3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Trailer Park Boys parlance this is known as the Shit Prism.

Speaking of, I was just going to say that it feels like we're living through a 4 year-long Trailer Park Boys episode. When it's all said and done, the Rob Ford mayoralty will go down as the single greatest piece of performance art in human history.

Christ it is hard to work full time and keep up with this thread. How the hell do you people do it?

I don't think there's really been much *news* today after the rehab lies in the morning... other than Mammo freaking out and arguing with Perks...

Oh man, I just remember something from the crack rant video, he said he'd fight someone in his underwear, He's RANDY Bo Bandy!

Missed that. Is there footage?

I don't think so. Basically they were talking about opening up the EDM debate and Mammo left council in a huff, in protest, saying that it was "kangaroo court" ... Perks said that banning EDM at the Ex won't make kids go home and do their homework, will just make them party somewhere less safe... Also said "Any sentence that starts with 'Councillor Mammolti says' is better left untouched."

Look through Peat or Dale's Twitter for a play by play. I wasn't watching a council feed or anything.

I guess the good news about that is with Robbie gone, council is back to arguing about petty nonsense which is the natural way of things.

EDM at the Ex is hardly petty nonsense. It should be a huge scandal, with the committee decision costing the city a million dollars in order to aid a private business with suspicious ties to the Mayor.

EDM at the Ex is hardly petty nonsense. It should be a huge scandal, with the committee decision costing the city a million dollars in order to aid a private business with suspicious ties to the Mayor.

I actually agree. But it's petty nonsense when compared to all the other shit ... like transit .... Ex isn't even that good a venue.

I'd love for it to actually turn into a big scandal and expose all of the backroom nonsense, but funny enough, we have bigger scandals than just corruption... Ah, Toronto.

I actually agree. But it's petty nonsense when compared to all the other shit ... like transit .... Ex isn't even that good a venue.

I'd love for it to actually turn into a big scandal and expose all of the backroom nonsense, but funny enough, we have bigger scandals than just corruption... Ah, Toronto.

The Ex situation isn't just about EDM though. Hopefully it opens up a can of worms about influence peddling, bribery and/or other more insidious matters........you know, gravy train stuff?

The Ex situation isn't just about EDM though. Hopefully it opens up a can of worms about influence peddling, bribery and/or other more insidious matters........you know, gravy train stuff?

Now you're just trolling - Rob Ford got rid of all the gravy, remember?

more insidious matters........you know, gravy train stuff?

I don't think that was ever an actual priority. Ford's pissed away so much money, anyone who thinks he's fiscally responsible simply isn't informed.

The best ones I can think of are the KPMG report, quite an expensive one, that showed there's really little to no waste to cut ... and installing bike lanes costing $50k and then quickly removing them at a cost of ~$200k... after another probably-not-too-cheap report said traffic was humming along just fine. And that's just the small stuff. We don't even know how much the Scarborough subway BS is going to end up costing yet in terms of sunk costs/contract obligations and that's just one part of it!

It's funny when you think that Robbie and co pissing away a couple million is actually 'small stuff'... If only his base knew that.

I don't think that was ever an actual priority. Ford's pissed away so much money, anyone who thinks he's fiscally responsible simply isn't informed.

The best ones I can think of are the KPMG report, quite an expensive one, that showed there's really little to no waste to cut ... and installing bike lanes costing $50k and then quickly removing them at a cost of ~$200k... after another probably-not-too-cheap report said traffic was humming along just fine. And that's just the small stuff. We don't even know how much the Scarborough subway BS is going to end up costing yet in terms of sunk costs/contract obligations and that's just one part of it!

It's funny when you think that Robbie and co pissing away a couple million is actually 'small stuff'... If only his base knew that.

It's actually way more than a couple mil when they finally account for wasted sunk cost and contract cancellation penalties for the Scarborough LRT's. Yet still, even now, I come across people in real life and in the comments section convinced that RoFo is the only one they trust to look after the public purse! They don't want to know anything else. And nothing else seems to matter.

I don't think I've seen this type of hardcore blind faith before, at least not in Canada. It's a cult. And it's scary.

The Muzik situation is going to be one of the nails in the Ford coffin. It is misuse of office. Obvious corruption.

To whoever said this trompe l'oeil rehab was our white bronco moment, I agree. The fact that it was exposed at Tim's makes it quintessentially Canadian. :)

That girl Cayla had better watch her back too. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back