745     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is at the larger airports, when I moved from the UK to the US I had to go through US immigration in the airport before I got to enter the waiting area for the flight.
Gee, when did that happen? All my LHR - JFK flights in the past had to clear at JFK. Though they were all at least 10 years ago and via Concorde so they were in the Concorde facility. The LHR - YVR flights I've done since all clear at YVR too.

BTW, Doug's comment that his brother will come back a little lighter is no biggie, any alcoholic that quits drinking will shed pounds very fast even while eating 3 squares a day. I lost 20lbs over 21 days at the Donwoods Institute.

P.S. Oddest addiction I saw there was to Nasal spray.

That's true. Or even going into rehab and deciding he didn't want to after all and walking out 5 minutes later. Unless you get sent to rehab by the courts (and even then, it's possible) you can walk out whenever you want to.

I remember a guy walked out of one because it only had a black and white TV! :D

Wherever Robbie is, I hope they have lotsa sports channels.

GFL may have defaulted in its contractual obligations to current municipal clients...

A recent (April 30th) Ontario Superior Court decision has been issued with regards to GFL's safety record as given by its Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration (or CVOR). It turns out that earlier this year GFL's ranking was downgraded by the Ontario Registrar of Motor Vehicles, to "conditional" from its previous "satisfactory rating", due to "a substantial deviation from acceptable safety standards", as the decision puts it.

[...]

GFL may be in default of its contract with the City of Toronto. If so, Rob Ford's one acknowledged success may wind up being yet another failure.

http://bigcitylib.blogspot.ca/2014/05/company-rob-ford-gave-to-garbage.html

That's my issue. Anonymous sources are a necessary part of journalism, but the Sun went with the attacks on the Star and Globe using anonymous sources but have used them multiple times since with no sense of irony or contrition. Hypocrisy is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Makes me wonder if the anonymous tipster (*JOEY WORMS*) is on the scene testing beverages, as he's prone to do, and using the BMI Calipers on Glorious Mayor?

BTW, Doug's comment that his brother will come back a little lighter is no biggie, any alcoholic that quits drinking will shed pounds very fast even while eating 3 squares a day. I lost 20lbs over 21 days at the Donwoods Institute.

P.S. Oddest addiction I saw there was to Nasal spray.

Yeah, it's amazing what replacing calories gained from alcohol with nutritious food will do. Despite his size, Robbie is probably suffering from malnutrition (bring on the B vitamins!) and I'd also think they'd ease him into exercise after doing a thorough exam.

Gee, when did that happen? All my LHR - JFK flights in the past had to clear at JFK. Though they were all at least 10 years ago and via Concorde so they were in the Concorde facility. The LHR - YVR flights I've done since all clear at YVR too.

I also thought that is interesting. Last time I flew from the UK directly to the US was Heathrow to Newark, about three years ago, and we went through US customs and immigration in Newark.

... Never flew on Concorde, but I do know certain NHL and NBA teams actually get pre-cleared and then take a bus straight to the airplane, skip the entire security theatre. The perks of celebrity, I suppose! :D

I also thought that is interesting. Last time I flew from the UK directly to the US was Heathrow to Newark, about three years ago, and we went through US customs and immigration in Newark.

I flew once YYZ to LHR via some bullshit airport in upstate NY and they actually had me clear customs before connecting ... Dunno if that's normal.

I just saw the CP24 clip - he delivered the line without any bluster - I'm leaning towards the fact that he might not be lying based on how he mentioned confidentiality of those in the program - this sounds like something the program would have warned him against violating.

Nope. If Rob was in an actual program all Doug would have to do is give a few specifics and the questioning would stop. He gives none, therefore it is all bullshit. Also, the idea that Rob is calling people from rehab just a couple of days in and telling everybody that he's doing well and really getting into the program? Come on. They probably don't even let you call people on the phone at that point.

My guess is they've got Rob locked up somewhere like a werewolf with Jerry or some other steroid monster standing guard. Hope they don't think they can cut him off cold turkey, though. That could get ugly.

Sorry, misunderstood your point (just searched for a quick photo - just pointing out that the settings are very different).

Wherever he is, I hope he "gets with the program" rather than just thinking his family (Doug, Mother) are punishing him/keeping him out of the way after this latest video.

I agree with you, kbdid. Sorry if my tone sounded a bit off. I did not mean it that way.

I remember a guy - a good, but very self-centred man, with multiple issues. Another man was telling him that he was expecting his son to visit, but the boy didn't bother to show up, or even call. The man started to cry, and the other man simply put his arm around his shoulders. After that, he became much more involved with the group, even to the point of becoming their unofficial advocate. Sometime later, he made a return visit to the place and was touched to see the other residents had named his old room after him.

All that to say that I think a program - if he takes it seriously - could do Rob a lot of good. Not as a politician, but simply as a man.

Cheers!

Oh no... makes it sound like he's at Jenny Craig.

ddale8 9:44am via Web
Doug Ford refused to tell the Star this morning where Rob Ford is, but he says his brother is in a "program" - and losing weight.

ddale8 9:44am via Web
Doug Ford: "I know he’s working out every day. He tells me he’s going to come back a few pounds lighter so that’s good.â€
What's so odd about this is that even with Rob in "rehab", Doug is not willing to admit there's a substance abuse problem. That is, he's talking with Rob about working out and losing weight, rather than Doug saying something like, "Rob is now seeing that he does (or did) have a drinking problem, and is working on it" or something positive about the actual reason he checked into a facility.
I wish a reporter could scream at Doug, "Nobody fucking cares if Rob is benching 200 pounds, that's not the goddamned issue here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back