415     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 532     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there's the notion of Rob as Lon Chaney *Jr*, as per Of Mice & Men (which way did he go, George, which way did he go)

Or maybe along the lines of The Wolf Man, that would explain the drunken stupors, and howling at the moon. :)

Why not both? Perhaps Lisi habitually talks out of his ass when threatening people, or perhaps he had insight into the heat about to descend on the community, and wanted it to appear to his leverage. When the wiretaps caught references to RoFo knowing a couple of dirty cops, and others, presumably the suited guys with both muscle and briefcases full of cash, I find that plausible.

I'm almost certain that the pro-Ford TPS dirty cop rumour is true. The 15 Windsor Pipe attack turns out to have been a collapsable baton. Brazen 2 is setup outside of Etobicoke police channels by Blair, where it coincidentally gets the same name as an already running Scarborough gang investigation. Seems setup not just to hunt a target like Ford, but potentially targets within the ranks.

My personal opinion, and I could be wrong, is that "folks" are shocked and appalled by Ford's behavior. But, if he promises to save them a dollar on their taxes - and they are gullible enough to believe him - he'll get their vote.

Likewise, I doubt that taking a pass on the gay pride parade will cost him many votes, and may even get him a few.

If and when TPS ever charges him, I doubt that will cost him many votes either. Unless the charge is something like this:
https://twitter.com/MetroManTO/status/449027937010855936

Like I said, that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

No doubt you're right about some "folks", but I hope (and hope that you hope) you're wrong about most "folks". I can't live with the idea that most T.O. voters (a) can be bribed by $0.16/day, or whatever can so far be attributed to tax and fee changes that Rob Ford made happen; (b) have totally fallen for the fiscal BS re subways, subways, subways; or (c) care so much about the chump change of (a) and/or fraud of (b) that they think it's A-OK for the mayor to make life harder for the funny kid next door or the aging male/male or female/female couple down the street.

No doubt you're right about some "folks", but I hope (and hope that you hope) you're wrong about most "folks". I can't live with the idea that most T.O. voters (a) can be bribed by $0.16/day, or whatever can so far be attributed to tax and fee changes that Rob Ford made happen; (b) have totally fallen for the fiscal BS re subways, subways, subways; or (c) care so much about the chump change of (a) and/or fraud of (b) that they think it's A-OK for the mayor to make life harder for the funny kid next door or the aging male/male or female/female couple down the street.

"$0.16/day, folks, $0.16/day. We're getting $0.16/day!"

I'm almost certain that the pro-Ford TPS dirty cop rumour is true. The 15 Windsor Pipe attack turns out to have been a collapsable baton. Brazen 2 is setup outside of Etobicoke police channels by Blair, where it coincidentally gets the same name as an already running Scarborough gang investigation. Seems setup not just to hunt a target like Ford, but potentially targets within the ranks.

you realize anyone can buy collapsible batons from security/police stores.....

http://www.gorillasurplus.com/Batons-Nighsticks-s/136.htm
http://www.securitysupplystore.ca/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=9

Gee, an honest spelling error "rouge" rather than "rogue" (considering I don't use spellcheck or autocorrect) or simple turn of phrase "civil war" makes you suspect a "true believer" ...Do you hear footsteps are there shadows around the corner? No, I'm not a "true believer" far from it...however Pud99 and Hper I think the whole discussion becomes moot if in fact R Ford is reelected no matter what the plurality....What it says there is acceptance by the electorate of R Ford's foibles and flaws and woe to Council should they decide to restrain R Ford's powers 2014 to 2018 using the same method as previous unless and of course some greater misdeed comes to light...

"$0.16/day, folks, $0.16/day. We're getting $0.16/day!"

Yes, exactly, that attitude, which I know you're caricaturing, but I am nevertheless afraid might actually exist outside of Doug Ford's skull, plus the attitude of it's-good-if-life-is-worse-for-those-people-I-don't-understand, are the things that will make me ill if Rob Ford's political career is not utterly annihilated in the 2014 election.

I was thinking more of a peaceful resistance like the sit-in. Any effort to disrupt would surely result in ejection.

Best place to protest a mayor is NPS and City Hall.

Just asking for trouble going into a Ford Nation pep rally. You would be waaay outnumbered, and many appear ( to me ) fanatical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back