News   Jul 16, 2024
 727     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tweets that Rob Ford was at a temple for Tamil New Year tonight
https://twitter.com/dreamchaser_xo/status/455515346141593600

@Gowthamragu15 · 4h ago
Rob Ford at the temple for tamil new year lol. Trying too hard to get our votes.

@saayee97 3h
Lol Rob Ford was at Varasithi for tamil new year

no selfies though, so maybe that's progress? :p

Ah short memory, per the Sun:

But Councillor Rob Ford was far more critical of the protesters' actions, what he called "hoodlumism".

"Enough is enough. If I was mayor, they would have been immediately removed from the Gardiner," he said, noting the parents who took their children on the Gardiner yesterday should be punished and have Children's Aid investigate. "We can't have this bleeding heart approach anymore because people's and kids' lives are in danger.

"I know if I brought my kid on the Gardiner, I'd be arrested and Children's Aid would take my kid."

For Ford, the Tamils should have to protest like everyone else, complete with city permits.

"If you want to protest, fine. Get a permit like everyone else does, go to Queen's Park, go to Downsview Park, go to Nathan Philips Square," he said. "We are not going to tolerate any more of this hoodlumism, as I call it."

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/05/12/9428786-sun.html

All this talk about CAS...hmm?

AoD

I don't know - we spend about 8 hours per day sleeping, about 8 hours per day working (at least 5 days per week) and about 8 hours per day doing everythign else that isn't sleeping or working. What were you thinking of that we spend around 8 hours per day doing?

It's not an activity he's referring to... it's a person. Rob Ford!

Question - does Jimmy realize that RoFo has a serious chance of winning re-election and his tacit support is enablement? Or does he just not care because for him its ratings and he doesn't have to live under RoFo's stupidity - he's just a circus bear he can poke with fear of repercussion.

Kimmel I'd bet thinks Ford is ridiculous and the tv host probably can't believe his good fortune that he has stumbled upon someone he can make fun who just keeps coming back for more. There is zero chance he actually thinks his success relies on Ford getting re-elected. He's just having fun with a buffoon.

It's true. Dofo's rictus grin is reminiscent of nothing so much as Lon Chaney as the original silent movie version of the Phantom of the Opera. He's about as cute and cuddly as a rattlesnake. Yikes.

Meanwhile, just what does Jimmy Kimmel think he's doing by appearing on the Fords' cheap, shitty little Youtube amateur-hour? I actually thought he'd handled Ford reasonably well when Rofo dropped by his talk show. There was just the right amount of compassion mixed in so it didn't look like he was bullying Ford while making him look like the substance-addled freakshow/trainwreck that he is. But this is far too much like enabling the two crooks, even if that isn't the intention. They're fringe figures, and Kimmel should have dumped anything further in the way of direct contact with them after the rather questionable coup of getting the malevolent oaf to appear on his show.

Kimmel I'd bet thinks Ford is ridiculous and the tv host probably can't believe his good fortune that he has stumbled upon someone he can make fun who just keeps coming back for more. There is zero chance he actually thinks his success relies on Ford getting re-elected. He's just having fun with a buffoon.

I agree. Problem is, last laugh is on the city that elected him.

Remembering President Clinton's recent comments not so much about Ford, but about how his opinion about us had changed.

Last edited:
Did I miss something? Someone mentioned Kevin O'Leary above. Has he thrown his support behind Rob Ford? Unbelievable. Or not. Those two SOB's-in-a-pod deserve each other.

I ask myself this all the time! Plus, political careers have ended based on a small fraction of the stuff this guy's done. And yet he carries on like nothing's happened haha.

What I noticed about the video is that he seems proud of himself, for lack of a better word. He's not ashamed at all, and if anything, revels in the attention his behaviour has brought him.

There is absolutely zero incentive for him to change his habits, because he doesn't see them personally as a problem, and he sees any attention from media or talk show hosts as positive.

I felt like I was watching a 9 year old in that video.

Did I miss something? Someone mentioned Kevin O'Leary above. Has he thrown his support behind Rob Ford? Unbelievable. Or not. Those two SOB's-in-a-pod deserve each other.

All you need to do is ask KO to go on a show with Rofodogo and see how it turns out.

It's best to stare a little off-camera. Teleprompters are right above the camera, so your gaze isn't straight into the lens... but also because physically how else would you do it ... but you should address the audience i.e. look into the camera-ish if the viewers are your audience... if you are playing a character obv you look at what makes sense in the scene...

I don't know why this is an issue, surely *everything else* about this video is worse than their poor practice.

Teleprompters are almost always displayed right in front of the camera lens, via 2-way mirror or glass.

http://theunofficialvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/teleprompter1.jpg

EDIT: Okay, so I was beaten to it a ways back.

Last edited:
Off-topic (or is it? we're in such a huge lull I wouldn't say we have one) but I just want to shout out to the http://www.robfordfacts.ca/ site. The writing is just so perfect in tone. Clear, funny, dismissive of Ford's bullshit but not mean, pitched to an "everyperson" audience but not dumbed down. A fantastic resource that I hope gets shared with increasing frequency.

And no, I'm not affiliated thx for asking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back