News   Jul 15, 2024
 602     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Wilson ‏@kvonbling 9m
Is something up? #topoli

The Collywobbles ‏@Collyw0bbles 4m
@kvonbling @itsgottobegood Someone saying "TONS" of cop cars at Ford's place ...

Kevin Wilson @kvonbling 3m
@Collyw0bbles @itsgottobegood any substance to it? Anyone checking it out?

Ok Folks.... I have been reading a lot about your Mayoral race, and I can conclude that most Torontonians on this forum do not want Ford re-elected.
That's fine with me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But what's really shocking to me is the amount of HATRED people spew on this forum against Rob Ford.

People have taken it so personal as if Rob Fords drinks to their stomach or smoke through their lungs. I do not condone some things he does like appearing on Jimmy kimmel and his public drunkings..
That said, I can assure you that if all the Mayoral Candidates had 24 Hour scrutiny, we would find lots of imperfections among them as well.

As a black person who go through constant racial profiling in my daily life, I find it tough to read all the hatred nonsense here on this forum because I can imagine what he is going through.
When are we going to stop all these unwaranted hatred and bigotry in society? When are we going to work hard for love for everyone irespective of their race, ethnicity or sexual orientation?

If you don't want to vote for him, just wait to cast your vote for your alternative on election day, no one is perfect and that include all Rob Ford Haters.
And remember, he was not elected to be a pastor....

That's just it… Rob Ford stands for unwarranted hatred and bigotry. That's practically his slogan. "ROB FORD: hatred and bigotry." We can't simply rise above it and take the high ground or something. He's the mayor. Every day he's out there, representing us in the worst way possible. Everyone here is hoping he makes the fatal (figuratively) slip up that unseats him. We want it so bad that we're on here every day talking about it. That pretty much sums it up.

He has made more than one attempt to be a tv or singing star. The first I remember was just some clips of him singing at some outdoor concert. I think it was for some charity and/or later on just to promote his CD. He's also done some infomercial in a talk show (a la Mike Bullard) format as well as a product pitch of some sort. I can't remember the details because I usually switch the channel when I see him, but I wondered who this mafia-lookin' dude was paying for his own air time. He's not a fixture that I am aware in any real music (or tv) circles unless I fell asleep somewhere down the line. He's hard to forget with his Jersey-Shore vibe.

He did a memorably bad halftime show for the Argos I had the (mis)fortune to witness. He has the money to surround himself with the best session players in town so they sounded great, but he was amateur hour.

Will Vojtisek ‏@WillontheRadio 16m
@CP24 I live down the street from Rob Ford's house - TONS of cop cars there.. what is going on? #TOpoli

Will Vojtisek ‏@WillontheRadio 1m
@ryanfeeley Driving on my way home. 4 cop cars. 2 cops outside. No lights on. Will be walking my dog back up the street in a bit if allowed

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/453573043697487872

Donating 10,000 eggs.

BktqR0nIAAEbi_t.jpg

The real reason the Easter Parade organizers didn't want politicians in the parade, they didn't want the streetcars that will be in the Easter Parade to become a target.

From this Facebook link:

We are happy to announce that the new streetcar will be in the Beaches Easter Parade along with its predecessors the Peter Witt, PCC and CLRV.

2012409-Beaches-Easter-Parade-2012-5920.jpg

This time with:
urbantoronto-8324-27223.png

First time poster here...crack apparently has a distinct rubber smell when burnt...according to my google searches anyways.

I can tell you first-hand that it does!

But I don't know why it would smell like that all the way down at the rotunda. That sounds like something that was carried through the HVAC system. Maybe crack from his office, who knows... But realistically we don't have much here.

But until then, can't we have some fun?
It's not fun to many of the readers and posters here to have to constantly scroll past stupid pictures with captions that really aren't funny, to see off-topic discussions and lengthy in jokes go on for page after page. And now, we see crude jokes about Mrs Ford in a thread that is supposed to be a discussion about Mayor Ford's Toronto.

[rant]It's worse than trolling, to me. It's disrepectful of one's fellow UT members. It's selfish. It's self-obssessed behaviour. Some of the people are new and some are long time members who seem to feel that filling the page obsessively with post after post is more important than having any relevant content. The number of posts one has written is no indication of the quality of that poster's contribution.

Even when "stuff starts to happen" these posts continue blithely on, interrupting the flow of discussion and information. The thread has really deteriorated and moderation seems to have been abandoned. More than a dozen members have posted concerns in recent days yet these stupid frat boy comments, photos, memes and video clips keep on comin'.

Grow up. Some of you (and I don't mean the trolls) sound just like the idiots that support Ford. You're demonstrating -- whenever you're bored -- crudeness, juvenile and disruptive comments, and a disregard of the thread's topic and the attempts of others to stay on topic in respectful and collegial discussion.

And I don't want to hear any retort that I don't have the right to criticize when I'be only got 40+ posts. That's the whole point. Mine are all relevant to the forum topic. I don't just post the first thing that pops into my head and say "look at me! look at me!" [/rant]

Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back