195     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 602     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 971     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Also, I understand Rob cited Europe for reasons no one quite understands in regards to the island airport. Now, are we absolutely sure he means the continent?
[video=youtube;9jK-NcRmVcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&feature=kp[/video]

(It's even lyrically appropriate...)

'Folks, they've got flights leaving the island of Europe for Venus! Venus! We're getting interplanetary travel, folks'.

Apologies if someone else already caught this.

Tweet from @MetroMan posted 16 hours ago in response to question about the alleged 'heinous' activity he's hinted at from his sources:
"Not awkward. Just a terrible terrible charge if true. I'm staying out of this 1"

I imagine MM is not going to reveal anything further about this, but I wonder if that means something that will finally turn the 'he saved me money' crowd against Ford. A morality charge of some sort? Ford abusing his physical advantage over someone?

He believes that unless you are charged, criminal acts do not make you a criminal. That's how Rob's world works, it's really easy to understand his thinking if you remember young children and how they think.:rolleyes:

Exactly!

One thing all interviewers know is Rub and Tug are going to go to their stock answers so deep questions are useless.

I think they should go all absurd on him like "can you do your drunk driving impression or how about some steak queen jamaican ranting, those are really popular with your constituents".

For Doug "When you said Rub was the most honest mayor can you cite other mayors who have lied about their crack use and being hammered at city functions".

Treat the both of them like the sideshows they are and eventually they will explode in anger.

Another line of questioning (and he would totally deflect with "I'm not perfect" but...) - "you say you're experimenting with drugs and that you're not an addict. Do you think that's appropriate as the leader of a city? Why do you do this? Do you think you're above the law? Do you realize you put yourself in vulnerable positions? Do you realize that your behaviour and its consequences are not normal for a regular citizen, nevermind the mayor of a city? Do you realize that you've exhibited regular patterns of destructive and criminal behaviour that you dismiss as minor?"

I know the woman at the Ryerson debate asked why he continues to behave this way and that was his response but I want him to get hammered with this...no pun intended.

Last edited:
Regarding MM charge, I think it's murder.

EDIT: Also, if MetroMan is right and an arrest is only a phone call away, they may want to make it now if they want to keep attention off the release of the Lisi ITO to ensure less media coverage and a fair trial. IANAL tho.

ohn lancaster @jlancasterCBC
Lawyer: "Lisi is not focus of investigation...but is the only one charged." He is #RobFord's "collateral damage." #TOpoli #sl

Guys, Sandro Lisi's lawyer just said his client is Rob Ford's 'collateral damage.' Think about that. You think his lawyer isn't pressuring the f*** out of Lisi to get him to turn on Rob?

Regarding MM charge, I think it's murder.

EDIT: Also, if MetroMan is right and an arrest is only a phone call away, they may want to make it now if they want to keep attention off the release of the Lisi ITO to ensure less media coverage and a fair trial. IANAL tho.
John Lancaster from CBC tweeted:
Lisi lawyer compares media attention to Paul Bernardo case. Worth noting: Bernardo got a fair trial.

Again, not criticizing Metroman, but didn't he say definitively before that Ford was not involved in the death of Anthony Smith. I suspect a lot of people dropped the thought based on his insider information. Or do you think there's another murder, Dubster?

Again, not criticizing Metroman, but didn't he say definitively before that Ford was not involved in the death of Anthony Smith. I suspect a lot of people dropped the thought based on his insider information. Or do you think there's another murder, Dubster?

It's not murder. When rob ford kills somebody that's an efficiency.

He believes that unless you are charged, criminal acts do not make you a criminal. That's how Rob's world works, it's really easy to understand his thinking if you remember young children and how they think.:rolleyes:

Exactly. Magical thinking. I did something wrong, sure, but if I keep quiet and pretend it didn't happen, then it didn't happen. If I don't talk to the cops like my lawyer says, the cops can't do anything, I won't be charged and it'll be like I didn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back