News   Jul 09, 2024
 351     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 460     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
We are all different of course.Having grown up with a parent who swore a lot, I, for one, am very glad that it is a polite forum here.

I completely understand your opinion, as well. I think in a societal way, when we choose to immerse ourselves in company that might not share the same values as we do (as in online forums) there should be some tolerance for swearing. After all, no one forces us to participate. On the other hand, those who tend toward the more foul-mouthed style of communicating should probably practice some restraint. And hopefully, it will all balance out in the end.

True story - I went into a store after work, and the lone worker apologized for talking to herself when I first walked in. I told her that I talk to myself at work a lot too, except my talking to myself mostly consists of swear words. We both laughed. :)

tim hudack shop spacey and domo.jpg

needs a cat and a Mammo... lol

Attachments

• tim hudack shop spacey and domo.jpg
    tim hudack shop spacey and domo.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 697
My kids know when it's appropriate (not at school but when someone almost runs over you at a stop sign etc)...

I plan on avoiding Annette St. as much as possible for the foreseeable future.

Funny thing is how often as a pedestrian and subway user I run into Mayor Miller. As recently as yesterday.

Same thing for the last ten years. "Hello Mr. Mayor!" "Call me David!" :D

There's a mayor who didn't use a driver. And he didn't need a bodyguard(s). He took the TTC to City Hall.

Tim Alamenciak ‏@timalamenciak 2min
Mel Lastman just told me that Rob Ford was NOT curled up in the fetal position, crying on the floor of his office. #TOpoli

Mammo must be having another psychotic break from reality.

edit:
Tim Alamenciak @timalamenciak · 55s
There's a story coming shortly re last tweet, but that was one of the allegations Coun. Mammoliti made on a podcast: http://deanblundell.com/podcast/

I'm in Ford's age group. I've had a home computer since 1993. I've had internet access since 1996. Operating systems were much less intuitive back then, and there weren't a ton of computer knowledgeable people to run to for help. So, you learned to fix issues yourself, by trial and error, or by looking up solutions online. Many, many people in my age group know their way around computers, and I suspect for the same reason I do - if you wanted to use them, there weren't many other options other than to be self taught. My university aged daughter, who is a TA, tells me that there is a shocking number of younger people who do not know (or will not look for) solutions to computer issues. Unless you have some sort of learning disability, there's no excuse for it, other than laziness, or lack of intellectual curiosity. Or, maybe they have tons of money to pay the largely ineffectual "Geek Squad" to "fix" things, every time they run into a problem.

I feel like we shouldn't underestimate his reluctance to do anything in a transparent and above-board fashion. It's possible that he did all of his internetting on a personal device so that it wouldn't be accessed though FOI. I can't help thinking about how he doesn't believe in letting councillors have budgets and avoids submitting expense claims for perfectly reasonable things. Some of that may be because he actually isn't doing anything he could legitimately expense but some of it is just ludicrous -- I seem to recall he paid for his own official City stationery out of pocket and appeared not to understand during the conflict of interest that didn't mean he could just use it to write letters about his football foundation.

Euler: I think the Krista Ford quote has been dealt with here (sorry to be late in catching up), but I think my point is that yes, Ford children are off limits, but Ford adults who seem to be genetically predisposed to put their foot in it are fair game.

That's good to know.
Mammoliti alleges Ford on crack in 2002 'Gino boy' incident on podcast
Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti alleges on a podcast that Mayor Rob Ford was high on crack cocaine when he famously called the councillor “Gino boy” in 2002 and said the fallout from the incident led Ford to curl up crying in the fetal position on the floor of then-mayor Mel Lastman’s office.

On Thursday night, Lastman on flatly denied Mammoliti’s account that Ford was curled up in the fetal position crying in his office.

“No. No, he wasn’t,” said Lastman in a phone interview with the Star Thursday night. “I met with him but I’m not going to discuss it with you. That was a private meeting to discuss his problem, that’s all — the argument they had when the word ‘Gino boy’ came up.”

“He was in no fetal position,” said Lastman.

Doug Ford: "I've never seen Rob in a fetal position."

Earlier: "I've never seen the Mayor use a computer."

Hell, it's not like anyone's thinking of suing anyone, amiright?
Lord knows, I despise Mammoliti, like, before it was cool. But I'm also wary of the closing of ranks so abundantly illustrated in the Garrison incident.

Last edited:
Guess he was in a somewhat different position?

Mammoliti alleges Ford on crack in 2002 'Gino boy' incident on podcast

Coun. Giorgio Mammoliti appeared on ex-shock jock Dean Blundell's latest episode of his podcast to discuss the mayor.

By: Tim Alamenciak News reporter, Published on Thu May 15 2014

Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti alleges on a podcast that Mayor Rob Ford was high on crack cocaine when he famously called the councillor “Gino boy” in 2002 and said the fallout from the incident led Ford to curl up crying in the fetal position on the floor of then-mayor Mel Lastman’s office.

On Thursday night, Lastman on [sic] flatly denied Mammoliti’s account that Ford was curled up in the fetal position crying in his office.

“No. No, he wasn’t,” said Lastman in a phone interview with the Star Thursday night. “I met with him but I’m not going to discuss it with you. That was a private meeting to discuss his problem, that’s all — the argument they had when the word ‘Gino boy’ came up.”

“He was in no fetal position,” said Lastman.

Mammoliti’s chat was on the podcast of former shock jock Dean Blundell. Blundell was let go from radio station 102.1 The Edge after a Toronto Star article exposed homophobic commentary on the program about a sexual assault trial in which the show’s producer and co-host served as jury foreman.

Mammoliti appeared on an episode released Thursday of Deancast — a podcast Blundell has been posting to his personal website.

“I don’t know the real Rob Ford. And I say that for a reason. I think he’s been an addict for quite some time,” said Mammoliti on the program.

The 49-minute conversation between the two focuses predominantly on the mayor, now on leave from City Hall and receiving treatment for substance abuse. Mammoliti said that someone he described as “an addict” offered to sell him information on Ford for $5,000.

“He was a constituent of mine and that particular person said that he has information on the councillor at the time that I should know about and gave me details in terms of where I could find him and how high he would be . . . I’m not that type of guy. I just won’t do that stuff,” said Mammoliti.

Mammoliti and Ford have had a mercurial relationship over the years. In their days as councillors, the relationship between the two boiled over when Ford called Mammoliti a “Gino boy” — a slur used against Italians. On Blundell’s podcast, Mammoliti alleged Ford was on drugs at the time.

“When he called me Gino boy, he was high on something,” said Mammoliti on the program. Blundell asked him what drug he thought it was. “I think it was . . . my view is today is I think it was consistent to the crack or some of the hard (drugs).”

Councillor Doug Ford did not return a call from the Star Thursday night.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.55.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.55.32 PM.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back