664     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 592     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
since nothing's happening more speculation - if project traveller info might be coming out, could Doug be stalling some media waiting for his dumb confirmation so that no one's paying attention?

Unlikely. If there's anything good in traveller, it'll eclipse the rehab story… but I doubt there is. Presumably anything RoFo/Lisi related would be copied in the Brazen 2 ITO.

I took a visit to "I Hate the War on Rob Ford". Their new post is a Mother's Day wish to Diane, and some of the comments on the post are something to behold. If my most devout friends wrote about their prayers and wishes to the Virgin Mary, those writings would pale to some of those comments.

But that post got me thinking - unless she's truly evil or cynical, it really sucks to be Diane Ford. She has four kids - one's a completely hopeless addict, one at best is a former criminal who's said to be weird, the youngest went from being a loser nobody to a City Councillor all the way to Mayor before pissing it all away in a sea of booze and a desert of cocaine and haze of crack smoke, and the only "good" one learned his business skills in James Gardens. She must know that many see her as an enormous failure as a mother, and even if others are sympathetic, all of the kids' problems play out in public.

So this Mother's Day, her youngest is in rehab, her oldest shared the last known hit of crack that sent the youngest to rehab, the "good" one is trying to keep the youngest afloat while running the family business and watching his own political dreams go to hell, and the other one, well, he still lives at home past age 50. Hell of a Mother's Day.

If the only consistent thing in all your kids' messed-up lives is you, then maybe you're the problem.

I took a visit to "I Hate the War on Rob Ford". Their new post is a Mother's Day wish to Diane, and some of the comments on the post are something to behold. If my most devout friends wrote about their prayers and wishes to the Virgin Mary, those writings would pale to some of those comments.

But that post got me thinking - unless she's truly evil or cynical, it really sucks to be Diane Ford. She has four kids - one's a completely hopeless addict, one at best is a former criminal who's said to be weird, the youngest went from being a loser nobody to a City Councillor all the way to Mayor before pissing it all away in a sea of booze and a desert of cocaine and haze of crack smoke, and the only "good" one learned his business skills in James Gardens. She must know that many see her as an enormous failure as a mother, and even if others are sympathetic, all of the kids' problems play out in public.

So this Mother's Day, her youngest is in rehab, her oldest shared the last known hit of crack that sent the youngest to rehab, the "good" one is trying to keep the youngest afloat while running the family business and watching his own political dreams go to hell, and the other one, well, he still lives at home past age 50. Hell of a Mother's Day.

I checked the page out, Michael Ford put in a note to pass on all the kind thoughts. There were certainly some doozies there, like (paraphrasing) "you should be Mother of the Year for what the city's put you through." Hell, my take on that would be "I'm surprised you're not a complete nervous wreck from what your children put you through".

since nothing's happening more speculation - if project traveller info might be coming out, could Doug be stalling some media waiting for his dumb confirmation so that no one's paying attention?

You'd think media outlets would have plans in place to cover both the Traveller info dump and Doug's "big reveal"/stall tactic. I want to believe that anyway.

If you are so supposedly clueless as to not have any idea your 40+ year old son is an addict ("I have no idea"), is it any wonder why they all turned out they way they did? Happy Mother's Day!

PS: See you on TV again, love! I suspect we haven't seen the last of you yet!

AoD

You'd think media outlets would have plans in place to cover both the Traveller info dump and Doug's "big reveal"/stall tactic. I want to believe that anyway.

Newsrooms are a lot smaller than they used to be.

Super! Any idea why it wasn't in the Brazen ITO though? Is it not criminal, just embarrassing?

Not sure. Some might be presented in court while other stuff is embarrassing. For instance I hear they're filled with wiretaps where Somalis fear mafia is after them for crack video

To be honest - sheesh, as if there's anything honest about Doug Ford - I bet the hold up is he can't get proof IF Ford's in an actual rehab because it would be breaking all sorts of patient/employee confidentiality regulations for a rep from a treatment centre to make a statement about a client/city about an employee. Or, as someone's posited, they have to set up a rehab in their basement for a photo op.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back