News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
question...

if the escalade wasn't supposed to be allowed to leave until 3pm at the earliest, how was it able to leave early? the tweets about the SUV leaving were sent out a bit before 2pm.

also, here's another one of these...

http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=18685

it still has weird errors but has some info not found elsewhere as well.

Here is a Ted Herriott, b 1932, who co-authored a book titled "The Canadian Heritage Label Collection" with none other than AJ Casson. A copy is available in the Central Reference Lieberry. Sounds like our man.

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/...foods--Labeling.&Ntk=Subject_Search_Interface

Many of the original Group of 7 met while working as commercial artists at a joint called Grip, Ltd. It was a bread winner for a lot of artists and designers in the early modern era. I bet some of those labels in Herriot's book are pretty great, as far as commercial art goes. (Sadly, the name "Grip, Ltd" was appropriated by a crappy ad agency in the early part of this century.)

I would like to know about this Herriot fellow. Maybe he actually, you know, gave a shit. And that was an impediment to Doug Sr. Wonder what happened between them?

question...

if the escalade wasn't supposed to be allowed to leave until 3pm at the earliest, how was it able to leave early? the tweets about the SUV leaving were sent out a bit before 2pm.

also, here's another one of these...

http://www.muskokatodaily.com/?p=18685

it still has weird errors but has some info not found elsewhere as well.

I don't think so. The first tweets I saw weren't until around 5.

Stints has made it part of her platform to praise Ford for his first 2 years in office.

That's when things went south and Ford started alienating even his allies. Of course, most of the present company was never with him to begin with.

Anyone know if this coincided with the whole Ferris Wheel/Monorail waterfront nonsense?

Campaigns mark Rob Ford, John Tory birthdays

Mayor Rob Ford turns 45 on May 28 while John Tory turns 60.

Ford won’t be in Toronto to blow out the candles on his birthday cake — he’s still in rehab in Muskoka for his admitted problem with alcohol. But Ford’s campaign team sent out a press release Tuesday night inviting people to celebrate the mayor’s birthday at his Scarborough campaign office headquarters at 2082 Lawrence Ave. E. from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

“Merchandise and bobbleheads are available for purchase,” the release stated. “There will be cake and card signing to wish the mayor well.

“Come support the mayor in keeping Ford Nation alive!”

Tory’s campaign is holding a party for its candidate at 7 p.m. at the North York Novotel.

“On May 28th John is inviting you to spend a night with his family, friends and supporters to celebrate … well … him!” reads the invite for Tory’s party.

That event will cost partygoers a $10 donation at the door, which goes towards Tory’s mayoral campaign.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/27/campaigns-mark-rob-ford-john-tory-birthdays

Many of the original Group of 7 met while working as commercial artists at a joint called Grip, Ltd. It was a bread winner for a lot of artists and designers in the early modern era. I bet some of those labels in Herriot's book are pretty great, as far as commercial art goes. (Sadly, the name "Grip, Ltd" was appropriated by a crappy ad agency in the early part of this century.)

I would like to know about this Herriot fellow. Maybe he actually, you know, gave a shit. And that was an impediment to Doug Sr. Wonder what happened between them?

In 1965, Doug Sr. wanted to expand into tags, and Ted wanted to “stay the course,” Doolittle writes. Herriott told Doolittle there was a bit of a “personality clash.” He left Deco to start his own advertising company, and Deco Labels and Tags flourished and expanded under Ford’s leadership.

Business records and official directories confirm Herriott’s version. Was he bothered to be “airbrushed out of history?” “I’ll say I never understood it,” Herriott told Doolittle.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/92...-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-ford-family/

That's when things went south and Ford started alienating even his allies. Of course, most of the present company was never with him to begin with.

Anyone know if this coincided with the whole Ferris Wheel/Monorail waterfront nonsense?

You know, I think you're bang on. IIRC, (having heard it on the radio that very morning) it was a genuine, civic 'WTF?' moment. And from then on, whoosh, downhill. That whole Portlands thing is under-reported IMO.

Stints has made it part of her platform to praise Ford for his first 2 years in office.

Suggesting that that means that she LURVES him in a romantic way when he has recently been quoted not only saying that he'd like to "jam" her but she doesn't want to, but also on the topic of how he and his wife can have sex with other people in front of each other feels kind of icky. It also feels like she's being mocked for being a "girl" in politics, which isn't necessary. She's an idiot for praising Ford but it's not because she's a woman.

Suggesting that that means that she LURVES him in a romantic way when he has recently been quoted not only saying that he'd like to "jam" her but she doesn't want to, but also on the topic of how he and his wife can have sex with other people in front of each other feels kind of icky. It also feels like she's being mocked for being a "girl" in politics, which isn't necessary. She's an idiot for praising Ford but it's not because she's a woman.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back