673     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Deco is one of the dominoes. Randy and Doug in particular, which would put the entire business in trouble.

Or, just as much, as I've long questioned...is Deco in worse shape than it looks? Or at least, would it collapse like a souffle without said "underworld connection" or whatever?

Seems like Doug Jr. inherited Doug Sr.'s knack for "creative boosting", y'know, for projecting the notion that we're solid, solid, solid, folks, and *we* did it, and *we're* still doing it (i.e. factoring out Deco's co-founder), bla bla, yak yak, bla bla. Yet, if the way the Rob campaign's been handled by Doug is any indication, the bozo-isms over corrupted website, "bubbleheads", etc--how can *these* goofs competently run a company like Deco, other than on vestigial fumes plus a little boosterish smoke and mirrors? I mean, I just can't help getting a whiff of that Eaton/Bronfman-esque next-generational squandering in process here--so, don't be surprised *at all* if Deco's among the most spectacular dominos to fall here...

If Doug had the same math teacher as his brother, I wouldn't hesitate to say there's a great deal of creative accounting happening with the company books.

No fan of Blair here. However, there was an article in the Walrus (?) that reported he was apparently totally sidelined throughout the whole G20 shitshow. The whole damned debacle was reportedly directed by some kind of 'CentCom' operation in, like Barrie. Fantino was in on it IIRC. It was 'Copstock' for those guys. Three days of war, hate, and chin music. Anyway, that article tempered somewhat my antipathy towards the chief. As would an actual arrest and commencement of criminal proceedings against Ford. So, here's hoping.

You got a link? Would love some ammo against some Blair conspiracy losers.

Now I'm wondering when Bill Blair said "we will pursue every avenue of investigation that is required to do our jobs and to uphold the law, and that will be done without fear and without favour" if that comment was directed not at the Fords but at those that have the power to delay the investigation/arrest.

I asked MM if he still stood behind charges being imminent:

I'm leaning towards a warrant to search Ford's property being executed soon. Charges likely soon after or simultaneously. The chatter continues to reflect an investigation that is in the very final stages.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards a warrant to search Ford's property being executed soon. Charges likely soon after or simultaneously. The chatter continues to reflect an investigation that is in the very final stages.

Basic, do you have access to first-hand chatter (TPS), secondary (media) or third-hand info (social media, which frankly could just be repeating things initiated elsewhere, thus suggesting confirmation when in fact its just a loop). I'm very eager to have more first or second sources.

I don't think the delay is related to the Fords per se. Don't forget the rumors about who else has gotten caught up in this - politicians, judges, and Lord knows who else. Assuming that's the case, the AG's office has a lot of decisions to make about who else to charge, and how to protect those who have gotten caught up but against whom there is insufficient evidence to lay charges.

Basic, do you have access to first-hand chatter (TPS), secondary (media) or third-hand info (social media, which frankly could just be repeating things initiated elsewhere, thus suggesting confirmation when in fact its just a loop). I'm very eager to have more first or second sources.

Basic was quoting MM. He has edited his post to reflect that.

I don't think the delay is related to the Fords per se. Don't forget the rumors about who else has gotten caught up in this - politicians, judges, and Lord knows who else. Assuming that's the case, the AG's office has a lot of decisions to make about who else to charge, and how to protect those who have gotten caught up but against whom there is insufficient evidence to lay charges.

This sounds like a very, very plausible scenario, if one takes MM's tweets today at face value. If one domino falls, many others will, political self-preservation,etc.

There are also secondary considerations. This story will kick off an enormous international media storm. Police AG and others will have to be prepared for questions on the case, what they reveal in the presser, and other tertiary concerns. IF there is anything to this "imminent" crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back