480     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 535     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda OT but haven't any of Dougs constituents complained - web site years' old, bad attendance etc.?

Interesting that DoFo's been on relatively "good" behaviour in public over the past few weeks. Even after crackgate he wasn't able to keep the addiction monster in the closet for this long.

Kinda OT but haven't any of Dougs constituents complained - web site years' old, bad attendance etc.?

Interesting that DoFo's been on relatively "good" behaviour in public over the past few weeks. Even after crackgate he wasn't able to keep the addiction monster in the closet for this long.

He's probably just "had enough" - as in "sorry mom, I just can't save stinky from himself..."

Not it was a mystery caller. But he was alarmed when he heard someone was shot out front of the apartment he was told about. He called it "sobering"

I love how Price was hired because "you can't buy loyalty", but based on the ITO it seems told the police as much (if not more) stuff as anyone.

I love how Price was hired because "you can't buy loyalty", but based on the ITO it seems told the police as much (if not more) stuff as anyone.

Not sure he was totally truthful though. I think he knows who told him Smith was killed for the crack video on his phone

You know, it's jokes like this which actually resonate with the insane inhabitants of Scar.

Realistically speaking, reworking the SRT ROW for LRT is going to take a lot of time and indeed shuttle busses would be servicing those people during that time.

Personally I think the LRT project should have been started ages ago, minor inconveniences be damned. I mean, I live on Eglinton, traffic is terrible and going to only get worse because of the Crosstown. But it's necessary.

Does anyone else find David Prices story about the mystery caller randomly telling him about the link between Smith and the video suspicious? You think he just found this stuff out from Lisi or Ford, panicked and told Towhey, while making up the mystery caller part to protect his source?
The Star, May 30, 2013:
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told senior aides not to worry about a video appearing to show him smoking crack cocaine because he knew where it was, sources told the Star. Ford then blurted out the address of two 17th-floor units — 1701 and 1703 — at a Dixon Rd. apartment complex, to the shock of staffers at a city hall meeting almost two weeks ago, the sources said. The mayor cited “our contacts” as the source of his information, according to insiders familiar with the unusual May 17 session in his office. Staffers were alarmed by the implication of hearing so precise a location, sources said...
Around the table at city hall on May 17 were operations and logistics director David Price, then deputy chief of staff Earl Provost, press secretary George Christopoulos and others. Missing from the meeting was Mark Towhey, then Ford’s chief of staff. Also not in attendance was communications special assistant Isaac Ransom.

Price tells police that he went to 15 Windsor Rd. the morning of the 17th to talk to Fabio, instead speaks briefly with Elena, but does not bring this up with Ford after picking him up to take him to work. Later that day Price asks Twohey what they would do if "hypothetically" they knew the address of the video. Twohey tells Price to cut the crap, and that they're not going to fucking get it. Twohey goes to the cops.

When Twohey is being interviewed by police on the 18th, Christopoulos texts him the Dixon addresses, which is described by police as where the video is.

On May 18 Detective Sergeant Giroux and Detective Schertzer interviewed David Price...after giving police the numbers for Mohammed Siad and Mohammed Farah and the address unit 1703 - 320 Dixon he claimed were provided by a anonymous phone-calls, he says that he feels Mayor Ford does not have this information because he not currently on speaking terms with Doug. He also claims his tipster emphasized that the video was not known to be there, only the guys trying to sell it. David Price was clearly trying to mislead the police.

On May 19th as per Staff Superintendent Ramer, it was decided that no further interviews would take place in relation to the suggestions that Mayor Ford was smoking crack or the possibility that the recording is on the cell phone of Anthony Smith that was stolen at the time of his murder until Project Traveler was completed.

Traveler completes, they (eventually) discover the video on Mohammed Siad's laptop, Hanad Mohamed is arrested in Alberta and we never learn the contents of electronic devices seized then, his charges are stayed and TPS insists that Smith's death is not related to the crack video based on Traveler intercepts and/or the convictions of the lead Investigator into Smith's murder.

On June 20th, Twohey tells the cops that Price told him on the Monday or Tuesday after May 18th that the situation with the video would be taken care of as they spoke. Then Twohey learns about the shooting of Abdullahi Harun on the 17th floor of Dixon. Mohammed Siad helps get Harun to hospital. Twohey tells police he's unsure if Price knew about the shooting before it happened. "When Twohey asked Price how he knew people who knew these things, his reply was 'it's a small neighbourhood." Yet TPS would have us believe this shooting was unrelated to the video.

One thing I like is how ill-tempered Price, he of the GO Station tantrums, thinks Rob barks at his staff too much. And how he is shocked to learn from police that Twohey isn't his #1 fan, because Twohey hired him, when we also hear that he badgered the Mayor into giving him a position that had to be created, at a salary much more lucrative than other staffers.

Last edited:
scott and kathy.jpg

so fucked, daddy.

Attachments

• scott and kathy.jpg
    scott and kathy.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:
The Star, May 30, 2013:

Price tells police that he went to 15 Windsor Rd. the morning of the 17th to talk to Fabio, instead speaks briefly with Elena, but does not bring this up with Ford after picking him up to take him to work. Later that day Price asks Twohey what they would do if "hypothetically" they knew the address of the video. Twohey tells Price to cut the crap, and that they're not going to fucking get it. Twohey goes to the cops.

When Twohey is being interviewed by police on the 18th, Christopoulos texts him the Dixon addresses, which is described by police as where the video is.

On May 18 Detective Sergeant Giroux and Detective Schertzer interviewed David Price...after giving police the numbers for Mohammed Siad and Mohammed Farah and the address unit 1703 - 320 Dixon he claimed were provided by a anonymous phone-calls, he says that he feels Mayor Ford does not have this information because he not currently on speaking terms with Doug. He also claims his tipster emphasized that the video was not known to be there, only the guys trying to sell it. David Price was clearly trying to mislead the police.

Traveler completes, they (eventually) discover the video on Mohammed Siad's laptop, Hanad Mohamed is arrested in Alberta and we never learn the contents of electronic devices seized then, his charges are stayed and TPS insists that Smith's death is not related to the crack video based on Traveler intercepts and/or the convictions of the lead Investigator into Smith's murder.

On June 20th, Twohey tells the cops that Price told him on the Monday or Tuesday after May 18th that the situation with the video would be taken care of as they spoke. Then Twohey learns about the shooting of Abdullahi Harun on the 17th floor of Dixon. Mohammed Siad helps get Harun to hospital. Twohey tells police he's unsure if Price knew about the shooting before it happened. "When Twohey asked Price how he knew people who knew these things, his reply was 'it's a small neighbourhood." Yet TPS would have us believe this shooting was unrelated to the video.

One thing I like is how ill-tempered Price, he of the GO Station tantrums, thinks Rob barks at his staff too much. And how he is shocked to learn from police that Twohey isn't his #1 fan, because Twohey hired him, when we also hear that he badgered the Mayor into giving him a position that had to be created, at a salary much more lucrative than other staffers.

I definitely think that shooting at 320 Dixon was over the video, even though police said in the last ITO they don't have the evidence to back that up yet. Maybe some of Lisi's contacts. One thing that struck me as odd was after that one person who watched the shooting through the peephole spoke with police, he gets a call asking him why he's talking to cops.

One thing that struck me as odd was after that one person who watched the shooting through the peephole spoke with police, he gets a call asking him why he's talking to cops.
You might think that the interviewing officers would appear interested in that number, or even that it might have been part of a Traveler intercept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back