673     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
............ i don't know if the politics of it all weigh as much as the onerous workload of getting a major guns&gangs investigation involving a powerful rich man in shape for a trial.

I'm not so sure about the "powerful and rich" part. I can't help but think that, in comparison, they are still minor league. Maybe a big fish in a small pond. And a lot of it could be illusory, built up by the Ford's usual hyperbole and exaggeration. When the shit hits the fan, we may just find the emperor really has no clothes.

This whole Rob Ford saga is a big deal for our city. But his eventual downfall will be a good soap opera and talk show material. In terms of political and financial impact, I really think it will be minimal. Nothing more than a side note.

I'm at a loss trying to imagine what other "big" names might be involved in this mess, simply because it's difficult to come up with any other public figure who could possibly match either Slob or Thug (but especially Rob) for their weird, toxic combo of willful blindness, arrogance, playground bully brutishness, recklessness, irresponsibility and (once again, especially in Rob's case), sheer bone-headed, dim-bulb stupidity. I mean, to a large extent, Slob's in this trap of his own making because he likes to play Gangsta, right? How many other well known Torontonians (especially from the political world) could you say the same thing of?

I'm at a loss trying to imagine what other "big" names might be involved in this mess, simply because it's difficult to come up with any other public figure who could possibly match either Slob or Thug (but especially Rob) for their weird, toxic combo of willful blindness, arrogance, playground bully brutishness, recklessness, irresponsibility and (once again, especially in Rob's case), sheer bone-headed, dim-bulb stupidity. I mean, to a large extent, Slob's in this trap of his own making because he likes to play Gangsta, right? How many other well known Torontonians (especially from the political world) could you say the same thing of?

I agree. IMO, if there are delays in laying charges, it's mostly likely because there are disagreements about the quality of the evidence in terms of making sure the case the sticks. My guess is there's a debate going on over whether the Crown will be able to prove Lisi acted under instructions from Rob.

FWIW, MetroMan has been doubling down rather than backing off his "imminent" claims.
Ivor Tossell tweeted that it was a slow news day, and MetroMan said, "Catch your breath ;)"

Then he tweeted that his phone is down to 9% and he hopes he doesn't miss anything.

Unless he's a troll (and I don't think he is), those are both rather provocative statements. Does it mean S**t's going down tonight? I don't know. But I guess I'm mentally in "any minute; nothing would surprise me," mode.

FWIW, MetroMan has been doubling down rather than backing off his "imminent" claims.
Ivor Tossell tweeted that it was a slow news day, and MetroMan said, "Catch your breath ;)"

Then he tweeted that his phone is down to 9% and he hopes he doesn't miss anything.

Unless he's a troll (and I don't think he is), those are both rather provocative statements. Does it mean S**t's going down tonight? I don't know. But I guess I'm mentally in "any minute; nothing would surprise me," mode.

Just read that too, and since I don't take twitter seriously :) I wasn't sure what to make of that either. There's still more ITO to come out next week, so maybe they are getting ready to act. Fingers crossed.

If we're talking about politics in the Ministry of the Attorney General and the current provincial government, I would have thought pulling the trigger on charges would take the heat off of the gas plants story.

But maybe this is just one among the issues they have to grapple with?

I agree. IMO, if there are delays in laying charges, it's mostly likely because there are disagreements about the quality of the evidence in terms of making sure the case the sticks. My guess is there's a debate going on over whether the Crown will be able to prove Lisi acted under instructions from Rob.

Just thinking out loud here. So far, the circumstantial evidence of Rob Ford being behind Lisi's frantic efforts to retrieve the video the day Gawker and the Star broke the story is, IMHO, overwhelming. Is this enough for a successful prosecution?

Thank you. I was just about to post something like this, myself. It's only a social media platform, and it's as reliable as the people you choose to follow.

...or like real life. MM is MM, so you can believe him or not. Whether he tells you the info here or in person, or via email or on Twitter seems immaterial to me.
(If I saw random rumours on #TOpoli, that would be a "I only saw it on Twitter" thing, much as if I overheard someone on the street. But that's kind of the point...)

I'm also wondering if TPS is feeding MM this info to put the AG's feet to the fire to give them the go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back