1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 766     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing has given me a new perspective on life in the suburbs. I have never lived in one. I only know people who grew up in one and then escaped to the city because they hated it. But I have talked to cab drivers here in TO who all seem to like living in Mississauga because it is quiet.

There is one woman on twitter who has been trying to single-handedly defend DoFo and the residents'. She said the 'lefty media' lied about the situation and there were actually 30-50 year olds with mental health issues living in the house. lol She had no proof to back up her claims.

She also said that 'those kinds of people' belong downtown, and not in the suburbs. And that is what I didn't know before: that some people who live in the suburbs think downtown is for all the crazies.

Last edited:
A home of autistic children can, in fact, be difficult. For everyone involved ... and even those who didn't wish to be involved.

Think about it.
I'm very familiar with severely autistic children and even living with them. As in the same home, not down the street.

My point stands. Spineless human rubbish*

* Actually meant to be a very vulgar term for whose use I have previously been chastised on here.

This whole thing has given me a new perspective on life in the suburbs. I have never lived in one. I only know people who grew up in one and then escaped to the city because they hated it. But I have talked to cab drivers here in TO who all seem to like living in Mississauga because it is quiet.

There is one woman on twitter who has been trying to single-handedly defend DoFo and the residents'. She said the 'lefty media' lied about the situation and there were actually 30-50 year olds with mental health issues living in the house. lol She had no proof to back up her claims.

She also said that 'those kinds of people' belong downtown, and not in the suburbs. And that is what I didn't know before: that some people who live in the suburbs think downtown is for all the crazies.

Life in the 'burbs really isn't all that different from the life you live closer to downtown.

Seriously.

Well, there ARE 30-50 year old mental patients living in that street! They're the complainants.

Mentally ill people deserve homes too. End of story. Full stop. If some twats on this street or that street can't accept that then they too should be heavily sedated to give the rest of us a rest.

I'm sorry, bit this really pisses me off. Not only as someone who has lived with mental health issues, but also as someone who works with mental health patients on a volunteer basis, has friends with mental health issues, and has lived around mental health patients.

Griffin House has been quoted as saying: "Staff are in the house “24/7†she said, adding "staff are trained to deal with aggressive and volatile behaviour, part of which is knowing when to call the police. Typically, we don’t have emergency services come as much as they have in the last few weeks.â€

Edit: Yes, the residents may be exaggerating and making a big deal out of nothing, but we aren't there. EMS records would help.
Hey, according to Doug on that radio interview "cops and ems are there, uh, every other day."

Not that he would exaggerate or anything...

Even if cops and EMS are there every day, why is that a bother? Be happy they're not at your place and carry on, like a normal person.

People cry about the dumbest shite, I swear.

Anyone who complains about living near mental health patients deserves a bout of schizophrenia. Might make them realise how easy they actually have it.

I can't even believe this is an issue.

Hello?
Oh, hi, this is the 19th century calling. We'd like our issues back. Thanks.

FFS

I don't think anyone's saying it's not challenging to live next to the group home. Doug says "how would you like it next to your house?"

Well... I probably wouldn't like it. But... so what? Why do I have the right to live in that street and they don't??

We all have to put up with other people in order to live in a society. Maybe someone doesn't like the music you play in your home, which they can hear through the walls. Or the sound of your kids shrieking as they run through the sprinkler in the backyard every weekend, for hours and hours, all summer long.

When you buy a house, you get a house, not the whole street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back