189     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 471     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 592     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'undelegate' decision was 40:2 or 39:3 (I forget which). How many people do we figure are going to run in those 39 or 40 wards who would think that being endorsed by the Fords is a ticket to office?

Mikey, ... yeah, that's one, eh ... and then there's, um ....

Last edited:
So, I got my robocall from RoFo 5 min ago. I pressed "3" to indicate I'd go and then the call went on about voting intentions. Again I pressed "3" to indicate I'd vote for him!! So now I'm in RoFo's database as someone who'd attend the kickoff and park my vote with him come Oct!! LOL!!

I suggest everyone who gets the call to do the same. Just our little bit to feed their sense of self confidence!

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.53.46 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.53.06 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.53.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.53.46 PM.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 795
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.53.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.53.06 PM.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 788
416-477-2751

Be forewarned. Do what you will.

416-477-2751

Be forewarned. Do what you will.

This is the number the Robocalls are coming from? I do think it's a good idea to say you're going to the event but not to say you're going to vote for him, if those are both options. I don't want them saying they've done their own poll and that a high percentage are voting for Ford.

I'm feeling left out, I'm a dinosaur with a land line and no call from Rob tonight. Oh well, there's always tomorrow:D

Rogue, right? You meant 'rogue'? If rogue is the intended meaning, why would it be so? Why would council be 'rogue'? The system, ultimately council supremacy, is what it is. And within that, they will do what they will. With all legitimacy. The super-numerant plurality blast that Ford could hold over the heads of council in 2010 is decidedly done. His exposed proclivities have put paid to that.

Yeah, well. If A delegates to B the ability to exercise a power that A has and A then decides to cancel the delegation, that is not 'usurpation" of B's power. The whole point of B's power having being delegated to B by A is that it is not B's power in the first place, and so it cannot be 'usurped' by A (since it was not B's power to begin with). It is merely a matter of A deciding not to delegate that power to B any longer.

'Rouge" [rogue], not to mention "civil war" ("you have just invaded Kuwait") suggests that one may be dealing here with a true believer -i.e., that if Ford were to be reelected that would be a referendum on forgiving his dishonesty, etc.

At the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada, TPS Deputy Chief Sloly was asked about the Mayor and Brazen II:

Paisley Rae ‏@paisleyrae 1h
"Why have you guys have walked away from this?" Sloly: my answer is short. 1st investigation, Crown consulted, it's before courts.

Sloly: Brazen 2 is ongoing. There was some misinfo from OPP. Can't comment on ongoing investigation. Top investigator still on it.

Sloly: until that matter goes before the courts, I cannot comment on it. But investigators have our full support.

'Rouge" [rogue], not to mention "civil war" ("you have just invaded Kuwait") suggests that one may be dealing here with a true believer -i.e., that if Ford were to be reelected that would be a referendum on forgiving his dishonesty, etc.

Certainly, if it happens, it will be framed as such. "It doesn't have to true, it only has to be plausible".

Yeah, well. If A delegates to B the ability to exercise a power that A has and A then decides to cancel the delegation, that is not 'usurpation" of B's power. The whole point of B's power having being delegated to B by A is that it is not B's power in the first place, and so it cannot be 'usurped' by A (since it was not B's power to begin with). It is merely a matter of A deciding not to delegate that power to B any longer.

Sorry, who's on first? Is 'A' Ford, or Council?

My original point was in agreement (I think) with you. Council has 'been there, done that'. They'll likely 'go there, do that' again. As is their right until such and superior changes are made to the CoTA. Given that more of the incumbent 'left' are standing for re-election than the 'right', and a generally low tolerance for Ford at a Ward level, one suspects it could happen right out of the gate should Ford be re-elected. So, yeah, goin' rouge.

It's true. Dofo's rictus grin is reminiscent of nothing so much as Lon Chaney as the original silent movie version of the Phantom of the Opera. He's about as cute and cuddly as a rattlesnake. Yikes.

And then there's the notion of Rob as Lon Chaney *Jr*, as per Of Mice & Men (which way did he go, George, which way did he go)

At the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada, TPS Deputy Chief Sloly was asked about the Mayor and Brazen II:

Sloly: Brazen 2 is ongoing. There was some misinfo from OPP. Can't comment on ongoing investigation. Top investigator still on it.

Huh. Interesting, thanks for posting. Has anyone from the TPS phrased it that way, before?

I don't think anyone's specifically called it "misinformation" yet, but that seemed to be the gist of what Giroux's reaction to all the media furor was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back