468     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 620     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 575     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford's buddy Frank D'Angelo is a failed apple juice maker turned failed beer baron turned failed Italian food peddler turned failed Cheetah energy drink pitchman turned failed gangster film actor turned access-tv host turned ... pop star.

Prepare to cringe.

[video=youtube;_2XjV9J5KVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XjV9J5KVE[/video]

After Rob and Doug, D'Angelo is the biggest creep in the city. Maybe bigger, given what he was on trial for.

All's quiet on the western front. CP24 car here but street's empty. Escalade not in driveway.

Which begs the question. 10:30 at night, everyone except us and #topoli is getting ready to sleep yet the escalade has left the driveway. Where is he?

Sure, some humour is good.
But some people are too gross, crude, and sexist, with seemingly no social skills.
There are all kinds of people who read and post in this thread. This is not 4chan or reddit.
People should post as if their grandmother/father was going to read it.....some of us might actually be grandparents.
Being inclusive and sensitive to others could be what defines us as the antithesis to Ford. So, while inclusivity may require that some do not post crude musings about alcoholism and bodily functions etc., it will also allow many other people feel like they have a place at the table.

I can get behind this as well...

Happy medium?

Sure, some humour is good.
But some people are too gross, crude, and sexist, with seemingly no social skills.
There are all kinds of people who read and post in this thread. This is not 4chan or reddit.
People should post as if their grandmother/father was going to read it.....some of us might actually be grandparents.
Being inclusive and sensitive to others could be what defines us as the antithesis to Ford. So, while inclusivity may require that some do not post crude musings about alcoholism and bodily functions etc., it will also allow many other people feel like they have a place at the table.

This is one of the points that keeps coming up in my head: Don't let's go to the dogs tonight, because that's where the Fords are lurking. Our intelligence, humanity, compassion, insight, logic, wit, etc. are but some of the traits that set this group apart from (and dare i say above) other groups. Bit more importantly these things what most clearly demarcates us from all things Ford.

So let's try not to give in and go there, but still let's allow the occasional awesome lice pun :D

I still continue to believe that the Star has only reported a fraction of what it knows.

agreed. kevin donovan said as much in his interview last week with ann rohmer on CP24. in wrapping up, he remarked that -- to wit -- there is a lot more to this story, details to which the general public is not yet privy.

Last edited:
I am sure this wasn't a hacking. If it was, then the hacker would have done something far worse than a Krista Ford date.

Either they really did plan on having Krista go on a date (and then changed their mind), or someone legitimately linked to the site posted this. But even if the second scenario was the case, I would still think that if they were going to go "rogue", they would have done something much worse.

This is one of the points that keeps coming up in my head: Don't let's go to the dogs tonight, because that's where the Fords are lurking. Our intelligence, humanity, compassion, insight, logic, wit, etc. are but some of the traits that set this group apart from (and dare i say above) other groups. Bit more importantly these things what most clearly demarcates us from all things Ford.

So let's try not to give in and go there, but still let's allow the occasional awesome lice pun :D

While I agree that we can all be more considerate of each other here, the sad fact is that much of this crude "material" has been provided by the Ford brothers themselves. Some of it may offend your sensibilities, as it has offended me, but we are dealing with serious subjects like corruption, addiction, criminality, severe family dysfunction, and untreated mental illness. In fact, these subjects make everyone a little uncomfortable and so if some of us fall back on bad jokes and puns, don't judge us. We call this place home. We're here to shed a little light on a dark moment in Toronto's history and trying to make sense of it any way we can.

While I agree that we can all be more considerate of each other here, the sad fact is that much of this crude "material" has been provided by the Ford brothers themselves. Some of it may offend your sensibilities, as it has offended me, but we are dealing with serious subjects like corruption, addiction, criminality, severe family dysfunction, and untreated mental illness. In fact, these subjects make everyone a little uncomfortable and so if some of us fall back on bad jokes and puns, don't judge us. We call this place home. We're here to shed a little light on a dark moment in Toronto's history and trying to make sense of it any way we can.

I feel like this might be a cop out for some people's actions. We can report on Ford's shenanigans without adopting his outlook on life. Just because Ford treats his wife terribly does not make it ok for someone here to post something that is offensive to all women in general. If this saga can teach us anything, it is have some insight into ourselves, and yes, think "What would Ford do?" and then do the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back