559     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 645     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm disappointed by the Lisi trial date (and feeling gloomy about this election in general), I have to highlight this gem of an error from the Globe & Mail:

Globe&Mail_Oops.jpg

Attachments

• Globe&Mail_Oops.jpg
    Globe&Mail_Oops.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 718
I had originally planned on going, but decided against it. I see it as akin to getting a selfie with him. The Fords and the media don't seem to be able to parse out the fact that most of the attention these guys get is from people who enjoy watching a trainwreck.

I can't imagine them filling the place, although I'm sure the FoBro's will claim that tens of thousands arrive. I actually picture this being a huge flop attendance-wise to be honest, just on a hunch.

Last edited:
I had originally planned on going, but decided against it. I see it as akin to getting a selfie with him. The Fords and the media don't seem to be able to parse out the fact that most of the attention these guys get is from people who enjoy watching a trainwreck.

I can't imagine them filling the place, although I'm sure the FoBro's will claim that tens of thousands arrive. I actually picture this being a huge flop attendance-wise to be honest, just on a hunch.

Watching those kiddies dive into the gutters for candy-canes and chocolate Easter eggs, must have triggered a Pavlovian response in me thinking of the tonight's free burgers!

Its actually the illiterate and innumerate NASCAR type fan-base watching.

I actually picture this being a huge flop attendance-wise to be honest, just on a hunch.

I would be soooo happy if that place ends up being only half full. So happy. Doug would have a hard time arguing with the pictures of empty chairs. Oh, please let it be. Please.

some singer who recorded this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVl9VezmeE

ETA Warning - do not eat anything while watching and if you have to pee, you might wanna do that beforehand...

Thanks for the warning! I'm sure I would have peed my pants if I hadn't gone beforehand lol. I suspect this will be played tonight. I'd go but just the thought of Ford makes me want to vomit. In person might induce me to actually do so.

Last edited:
Not surprisingly, TPFFA is not amused:

Mayor's Fire Truck Campaign Tasteless: Fire Fighters

Thursday April 17, 2014

Rob Ford Exchanges Public Safety for a cheap political stunt

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 17, 2014

TORONTO – Mayor Rob Ford's decision to use a fire truck to trumpet his false claims about taxpayer savings Thursday is a slap in the face to tens of thousands of Toronto residents whose fire protection levels will decrease Monday when four actual fire trucks are taken out of service, says the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters Association.

More in Press Release

I can hear Doug now...

"30 000 people showed up just to hear Rob Speak. The people love this guy, they know he's saved them a billion dollars, they know his track record speaks for itself!"

some singer who recorded this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVl9VezmeE

ETA Warning - do not eat anything while watching and if you have to pee, you might wanna do that beforehand...
It's a good thing there are subtitles, otherwise I'd have no idea what she was singing

This comment pretty much sums it up:
God, is everybody in Toronto high on crack? How else to explain this video?
OY VAY, my head and ears hurt!

I'm sorry I added a view count to that horror.

No, I'm not attending this rally, but I will be compiling a list of every group of voters the Fords disrespect tonight.
1. Firefighters

BenSpurr 4:19pm via TweetDeck
Head of firefighter's union: "Ford’s decision to use a fire truck to trumpet his false claims about taxpayer savings is a slap in the face"

Not surprisingly, TPFFA is not amused:

Thursday April 17, 2014

Rob Ford Exchanges Public Safety for a cheap political stunt

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 17, 2014

TORONTO – Mayor Rob Ford's decision to use a fire truck to trumpet his false claims about taxpayer savings Thursday is a slap in the face to tens of thousands of Toronto residents whose fire protection levels will decrease Monday when four actual fire trucks are taken out of service, says the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters Association.

More in Press Release
Interesting, I couldn't see anything when I clicked on that link -- you need to sign in. But when I clicked on reply with quote, it showed up in the quote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back