Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 1.30.07 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 1.30.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 1.30.07 PM.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 877
It in today's 'printed' copy. Written by Richard Warnica, headline is "Fords' business dealings generate questions".
The column discusses the lack of leadership by Randy of Deco once Doug was immersing himself in running the city.
"As for Mr. Rudder, he said he barely recognizes the Doug Ford he sees on TV as his old, competent boss. He's so involved with running the city and defending his brother and that's the shame of it," he said. "I think he's just pissed his career down the toilet."

Doug's response to the allegations are quoted thusly:

"Doug Ford meanwhile called the allegations 'a witch hunt,' adding 'Rob and I are the most honest people in the world when it comes to taxpayer money."

The writer apparently interviewed four former employees of Deco.

Holy good crap. The most honest people in the world. And no one questions them. He gets all kinds of uninterrupted time to just say "meh" its a witch hunt.
Makes me ill.

I hope something is actually coming down the pipe instead of more crapola.

Also thanks for posting this for us :D:D

Last edited:
Kelly makes a stand. Wonder if an endorsement for mayor is coming next?

AdrianMorrow 12:55pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
.@DMayorKelly endorses @Kathleen_Wynne: "This city needs a city-friendly mayor and this province needs a city-friendly premier."

Last edited:
Being a bully and a shameless liar with an apprenticeship in drug dealing just might make someone a good executive for mid-size, family-run, industrial concern. Although it didn't seem to work for Randy.

My two favourite quotes from the NP article (bolding mine)

Overall Rudner did a good thing coming forward, but I just can't abide anyone, anywhere, even suggesting that Doug Ford is "running the city." Doug wouldn't piss on Toronto if it was on fire. Rob on the other hand...

Overall Rudner did a good thing coming forward, but I just can't abide anyone, anywhere, even suggesting that Doug Ford is "running the city." Doug wouldn't piss on Toronto if it was on fire. Rob on the other hand...

...into the ground." (they must have missed this last part.)

Nice tidbit from the NP article:

Mr. Rudner hired one employee, who asked that his name not be used, to help diversify Deco’s business. After Mr. Rudner left, the man said, it became quickly clear the company had no idea what to do with him. “Randy really didn’t understand the business well enough to know,” the man said.

The same man said he had to fight the company to get a severance cheque after he was let go. When it did arrive “it actually came in an envelope with Randy’s footprint on it,” he said.

Randy's mellowing with age. An envelope with his footprint on it is a long way from kidnapping!

The article does say that Rudner started at Deco in May 2010. The Fords were elected in late 2010. So he didn't actually work closely with Doug for that long. There was a period of about the same length at City Hall when people believed Doug was "the smart one" who could be reasoned with.

Doug's response to the allegations are quoted thusly:

"Doug Ford meanwhile called the allegations 'a witch hunt,' adding 'Rob and I are the most honest people in the world when it comes to taxpayer money."

“These in-camera meetings, there’s more corruption and skulduggery going on in there than I’ve ever seen in my life. And if Tuggs isn’t then I don’t know what is.”
--Rob Ford, 2010

No, Rob, apparently you don't know what corruption is.

"Also this year, her convicted drug-dealing ex-boyfriend Scott MacIntyre alleged in a later-dismissed lawsuit that Rob Ford utilized his contacts to arrange for a jailhouse beating." does anyone know when it was dismissed? first I have heared of.

I opened the article just a few minutes ago and the words "later dismissed" are no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back