380     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 683     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 441     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, yeah, Doug ... because a doctor totally wouldn't know how to contact the media discreetly, and that 'captain of industry' and the 'professional athlete' in there with Rob are fine with Rob allluding to their presence. And of course Warmington calling Rob on his cell is nothing to do with any of that.

Maybe Norm Kelly could make a statement and clear this up. He's the DM and he's credible. Something like: "In the course of arranging for Mayor Ford's personal leave of absence, city HR staff have confirmed that he is receiving in-patient treatment at recognized substance-abuse treatment centre. I have no further comment and ask that members of the public and media give Rob the time and space he needs to start dealing with his issues."

What's so hard about that?

Maybe Norm Kelly could make a statement and clear this up. He's the DM and he's credible. Something like: "In the course of arranging for Mayor Ford's personal leave of absence, city HR staff have confirmed that he is receiving in-patient treatment at recognized substance-abuse treatment centre. I have no further comment and ask that members of the public and media give Rob the time and space he needs to start dealing with his issues."

It would work if Rob was actually in rehab. He's not, so they cannot have Norm Kelly or city staff confirm anything or the jig is up before Rob can actually blow it.

Plus, I think they may hate Norm Kelly right now.

Because he's not in rehab?

Nothing hard about it but I'd say it won't happen because he isn't at rehab of any sort that CH HR would have been involved in arranging. Why would Kelly want to destroy his credibility by lying?

That would be great, especially as it would be an official statement and would leave Doug spluttering ineffectually about privacy while still doing his usual angling for attention, i.e., making him look like a lying hypocrite, as usual.

do you have a link to the twitter feed? Right outside Timmy's.

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 11.50.27 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 11.50.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 11.50.27 AM.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 807
Nothing hard about it but I'd say it won't happen because he isn't at rehab of any sort that CH HR would have been involved in arranging. Why would Kelly want to destroy his credibility by lying?

Good point. In fact maybe Kelly should say something to the effect that no confirmation has been obtained ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back