675     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 360     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 463     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Blundell and Mammo talk about Doug. Mammo says he thinks "Doug didn't know everything" about Rob's addiction. Blundell disagrees.

Blundell: "... if Doug Ford runs [for mayor]... they guy who knew he was lying to everybody.
Mammo: "I don't believe that Doug knew everything...

Blundell: "I think you forget that I know other people that know him, that know he knew about it. that's what I can tell ya. I've known people who have known that family for many many years.... Everybody knows he [Doug] lies, everybody knows Doug was an accessory to exactly why Rob's in the situation he's in."

+1 in terms of non-sexist name calling. But I think it is better if we keep the name calling and swearing to a minimum. Everyone here is pretty bright. We don't need to use language that is unintelligent.

Don't tell me you think using gendered language and swearing is somehow unintelligent. Or do you oppose saying "HE'S a jerk" because HE implies HE's male? Some of the most intelligent people I know swear like sailors. They hold PhDs and would beat you at any trivia night.

If the mods think we shouldn't swear for whatever reason and that's why my posts got deleted, whatever. Let *them* tell me directly exactly what and why I did wrong. I'm willing to play by the rules, it's not MY forum. But don't *you* dare tell me I'm using language inappropriately like you're out of the fucking 19th century. Or is that too fucking offensive?

I defended the Ford girl and that tweet she posted COMPLETELY did the same thing I was trying to defend her from, and my reaction was "That bitch!". Don't like it? *Deal with it*.

Calling a man a bitch promotes negative stereotypes about women so I don't use the word in that fashion. It's not *what word you use* it's *what you mean by it*. I don't know if you're a man or woman and I don't care, but let me tell you that other than my mother there is not a single woman I know that would bristle at calling someone a bitch, and I know a lot. They use it more than I do!

Once, at my last job, I got pulled into a meeting because I had said "fuck" to a friend (in a non sexual way) on the phone at lunch. They said that my language was offensive and someone could complain about sexual harassment. This was no place to be glib, but I said anyway, "Are you fucking serious?" Their smile betrayed their serious tone. Good thing my profession is in high demand. Regardless, I was only cautioned, but I thought that was ridiculous. Now I work at a company where shits and fucks and damns fly around the office all the time, and you know what? People are happier. No one complains about this company, whereas literally everyone complained at the old one. Correlation is not causation but I think people are happier in general when they're allowed to be colourful. There's nothing wrong with swearing. Or, if you think there is, you need to listen to more George Carlin.

[video=youtube;vbZhpf3sQxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZhpf3sQxQ[/video]

Last edited:
damn, just saw the one with Doug. give me a minute, I'll catch up. Caught up.

Looks like Sandro's here, too...

robfordselfiesandro.jpg

Attachments

• robfordselfiesandro.jpg
    robfordselfiesandro.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,082
Some idle searching has sent me down a rabbit hole... hence my being up at 4:40 am even though I have to go to work in a few hours.

So, I happened upon this old tweet:
@lulu_much Jul 31
I walk into Gourmet Express to get soup and who is sitting there? Rob Ford..in Dixon...just eating Chinese food Lmao pic.twitter.com/gHAg2KTmSM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQiSTQACEAERBaC.jpg
---> that's July 31, 2013, 6:25 pm

So I look up the restaurant. It's at 1735 Kipling, at Dixon, a few minutes from the Windsor Rd house.

So I think to myself: "That's interesting. I wonder if the ITO has any surveillance for July 31, 2013." I find it on pg 276 of my version of the doc (that's the number on the bottom of the page -- it's pg 284 of 474 of the PDF).

135)On July 31, 2013 the Toronto Police Mobile Support Unit headed by Detective Sergeant SINOPOLI (6868) was detailed to surviel Alexander LISI. I have read the Surveillance Summary for that day and have learned the following:
a) Observations commenced in the area of 5 Madill Street, the known residence of Alexander LISI.
b) LISI arrived at his residence in the known Range Rover; following behind LISI was the known blue Ford Escape, license BEYW 660, the driver of the Ford Escape was not observed, both vehicles parked in the driveway.
c) A short time later the known Range Rover reversed out of the driveway, on board was LISI and an unknown male passenger. They left the neighborhood west bound on Dixon Road, they were left to run.

The only blue Ford Escape I can think of is Ford's other car (i.e. Renata's car). Sure enough, the plate is BEYW 660.
B97313146Z.120140501144523000GSP5ERRO.21.jpg

It's called "the known blue Ford Escape" but not identified as belonging to Mayor Ford. (I tried to look back to see if it's mentioned earlier in the ITO, but didn't see anything. It's a lot of pages though; and some aren't searchable).

Anyways, as highlighted, the driver "was not observed" and Lisi drives off with "an unknown male".
(then on pg 280 (listed as Aug 1) the Escape was described as being in the Edenbridge driveway next to the Escalade. Lisi visited Ford at home for half an hour.)

But who was driving the blue Ford Escape and meeting with Lisi on July 31? :confused:

that ITO material is odd, especially in terms of what it leaves out. an entire surveillance team and you can't ID the driver? did anyone get out of either vehicle? was the 'unknown male' driving away with lisi in (c) the same as the unknown person driving the ford escape in (b)?

in yesterday's #crackiversary edition of the toronto sun...
Councillor John Parker was blunt when describing the last year at City Hall.

“It has been disgraceful, it has been an embarrassment, it has been a year where Rob Ford’s credibility has self-destructed before our eyes,” Parker said. “And it has been a year of revelations of a consistent pattern of behaviour that is not defensible on the part of any grown-up, let alone of somebody holding public office, let alone of someone holding the highest public office.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/15/first-anniversary-of-mayor-rob-fords-crack-scandal

I've decided after following this story for a year that Rob Ford is antifragile, to borrow a concept from Nicholas Taleb. Criticism and scandal strengthens his position in the centre of Toronto politics. So I'm going to follow Jude McDonald's advice and refrain from commenting on this story until after the election. I will still follow here and lurk but Ford lives on scandal, divisiveness and anger.

What's the second family reference?

So RoFo was crying, just not on the floor?

Mel's 2nd family - he hid them for decades, so he has to know something about dissembling.

As to the answer - don't know. Journo did not respond to that question- perhaps because he failed to ask Mel that question or perhaps because he just did not feel like replying to me again.

some evidence that Ford uses email :p

response fail before he was mayor (Aug 2010):
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2010/08/26/yours_vaguely_rob_ford.html

Sarah Thomson email to Rob Ford March 2013 (I figure she wouldn't send him email if he doesn't use it, but who knows?)
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/11/sarah-thomson-email-to-rob-ford-rude-and-disrespectful-holyday

response to a critic in November 2013, with typo:
https://www.facebook.com/gailmcinne...&offset=0&total_comments=7¬if_t=feed_comment

If Rob truly keyboarded that last email - response to a critic - his staff would have been correct to take his computer away from him and forbid him to attempt any further correspondence himself from that moment onwards.

Thanks to everyone for an entertaining and educational overnight session. Today's version of staying up all night at college with good friends, but with the added bonus of Photoshop and the wonderful Night Before Crackmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back