433     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 948     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...h-the-most-expensive-program-in-north-america

"If Rob Ford really spent $100,000 on rehab it would be pretty much the most expensive program in North America

Facebook | Twitter | Email | Instapaper

National Post Staff
Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford (right) shares a laugh with one of his staff members outside his office at city hall in Toronto on Wednesday, March 19, 2014. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chris Young

In the words of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, the decision to seek help for his addiction problems at a Canadian rehab facility might end up costing him $100,000.

If so, he is paying a rate higher than just about any program in North America.

For example, Passages Malibu in California, a $15-million mansion overlooking the Pacific Ocean, reportedly costs $88,500 a month and has hosted the likes of Mel Gibson and Marc Jacobs.

Cheap by comparison, Hazelden and the Betty Ford Centre offers residential rehab services from $20,000 to $32,000.

Residential programs in Canada cost slightly less. The 30-day program at Ledgehill Treatment and Recovery Centre in Annapolis County, N.S., costs $12,950. Bellwood Health Services in Toronto is $17,339 for a 4.5-week program (this includes family programming and one-year of aftercare for patients). Homewood Health Centre in Guelph costs $330 a day for a private bed or $280 for a semi-private bed and addiction programs generally last 35 days.

Crucially, Ford didn’t elaborate on his $100,000 figure — costs beyond the initial can pile up while in rehab.

Consider the case of Jamie Q.: after after several treatment attempts — including a $6,500 28-day residential program — finally in 2010, his family used their savings, sold his motorcycle, refinanced their home and fundraised in their Nova Scotia community to send Jamie to Orchard Recovery Centre in B.C.

For a six-month stay, with the cost of flights, lost wages and treatment fees, it cost the family almost $65,000 — a little more than $10,000 a month and about 90% cheaper than Rob Ford’s rehab.

Files from Melissa Leong

Posted in: Posted Toronto, News Tags: Nova Scotia, Rob Ford, Toronto"

I believe (but, again, I could be totally wrong) that the Harris 'team' cut him loose because they figured that he had been sucked dry on donations. (In other words, he did not get the nomination the first time for being a 'deep thinker'; it was for $$$.)

Doug Sr lost the nomination to Chris Stockwell

One thing I'm counting on is that with Rub in Robhab and Tug being the sole dissenting voice in CH is that the press will use this downtime to check past votes for conflicts of interest and other petty shenanigans the Fords are famous for. I don't expect any huge issues, just more of the small ball corruption they figured they could get away with.

These two jerkoffs are incapable of pulling off some huge scheme without falling all over themselves so I think these "Deco funneling drugs/guns"/"Mafia ties" are tin hat conspiracy theories.

Remember, Rub is too stupid to get hammered/coked out away from the public eye and Tug is too stupid to avoid a conflict with Deco clients that were reported on 3 years ago.

Doug Sr lost the nomination to Chris Stockwell

Indeed. Remember that in the name of reducing the size of government, Harris reduced the number of seats from 130 to 103 (and now coinciding w/federal boundaries)--thus, Etobicoke went from 4 seats to 3. And that meant, a lot of sitting Common Sense Tories facing each other off for nominations--in this case, Stockwell vs Ford. And Stockwell, with his municipal career and seniority at Queen's Park, had the advantage.

So, the Fords can blame Mike Harris for the premature demise of their patriarch's political career.

The funniest part is in the Global-TV article:

quote:
Ford... is currently at an undisclosed rehabilitation facility for his alleged alcohol abuse.
Didn't rofo cop to the drinking? I thought that was the only problem he said he had. The only one his mom agreed with. That's why dofo said he should have his "pops" in the basement, way back after TofD last summer.
Maybe Global means that he hasn't owned up to it AA style.

Didn't rofo cop to the drinking? I thought that was the only problem he said he had. The only one his mom agreed with. That's why dofo said he should have his "pops" in the basement, way back after TofD last summer.
Maybe Global means that he hasn't owned up to it AA style.

OR, they suspect his Coke/Oxy habit is worse than his alcohol addiction:D

Remember, Rub is too stupid to get hammered/coked out away from the public eye

Addiction isn't about smart or stupid. When in the depths of a craving, an addict can find themselves with literally no choice in the matter. The systems in the brain that govern choice, desire and decision making are short circuited, and the addict will engage in drug seeking behaviour even though they don't "want" to use.

It's something that's really hard to understand if you haven't experienced it.

Recovery is about learning to recognize and avoid those triggers, so you can make the choice not to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back