News   Jul 15, 2024
 802     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 936     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of random thoughts:

1) why does it seem that all of the crack smoking goes on in basements?
2) Rob Ford as a reality tv star is a dead end. The minute he is no longer mayor, the entire story loses its appeal. Then he just becomes another sad druggie.
3) the gawker story claims that "jermaine" the drug dealer didn't want his real name made public for fear that it would put his life in jeopardy. Think about that for a minute.

Jermaine starts with a J.
Juiceman starts with a J!

Case closed!

I wonder if Mikey will be installed in a nearby motel to keep an eye on him. Make sure Uncle Robbie graduates.

It looked like Mikey was alone in his red Camaro with the M D FORD vanity plates* this AM, so I suppose it would be of interest if his car is parked at Buttonville now and is still there this evening. Anyone on UT able to say?

*Great for undercover work, of course. Obviously has not learned from Unca' Rob and Lisi.

Last edited:
Overheard two guys talking at King West and Dufferin near the McDicks, "Last time I talked to Sandro Lisi two days ago he was shook"

That's all.

Well I guess he knew today was coming. Maybe he knew he may have violated bail?

I have a theory.

I believe Ford may really be at rehab (but just barely), and I think that's exactly what he wants (subconsciously; if he actually *has* a subconscious).

Unlike some, I don't think Rob is a sociopath. He's not "together" enough. He's got impulse control issues, but he also makes statements of regret or sadness when drunk. He's suffering from depression and rehab is a way out for him.

His brother and family want him in a short rehab. Not long enough to forfeit the mayorship, but enough to shore up the sympathy votes.

Ford hates his job. The disdain is visible in his eyes every time he has to go to a ribbon cutting and his work attendance is dismal. He even let keystone campaign promises sit in limbo (see: Sheppard Subway, etc.). The campaign isn't exactly going swimmingly and his support is a fraction of what it once was, as the launch turnout shows. But he's there, and running again because the family deemed it so. However, Rob, like many others with depression and guilt, is prone to self-sabotage.

So, my thinking is that he's going to consciously or subconsciously (and very publicly) sabotage his rehab. He stays in rehab for 90 days, he's no longer mayor. More than 6 months, and he's missed the election and has to wait four more years.

He gets out of having to run for mayor again, without the personal shame of losing an election that he already knows is probably lost anyhow. It's hard for his family to push him into running again if he's off the wagon in public. It's everything he really wants. He gets to take his ball and go home, in a bizarre way. Sure, Doug and Diane might be mad at him for a while, but after all the stuff Kathy's done she's still part of the family, right?

Any chance he caught another private plane at O'hare?

Also I can't believe he hired a private plane. Geeze, Jones, hitting bottom sure is rough.

Rob likely doesn't want to get clean. He wants to escape consequences with the least amount of effort possible.

Last edited:
I laughed out loud when I saw this just now:

---

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m -- Muzik club owner has issued a statement. In part: "Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Mayor Ford and I are not close."

---

Well of course not, Zlatko, Rob's in Chicago :)

Free drinks are over?

ddale8 4:24pm via Web
Muzik club owner has issued a statement. In part: "Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Mayor Ford and I are not close."

Any chance he caught another private plane at O'hare?

Or a train, or rented a car.

"Planes, trains and automobiles"

RIP John Candy from Newmarket.

Passed away at age 44.

ddale8 4:24pm via Web
Muzik club owner has issued a statement. In part: "Contrary to what has been reported in the media, Mayor Ford and I are not close."

More and more folks are distancing themselves.

Last edited:
Can we pause to shake our heads at the arbitrariness of US Border/Customs? They'll question/cancel a permit for a celebrity chef because she admitted to doing lines a decade ago with a dying husband and will refuse entry to people with decades-old minor pot charges, yet they let this bastard fly in to get to rehab despite being filmed less than a week before smoking (what seems to be) crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back