News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 504     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a big mess this guy has created.

That's why this whole spectacle has been entirely jawdroppingly ludicrous. There was a time; between the publication of the Gawker-Star spectacles and the Towhey firing, that Ford might have been able to mitigate the damage. His stubborn refusal to admit the obvious has become a worldwide sensation.

On CP24 their scroller told of the new Star Wars movie's cast selection. The names Fisher, Hammill and Ford crawled by. I did a doubletake....and I'll bet a lot of you reading this did too. It occurred to me that the spectacle and damage accrued to this nonsense of Ford will be in our collective conciousness for years to come...

You might think that the interviewing officers would appear interested in that number, or even that it might have been part of a Traveler intercept.

Good point. That's basically the killer right there. Or if it was a payphone were there cameras nearby?

That's why this whole spectacle has been entirely jawdroppingly ludicrous. There was a time; between the publication of the Gawker-Star spectacles and the Towhey firing, that Ford might have been able to mitigate the damage. His stubborn refusal to admit the obvious has become a worldwide sensation.

Of course, the problem is that a) his worship is cut from a different cloth from most, utterly devoid of self-respect or shame - , too eager to capitalize on his notoriety and turn it into a public spectacle for his own benefit; b) a core group of supporters who are too eager to "stick it to the elites" and made it their raison d'etre, regardless of the substance of their choice of representative. The question raised isn't merely that of his fitness to govern, but his supporters' fitness to choose.

Frankly, so long as the latter group of individuals remain, the politics in the city will always be dicey.

AoD

Last edited:
One thing that struck me as odd was after that one person who watched the shooting through the peephole spoke with police, he gets a call asking him why he's talking to cops.

Was the call from the mayor himself? "Yeah, Rob fuckin' Ford here, mayor of this fuckin' city. What the fuck, buddy? What's your problem? Why'd you talk to the cops? You a rat? A snitch? Snitches get stitches, buddy. What goes around comes around."

The question raised isn't merely that of his fitness to govern, but his supporters' fitness to choose.AoD

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Did anyone keep count of when we last heard from Dug! This must be close to a record. I HOPE something is going down!:)

It's like when spoiled brats become to quiet. Adults get suspicious. Did something bad happen to them? Are they are up to something? Or, did they just feel like taking a time-out?

One would expect them to be blowing the horn on their big red fire-truck.

Last edited:
Did anyone keep count of when we last heard from Dug! This must be close to a record. I HOPE something is going down!:)

It certainly has been awhile, before the TCHC Gene Jones fiasco. Maybe since the campaign launch? I've asked a few media people and got no answer. Maybe I'll try again.

Edit: Anyone want to call his office to inquire?

Last edited:
On CP24 their scroller told of the new Star Wars movie's cast selection. The names Fisher, Hammill and Ford crawled by. I did a doubletake....and I'll bet a lot of you reading this did too. It occurred to me that the spectacle and damage accrued to this nonsense of Ford will be in our collective conciousness for years to come...

One aspect of that which worries me immensely is that there is a fantastic candidate running for council right now in South Etobicoke (Ward 6 - Grimes' seat currently) whose name is Russ Ford. He is not related to RoFo by blood and certainly not by ideology, as his web site shows.

A plea to my fellow UTers: if any confusion or FUD arises in your convos about this subject, please help spread the word that there is no family or other connection between Russ and RoFo. There is just the accident of having the same last name - one that is fairly common - and running in the same part of the city (Etobicoke).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back