920     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great, insightful articles being written lately.
This one basically says society is doomed. :)
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...d-the-disappearance-of-truth/article17726385/
Rob Ford, Lindsay Lohan and the disappearance of truth
John Doyle
The Globe and Mail
Ford knows he can make outlandish claims about his achievements and avoid acknowledging his behaviour because the idea of accuracy in his story is redundant. Accuracy in general is fading.

People used to blame television for the dumbing down of news coverage. That was overstated. It’s the digital age that’s undermined everything. We are like medieval peasants in our personal newsgathering. And Lindsay Lohan and Rob Ford are part of the proof.

Speaking of accuracy, this story makes me wonder if Doug Ford wasn't lying about being contacted by Oprah.

Maybe had one last kick at the can at home last night, knowing the arrest is coming?

Or maybe he is having a breakdown because he actually believed he would never be caught, and is actually going to be arrested imminiently.

Or he is playing sick to push the arrest back for some reason?

Maybe had one last kick at the can at home last night, knowing the arrest is coming?

Or maybe he is having a breakdown because he actually believed he would never be caught, and is actually going to be arrested imminiently.

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I can't help hoping...

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV
Rob Ford's Escalade is still at his home. His driver is at city hall. Porter jets debate has begun.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3m
Ford chief of staff: Mayor "isn't feeling well," is "hoping he will be in for the afternoon session."

and from earlier:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8
Mayor Rob Ford still isn't here, an hour into the meeting. He's usually on time, or close, on council days.

What gives? This is supposed to be a pet issue for him, it's odd that he'd not show up.

Edit: G&M clearly thinks his not being there is newsworthy: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/ford/article17752908/

Anyone know Hotmail Lawyer's whereabouts?

Send a doctor to his house.

Better yet, call Dennis Morris (hotmaillayer) and see if you can set up an appointment for this afternoon for a pressing legal mater.

The Fords know about the Mayor Frod account. It was suspended due to a complaint (for impersonation) a few weeks ago. Huge outcry from Twitter and media picked the story up too. It's back now. As for Doug's daughters, they stay far removed from all of this. If you expect Doug's girls to take notice then your better be on Instagram.

Yes, the account was suspended but returned almost immediately changed to Mayor Crime Lord.

Do you know that a Ford, or someone working for a Ford, was the source of complaint?

Dimwits who have been sucked in by parody accounts have been known to complain about impersonation as a way to try to bury their embarrassment at being caught out as dimwitted (...anyone would have been fooled!!!).

I've only now gotten to yesterday's press coverage of RoFo's "attacks" on Councillors over expense claims, and am amused that Mammoliti was cited as the second biggest spender. And it got me to wondering, why is the Mayor's relationship to Mamms so fraught? I understand that Rob thinks he needs this strategy, but even before this the two, who seem to share some natural affinity through temperament behave so...hot and cold (?) to each other. I ask because I've wished Mamms gone from public life for his angry bluster and show-boating long before I was even aware of Ford. Thanks in advance for any information or speculation.

I can only guess it's because Mammoliti is the biggest, most craven opportunist in Toronto politics. He's hitched himself to the Ford wagon and in some sense needs their endorsement, but part of the time he is his own loose cannon.

Do you think this should have been rejected? Toronto Star didn't let it fly 'high'.
rob ford skeleton.jpg

Attachments

• rob ford skeleton.jpg
    rob ford skeleton.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 794
It makes me very angry. Just lost my dad last week to a sudden heart attack.
Why should they get to live?

Kat - This will appear pages after your post, but just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back