667     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 593     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean? Stare with crazy eyes at the camera to make every viewer uncomfortable? It's official, booze and drugs have picked their brains.

Ok, think about it, you are the host of a program, you talk to the audience as you would talk to someone in front of you; don't stare, as Dougie does with that Lon Chaney smile. This is why you inset a Skype call, and set up a monitor to show your guest to the host while they are keeping your sightline.

Have you ever watched a news program without an in news room guest?

It's best to stare a little off-camera. Teleprompters are right above the camera, so your gaze isn't straight into the lens... but also because physically how else would you do it ... but you should address the audience i.e. look into the camera-ish if the viewers are your audience... if you are playing a character obv you look at what makes sense in the scene...

I don't know why this is an issue, surely *everything else* about this video is worse than their poor practice.

Some tweets that Rob Ford was at a temple for Tamil New Year tonight
https://twitter.com/dreamchaser_xo/status/455515346141593600

@Gowthamragu15 · 4h ago
Rob Ford at the temple for tamil new year lol. Trying too hard to get our votes.

@saayee97 3h
Lol Rob Ford was at Varasithi for tamil new year

no selfies though, so maybe that's progress? :p

tamils were a strong voting block for him in 2010.

they even ran an anti-gay radio ad against smitherman.

I'm having trouble sleeping...KPMG, Mario Cortellucci and Gordon Walker, Frank D'Angelo and Forget About It! plus Cheetah Power Surge, Sgt. Michael Rutigliano, Domenic Basile, Patrick Dovigi and GFL, Romeo DiBattista and Keele North Recycling, Neil Forester and The Substance Entertainment Group and MMA, Rick Smiciklas and Passionplay Media and MMA, Zlatko Starkovski and Muzik plus FordFest.

It is believed Frank D'Angelo has been laundering the $15 million defrauded from Bombardier through his company "Cheetah Power Drinks", his music business, his restaurant "Forget About It" and other companies he runs. Frank D'Angelo spends way more on advertising than he actually makes in profits, leading investigators to believe D'Angelo is laundering the money through advertising.
-From the Wayback Machine.

It is quite a three pipe problem...

Last edited:
It's best to stare a little off-camera. Teleprompters are right above the camera, so your gaze isn't straight into the lens... but also because physically how else would you do it ...

News teleprompters are right in front of the camera lens. The camera shoots through a 45* pane of glass that shows a reflection of the text.

I ask myself this all the time! Plus, political careers have ended based on a small fraction of the stuff this guy's done. And yet he carries on like nothing's happened haha.

It's Rob Ford's world. We're just living in it.

Question - does Jimmy realize that RoFo has a serious chance of winning re-election and his tacit support is enablement? Or does he just not care because for him its ratings and he doesn't have to live under RoFo's stupidity - he's just a circus bear he can poke with fear of repercussion.

It's Rob Ford's world. We're just living in it.

Question - does Jimmy realize that RoFo has a serious chance of winning re-election and his tacit support is enablement? Or does he just not care because for him its ratings and he doesn't have to live under RoFo's stupidity - he's just a circus bear he can poke with fear of repercussion.

Funny you should mention that, this is from David Hains' recap:

"Doug asks Jimmy a question. “You know that the future of Jimmy Kimmel Live! relies on Rob Ford getting re-elected.” Jimmy nods solemnly. He understands the stakes. “So my question is: When are you going to get your backside up here to save your job and start door-knocking to make sure this guy keeps you going every single night?” This would mean Rob Ford’s campaign team would consist of Jimmy Kimmel, Doug Ford, Ben Johnson, and Sam from Trailer Park Boys. Add Frank D’Angelo, Kenny Hotz, and Kevin O’Leary, and there would be no stopping these guys."

"

Dude(ette), "what do you do?" is literally the most commonly asked question in Toronto. Hung out last night with a few people and this one girl from California, and the first thing people asked her was "oh, what do you do?". I mentioned how that's "so Toronto" and she's like "yeah! Everyone here cares so much about that!" (paraphrasing). We are so career-focused in Toronto. No one asks "what do you do for fun" or "what kind of music do you like" as an opener.

I tend to think that it's because we spend more time at work than we do on any other single activity except maybe sleep.

I can think of at least one notable exception to that rule.

I don't know - we spend about 8 hours per day sleeping, about 8 hours per day working (at least 5 days per week) and about 8 hours per day doing everythign else that isn't sleeping or working. What were you thinking of that we spend around 8 hours per day doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back