1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 998     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given his notoriety, I think it would be difficult to find a doctor (well, a licensed one anyway) performing that on him.

I think we're in agreement there - if DoFo isn't sure about something, or if he thinks it might be potentially damaging, he opts for a lie immediately.

It's really a little kid's way of getting out of making an incriminating statement: answering a question honestly would create problems, so I'm going to answer a different question (the 'right' one that I have in mind) - ideally, saying something that makes me look good and makes you feel better about me.

I can imagine that worked to some extent growing up with Doug Sr as his dad, and then in the course of becoming an adult, Doug Jr mastered the art of lying with a straight face (i.e., a patronizing grin).

I heard some people asking yesterday why the Fords are such terrible (unconvincing) liars. I think it's because they're actually very practised at it, because they were enabled in doing so by people who accepted their words and didn't question them (enough), then they got lazy and sloppy to the point where they starting making up often contradictory stuff on the fly. What gives them an air of consistency is their apparent faith in the principle of 'it's not a lie if you believe (at least at that moment) plus their reliance on stock phrases.

http://youtu.be/iu-NJA4Y1RI?t=3m46s

I heard some people asking yesterday why the Fords are such terrible (unconvincing) liars. I think it's because they're actually very practised at it, because they were enabled in doing so by people who accepted their words and didn't question them (enough), then they got lazy and sloppy to the point where they starting making up often contradictory stuff on the fly. What gives them an air of consistency is their apparent faith in the principle of 'it's not a lie if you believe (at least at that moment) plus their reliance on stock phrases.

If you've ever had to deal with sociopathic liars (I have, a lot) they have some very frustrating characteristics. Their story changes constantly, and there's usually a sliver of truth in it that allows them to say you didn't understand them properly. And they really don't care if you catch them out, they just lie again and it becomes the truth for them.

My brother is one of these people and it's literally impossible to know what he's saying is true and what is a lie. Very often the most outlandish things are entirely true and the most banal things are lies. It's frustrating and exhausting and what happens is you just stop trying to catch them out and let them get on with it.

Which is EXACTLY what has happened with the Fords.

If you've ever had to deal with sociopathic liars (I have, a lot) they have some very frustrating characteristics. Their story changes constantly, and there's usually a sliver of truth in it that allows them to say you didn't understand them properly. And they really don't care if you catch them out, they just lie again and it becomes the truth for them.

My brother is one of these people and it's literally impossible to know what he's saying is true and what is a lie. Very often the most outlandish things are entirely true and the most banal things are lies. It's frustrating and exhausting and what happens is you just stop trying to catch them out and let them get on with it.

Which is EXACTLY what has happened with the Fords.

As sno man so eloquently put it a few pages back: "Exactly, there are so many levels of BS here, it's now impossible to know which BS is the actual BS."

Doug is speaking to cp24 right now. I really do wonder what would happen if people did stop asking about Rob, would Doug be ignored? If so, it might be worth it.

If I was the manager, I' be concerned with anyone calling my employees liars, and release the footage to prove that they weren't and should receive an apology.

Companies like this don't like getting involved in stuff like this; it always turns out bad for them. Releasing the tape is a guaranteed firing. If an owner does it, they'd probably lose their franchise rights for any stores they own (most Tims owners own multiple locations)

I am now running with the theory that Ford is taking time off for weight loss surgery.

Hard to imagine a surgeon willing to perform it on a man coming off a bender.

"And he should donate his brain to science, because he would be the first person to "be doing great" after 4 days in rehab."

Last edited:
Those two clods will get every ounce of bad karma coming to them in this life and hopefully in a few others...

And yet it is somehow "poor form" to wish for their death. I just don't understand that. These aren't people-who-hold-different-views, but rather truly-scum-of-the-earth. Why is wishing for their death beyond the pale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back