1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 758     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually way more than a couple mil when they finally account for wasted sunk cost and contract cancellation penalties for the Scarborough LRT's. Yet still, even now, I come across people in real life and in the comments section convinced that RoFo is the only one they trust to look after the public purse! They don't want to know anything else. And nothing else seems to matter.

I don't think I've seen this type of hardcore blind faith before, at least not in Canada. It's a cult. And it's scary.

Haha for the "couple of mil" I meant the non transit stuff ... the EDM thing for one ...

Scarb LRT sunk costs are gonna on the order of hundreds of mil...

Haha for the "couple of mil" I meant the non transit stuff ... the EDM thing for one ...

Not too mention the necessity to purchase subway cars, rezone the area for commercial and multifamily and the real kicker...Toronto will be on the hook for all cost overruns.

Byford already said a good chunk of those costs get re-applied if they switch back to the LRT option. He also said last week he was trying to keep the new work/costs to stuff applicable to either option, until after the election. (At least someone is trying.)

Killing Transit city was expensive. Staying with transit.

There is someone on UT (sorry, can't remember the 'handle') who has relatives that live on Ford's street. Perhaps he/she can find out whether it is still in the driveway or not?

My most reliable edenbridge source is out of the country. I'm willing. To drive-by tomorrow morning and report back

Last edited:
Here's my question: where's RoFo's Escalade?

For a variety of reasons, I drive by Chez RoFo occasionally. I drove by yesterday morning and this morning around 8:30, and again this afternoon around 3:45 - the Escalade appears (at a glance, as I'm driving) not to have moved.

Not sure if that means anything though, other than it hasn't been driven.

Someone on council knows how to straighten out DMW, he is such a weasel:

Don Peat
‏@reporterdonpeat
"I'm going to make this as painful for you as possible" Cllr Janet Davis to Cllr Denzil Minnan-Wong as she rises to speak

I don't think that was ever an actual priority. Ford's pissed away so much money, anyone who thinks he's fiscally responsible simply isn't informed.

The best ones I can think of are the KPMG report, quite an expensive one, that showed there's really little to no waste to cut ... and installing bike lanes costing $50k and then quickly removing them at a cost of ~$200k... after another probably-not-too-cheap report said traffic was humming along just fine. And that's just the small stuff. We don't even know how much the Scarborough subway BS is going to end up costing yet in terms of sunk costs/contract obligations and that's just one part of it!

It's funny when you think that Robbie and co pissing away a couple million is actually 'small stuff'... If only his base knew that.
With a campaign happening, one would hope that other candidates might bring focus to some of these realities. But instead candidates like Tory and Stintz have their eye on Ford's voter base and see validating Ford's broad strokes as a way to convince those voters that they'd continue whatever initiatives Ford supporters believe he's achieved.

Hi. My name’s westyvt and I’m a UT thread reader. I’ve been reading a long time and haven’t been able to quit for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. I’ve admitted I’m powerless over the thread and my life has become unmanageable; still struggling with the higher power part. I’ve tried the cold turkey approach, erasing all links and everyting, but I’m usually off the wagon in no time. My sponsor suggests I go for walks without my phone, but I cheat and sneak it into my pocket. If anyone would like to share their experience, strength and hope about how to stop reading all this crap, I’d love to listen. Thanks, I’ll pass.

Last edited:
Hi. My name’s westyvt and I’m a UT thread reader. I’ve been reading a long time and haven’t been able to quit for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. I’ve admitted I’m powerless over the thread and my life has become unmanageable; still struggling with the higher power part. I’ve tried the cold turkey approach, erasing all links and everyting, but I’m usually off the wagon in no time. My sponsor suggests I go for walks without my phone, but I cheat and sneak it into my pocket. If anyone would like to share their experience, strength and hope about how to stop reading all this crap, I’d love to listen. Thanks, I’ll pass.

Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back