332     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 438     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind the school is going to get it just as bad as Ford, particularly as they completely ran roughshod over the "employee" definition to keep this out of the papers. Disgusting. I would pull my kid out of that school...

We are talking about organized catholicism here. They hid/dismissed pedophiliacs for *decades*, tried to hide millions of dollars so compensation victims couldn't get as much, and still have barely accepted any culpability. They tend to seem more interested in saving their own asses than anything else.

A source who knows what's in the docs described them as "pretty strong", whatever that means.

Not that I doubt it, but "pretty strong" is in the eye of the beholder. The speculative mind who doesn't know will always go to the worst place, meaning anything less will seem underwhelming, even though it's probably awful in its own right.

I still don't think it might be anything particularly worse than we already know. If he has the option to appeal and keep this out of the press forever, helping his election chances, why not take it? The gamble is that the info will now appear closer to the election.

The optics of him hiding yet something else runs in contravention to the "I have nothing to hide" shtick.

The optics of him hiding yet something else runs in contravention to the "I have nothing to hide" shtick.

Ford lies so much, so easily, with so few consequences, it doesn't matter, and won't cause him to lose any more supporters than he has already.

Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 12.32.59 PM.jpg

Thank goodness they have put the postal code back in; however else would one be able to find it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 12.32.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 12.32.59 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 800
Without being nfitzy about it, I always thought there was a lot of casual racism in Ford's constant characterization of his players as fatherless boys who would be gangbanger street punks if not for him. Perhaps a few letters from parents and teachers calling him on this could seem a "pretty strong" repudiation of the Coach Ford myth. Especially now that we know chances are good that Ford brought them into contact with dodgy criminal characters.

We are talking about organized catholicism here. They hid/dismissed pedophiliacs for *decades*, tried to hide millions of dollars so compensation victims couldn't get as much, and still have barely accepted any culpability. They tend to seem more interested in saving their own asses than anything else.

Forget "decades"....that nonsense has been going on since catholicism was invented by Constantine in the 4th century.

Without being nfitzy about it, I always thought there was a lot of casual racism in Ford's constant characterization of his players as fatherless boys who would be gangbanger street punks if not for him. Perhaps a few letters from parents and teachers calling him on this could seem a "pretty strong" repudiation of the Coach Ford myth. Especially now that we know chances are good that Ford brought them into contact with dodgy criminal characters.

Nah. They'd just be characterized as ungrateful minorities. It wouldn't hurt Ford's support at all.

I think JimmiT's source is a cop, not a Church Lady. On a scale of being an insensitive asshole to gangbangs with dead hookers, pretty strong sounds more along the lines of illegal stuff with the players. The easy guess could be drug dealing. Maybe the Rat was involved?

A possibility to be observed.

Yah, "I'm not a crook" and "Read my lips, no new taxes" come to mind.

It's all about divisions, and using them to your own advantage.

I'd like to think the documents contain confirmation of the Star's football story that launched the Ford's anti-Star vendetta. It's a little thing, bu it would be sweet.

I think JimmiT's source is a cop, not a Church Lady. On a scale of being an insensitive asshole to gangbangs with dead hookers, pretty strong sounds more along the lines of illegal stuff with the players. The easy guess could be drug dealing. Maybe the Rat was involved?

Maybe the cops have had a peak at this information and this is where they came up with their "akin to drug dealing" narrative...

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat 1h
Invite to Mayor Rob Ford's campaign launch Thursday night promises the first 1,000 people will get a free Ford Nation T-shirt & flag #TOpoli

Hmmm.... what does it mean when people give you free stuff for attention?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back