694     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 869     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 624     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
D'Angelo's show is actually paid programming. Time to crowd source the return of Red Green to bump the bum off CHCH.
He has made more than one attempt to be a tv or singing star. The first I remember was just some clips of him singing at some outdoor concert. I think it was for some charity and/or later on just to promote his CD. He's also done some infomercial in a talk show (a la Mike Bullard) format as well as a product pitch of some sort. I can't remember the details because I usually switch the channel when I see him, but I wondered who this mafia-lookin' dude was paying for his own air time. He's not a fixture that I am aware in any real music (or tv) circles unless I fell asleep somewhere down the line. He's hard to forget with his Jersey-Shore vibe.

It's rather funny that Ben Johnson has joined the Ford team. He never made a successful comeback after his drug scandal. A premonition, perhaps?

Ahem...I believe there is a horse who raced against Mr. Johnson in the Charlottetown mud in the early nineties who would beg to defer* with you. Several dozen spectators, too.

*intentional, for clarity.

He has made more than one attempt to be a tv or singing star. The first I remember was just some clips of him singing at some outdoor concert. I think it was for some charity and/or later on just to promote his CD. He's also done some infomercial in a talk show (a la Mike Bullard) format as well as a product pitch of some sort. I can't remember the details because I usually switch the channel when I see him, but I wondered who this mafia-lookin' dude was paying for his own air time. He's not a fixture that I am aware in any real music (or tv) circles unless I fell asleep somewhere down the line. He's hard to forget with his Jersey-Shore vibe.

Who can forget that commercial of him playing goal against Phil Esposito and some other old timers. I wish I could.

Last edited:
Strictly an aside here, examining the photos online re. the campaign and all, well Ford really looks like hell these days -- he looks tired and about to explode. If he had an ounce of brain, he'd get out while he can -- Ford "private citizen" would be able to go on all the benders he wishes, and then some.

Frank D'Angelo is insane.

Also no stranger to the justice system. He was acquitted on a technicality in 2009 of sexually assaulting a 20 year old in a hotel room. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ty-of-sexual-assault-but-acquits-him-1.830045

I considered posting that too but thought the music video was treacherous enough. He really thinks he's Sinatra or something. What an ego.

Last edited:
The man who is responsible for bringing Ford and Johnson together is Neil Forester.

The name of Mr. Forester's promotion company?

The Substance Group.

Seriously.

Good Lord, is that Frank D'Angelo? This meatball who can afford to buy himself a music video? I've always wondered who he was. He's a blight on late night cable TV.

Er, please tell me that "Frank D'Angelo song" is not the extent if your Googling of this man. If so, I'll just redirect to the speculated-in-this-thread notion that he and Ford may have crossed paths, given their coincident geography, extracurricular activities, temporal existence, and potentially mating habits and interactions with the criminal justice system.

It's early April whilst the election is in late October. In my world, the papers would back off with RoFo and DoFo until October 1. The Frauds hate the press anyway. Can you imagine RoFo and DoFo imploding while only the other candidates, i.e. all the elite, garner publicity, but none of that for the Frauds? It could work for us anti-Fraud types.

But the papers love that income these Etobicoke yokels bring. Plus, the sappy American news outlets would fill the void anyway … darn!

Back to what went down at City Hall just now.

One minute Rob was in his office and there was a strange smell, then the next tweet was about him getting into a cab.

There is a gap here and I am very curious, specifically:

1. Did anyone catch Robbie leaving his office?
2. Was anyone with him
3. Did he look/act like he was drunk or high?
4. Who called the cab? I can't imagine it'd be Robbie himself.

Hopefully JG and DD will flesh out the details tomorrow.

In the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised if they're heading down to Muzik!:)

If we hadn't been on twitter or here, would we have heard a word about Ford going back to City Hall where there was a burning smell? I wonder if the Star is pursuing this because they haven't said a word about it. Burning smells in what should have been an empty building with 1 mayor, a security guard and 2 media people who arrived on the scene afterward are very suspicious.

Just going by the posts here Saturday night/early Sunday morning such as first post quoted above yours.

YES.

Also, Kat, I'm very sorry for your loss, my condolences.

thanks.

For the record, I don't really mind the odd bit off comedy/satire. And let's face it: cat pics are awesome! :D

But sometimes it seems like people are just spamming the thread because they're bored. I guess everyone has a different interpretation of how much is too much, but if you're that bored/frustrated, maybe you should shut down your electronic device and go outside or something. It's spring (allegedly); get off your duff and move around! (And maybe you'll end up someplace where Ford is and you can get some incriminating pics :p ).

Better yet, call or go see someone you care about. You never know when it will be the last time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back