607     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 564     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 707     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true - if you search and follow a hashtag, you do have to sort through all kinds of random crap. That's why I rarely take that approach. For Ford news, I have built up a list of about 40 journalists and insiders that I follow for information and insight. Maybe the people with complaints about Twitter are doing the hashtag follow?
Oooooooh, who is on your list?

That is true - if you search and follow a hashtag, you do have to sort through all kinds of random crap. That's why I rarely take that approach. For Ford news, I have built up a list of about 40 journalists and insiders that I follow for information and insight. Maybe the people with complaints about Twitter are doing the hashtag follow?

Your list sounds good. Maybe there's room for a separate thread on UT (because, after all, most come back or interchange between here, Reddit and Twitter anyway, right?) for good Twitter follows. I had followed Pedro (MM) anyway in his photog handle, and lots of local journalists, but you never know what you might miss. But then again it might turn into a wash of gook totally irrelevant to 'Urban Toronto'. Still, Twitter mostly good for news and info.

Your list sounds good. Maybe there's room for a separate thread on UT (because, after all, most come back or interchange between here, Reddit and Twitter anyway, right?) for good Twitter follows. I had followed Pedro (MM) anyway in his photog handle, and lots of local journalists, but you never know what you might miss. But then again it might turn into a wash of gook totally irrelevant to 'Urban Toronto'. Still, Twitter mostly good for news and info.

Exactly. Doing it the way I do, I miss the random reports of Ford out at bars taking pictures with the barflies, but if there's anything of interest, someone inevitably posts it here, so it's all good.

Yes, with Lisi, during work hours, in public parks and also while driving.

My question is: isn't Gatorade orangy in colour, so why Purple Jesus?
Gatorade comes in a variety of flavours and colours

Back in the day, we made Purple Jesus in a large garbage can (lined with a clean garbage bag) with alcool and grape juice. Everyone just dipped in.

Gatorade comes in a variety of flavours and colours

Back in the day, we made Purple Jesus in a large garbage can (lined with a clean garbage bag) with alcool and grape juice. Everyone just dipped in.

Ah, okay, thanks. When I go into a store and see these banks and banks of sport/energy drinks my eyes just glaze over since I prefer just plain water. Like someone remarked earlier, amazing the things you learn on this forum!:)

If I could channel Ernie Kovacs for a moment, I might opine that Twitter is a medium because it is neither rare, nor well done. ;)

Everyone should channel Ernie Kovacs. And often. Frequently too. Perhaps the greatest experimenter/absurdist ever allowed on the public airwaves. Followed closely by Rob Ford.

[video=youtube;DoLTFQsFswM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLTFQsFswM[/video]

Now HERE is a topic that we could sink our teeth into.
:D

I personally think the Fords would be too low class and dumb ass to rise too high up in the ranks, if they were indeed allowed in.

Well, that's the thing about freemasonry that it doesn't discriminate among class or background....it's all loyalty nonetheless. Freemasons are at all levels of society...from judges, to mechanics (the one that I know of). So, rather than the protection being political, perhaps it's brotherly. Just a wild and out there thought.

It's a medium, yes.

It's the height of laziness and attention whoring. Nothing appears on Twitter that doesn't get published 15 minutes later. For every cell phone pic that is relevant there is endless amounts of bullshit and ego to shovel through. It's the bathroom mirror before the medication of the planet.

Umm... you're following the wrong people, or your friends are dicks. My Twitter feed does just fine, thanks.

Well, that's the thing about freemasonry that it doesn't discriminate among class or background....it's all loyalty nonetheless. Freemasons are at all levels of society...from judges, to mechanics (the one that I know of). So, rather than the protection being political, perhaps it's brotherly. Just a wild and out there thought.

The Masons kinda excluded Catholics for awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back