650     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what has been bugging me all along. A lot has been made of Doug and how successful was his reign at Deco. Seeing him in action for the past few years, I just can't see it.

I'm really tired of people considering D Ford something equivilent to Svengali when thinking Deco...He is a salesman with a title....My experience, dated as it maybe pointed to Randy Ford as the final decisionmaker...paraphasing here those I dealt with at Deco "Randy makes the final decisions" this after a question "Who do I talk to?"...

...or like real life. MM is MM, so you can believe him or not. Whether he tells you the info here or in person, or via email or on Twitter seems immaterial to me.
(If I saw random rumours on #TOpoli, that would be a "I only saw it on Twitter" thing, much as if I overheard someone on the street. But that's kind of the point...)

Exactly. Blame the messenger (or yourself for paying attention to the messenger), not the medium. I've seen Twitter get a bad rap on here over and over again, and it doesn't make sense to me. It's probably my favourite social media source.

I'm really tired of people considering D Ford something equivilent to Svengali when thinking Deco...He is a salesman with a title....My experience, dated as it maybe pointed to Randy Ford as the final decisionmaker...paraphasing here those I dealt with at Deco "Randy makes the final decisions" this after a question "Who do I talk to?"...

Very interesting! I didn't know that. Always thought Doug called the shots. Hmm........

Is anyone else kinda half-hoping Ford, with a severe case of sour grapes, breaks free of his handlers and appears at Liberty Grand to lob empty beer/vodka bottles at Garrison Ball attendees, only to be hauled off to whatever passes as the "drunk tank" these days?

FWIW, MetroMan has been doubling down rather than backing off his "imminent" claims.
Ivor Tossell tweeted that it was a slow news day, and MetroMan said, "Catch your breath ;)"

Then he tweeted that his phone is down to 9% and he hopes he doesn't miss anything.

Unless he's a troll (and I don't think he is), those are both rather provocative statements. Does it mean S**t's going down tonight? I don't know. But I guess I'm mentally in "any minute; nothing would surprise me," mode.

So now he's implying that something could happen in the time it takes his phone to charge?

This is just me, and probably says more about my frustration with the lack of an arrest as of yet, but I'm really starting to wish he'd deliver these messages with a little less hyperbole. I'd LOVE to be wrong about this, though.

Is anyone else kinda half-hoping Ford, with a severe case of sour grapes, breaks free of his handlers and appears at Liberty Grand to lob empty beer/vodka bottles at Garrison Ball attendees, only to be hauled off to whatever passes as the "drunk tank" these days?

Lol, yes, it crossed my mind. More likely scenario? He'll put in an appearance at Muzik tonight.

Uhh, guys, Twitter is a medium. It is only as good as the particular user. Just like UT.
It's a medium, yes.

It's the height of laziness and attention whoring. Nothing appears on Twitter that doesn't get published 15 minutes later. For every cell phone pic that is relevant there is endless amounts of bullshit and ego to shovel through. It's the bathroom mirror before the medication of the planet.

Councillor Paul Ainslie tweeted a photo from the Garrison Ball. A photo of some stairs.
Bj7ePcTCIAAigpX.jpg

Last year Ford stumbled and almost tripped down these stairs.

Maybe TPS is waiting for 8:30 a 9:30 (earth hour) when we all are supposed to turn off our devices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back