1.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.2K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty confident that the Ministry won't want a actual trial. They'll go though discoveries, and exchange documents etc., but the Ministry will likely try to settle with respect to their portion of liability. It likely won't get as far as pre-trial conferences or mediation, but that also depends on how far MacIntyrre wants to push it. The Ministry may even try to enter a "Mary Carter" agreement allowing them to settle and remove themselves from the suit while MacIntyre continues his claim against the other defendants.

For sure, this will take a couple of years to come to any kind of conclusion. It also wouldn't surprise me if MacIntyre simply accepted the settlement from the Ministry and dropped the case against Ford and the others, but then again, I don't know what kind of evidence he may have in regard to who beat him and why. Ford would be happy to get out of it and to pay his own costs.

Yes. (I was not seeking to imply that the action will inevitably reach trial. I was trying only to explain to the commentator that he or she was mistaken to think that a pre- trial conference is an early step when in fact it comes - if ever- at the end of the pre-trial process.)

Yes. (I was not seeking to imply that the action will inevitably reach trial. I was trying only to explain to the commentator that he or she was mistaken to think that a pre- trial conference is an early step when in fact it comes - if ever- at the end of the pre-trial process.)

Agreed. It'll be interesting.

Someone once mentioned that this 'murderous rant' video was taken between Oct. 2012 and March 2013.
Arm wrestling Hulk Hogan happened in July 2013.

I have never seen anyone fried on crack before.
Seeing the Mayor of Toronto buzzing out on crack was quite unique.

Learned about 'birds' and Randy Ford carrying a 'purse' in the crack fueled rant.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

I'm sure that RoF is talking about Randy's drug habit, as in "pers-onal". Like he only uses drugs, not traffics them. I believe Scotty Mac threatened to expose RoF's drug distribution, as well as numerous other threats.

Payman may have been the middle man to hire Petros, hence it being in his mommy's house.

I am proud of people for quietly but persistently speaking out about Rob Ford. So many people devote time and energy to highlighting the details of this lazy, pathetic Mayor. Like this one I found on Tumblr. (I'm not sure if this has been posted but it's new to me) http://fordworkwatch.tumblr.com/ - it details how many hours the Mayor actually works with easy to read graphs.

Too many people tell me that I am overly concerned with politics (translation = I don't post inspirational quotes, cartoons or images of babies), but clearly there are many who are paying attention and will risk being ostracized on Facebook to report what few in the news media did before the truth became uncomfortably clear.

I am seriously considering a round of public mischief at the night of the campaign kick–off to cover all the cars in the parking lot with fridge magnets. After all, there is free parking!

21ay3jp.gif

Attachments

• lisi4mayor.jpg
    lisi4mayor.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 374
I'm sure that RoF is talking about Randy's drug habit, as in "pers-onal". Like he only uses drugs, not traffics them. I believe Scotty Mac threatened to expose RoF's drug distribution, as well as numerous other threats.

Payman may have been the middle man to hire Petros, hence it being in his mommy's house.

'Purse' or 'pers' who knows? Probably either one is weighed in lbs. and valued in the thousands of dollars.

The TPS/OPP hopefully will peruse this 'murderous rant' video.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

Just a reminder for anyone that is interested, the sit-in needs more people. After Doug Ford's threat of bringing in 1000 people to cover up the signs of the people at the sit-in, and a new person signing up to anchor part of yesterday's sit-in and not showing up (and not emailing anyone to say they couldn't come), I am expecting more dirty tricks from the Fords. Their receptionist, Graeme, came out yesterday and put a "Rob Ford Mayor" magnet under one of the signs...funnily enough it was a sign that said "resign", but you can see what I'm getting at. The fact that there is pretty much someone always sitting in is a good thing, even if it's just one or two people. I don't expect Ford to resign because people are there but as individuals, we need to do something to show we aren't happy.

Has anyone posted this?
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_rob_ford_out_over_bmo_field_opposition.html
In a meeting with Toronto FC season-ticket holders ahead of the team’s Saturday home opener, MLSE boss Tim Leiweke became the city’s first high-profile businessman to pick a public fight with Mayor Rob Ford.

The man in control of the Leafs, Raptors and TFC came to town from Los Angeles nearly a year ago with a reputation for two things — conciliation and getting things built. One of his favourite personal rules is that he leave no enemy behind him.
It’s a measure of his frustration with Ford’s attempt to make the expansion of BMO Field a political issue that Leiweke chose this venue to air his grievances.

Leiweke first talked about the surprisingly decent weather, before segueing to more prosaic matters.
“The other good news I had today is that the mayor’s going to vote against our (stadium expansion) plan, which probably means we win 42-
2. This presumes the dissenting votes in council will be Rob and Doug Ford. It played for big laughs in the room.

This is presumably in reaction to an article published in Saturday’s Toronto Sun, in which Rob Ford rubbished the city executive committee’s approval of a plan to lend $10 million toward the $120 million expansion of BMO Field.
The committee voted 11-1 in favour. Ford was the sole ‘Nay’.
“It was 11-1, and the two amendments they added on were approved 12-0. And then 11-1 on the big vote,” Leiweke said, shaking his head in wonderment. “I’m still trying to figure that one out. Guess who the one vote was who said ‘No’, who voted ‘Yes’ twice for the amendments?”

MLSE is also seeking $10 million each from the province and the federal government. That money would be funneled through the city.
Ford told the Sun that he will not agree to funnel any money to the city-owned stadium.
“Of course, I love (Toronto FC),” Ford told the Sun’s Joe Warmington. “But it’s the principle.
“It should be paid for by the private sector,” the mayor continued. “It would be nice if he wanted to expand (Ford-owned) Deco Labels and have the taxpayers help us out, but it doesn’t work like that.”

In recent weeks, Ford has appeared to be of two minds about the plan, alternately calling expansion of the city-owned facility a “great” idea as a new home for his sports crush, the Argos, and also saying that it can’t include public funds.
Leiweke portrayed a very different sort of calculation.
“This is the guy (Ford) I went in and met with. He was mad at us that we didn’t go through him at first. He wanted this to be his plan. We took him through it and he said, ‘I’m for this. I want this. I’ll support you.’ (small pause) I’m extremely happy he’s not supporting us.”
Reached by phone, Councillor Doug Ford would only say that he supports his brother’s position.
“Not everyone is a sports fan, and they shouldn’t have to pay for this.”

Leiweke and the Fords have a sizable difference of opinion on what MLSE is asking the city for.
For Ford, a private company is asking for a $10 million handout.
MLSE has already announced that it plans to repay the entire amount over 20 years, including interest.
“They actually do better with this investment than they do with their pension fund,” Leiweke said.
According to Leiweke, if the renovation doesn’t happen, the arena is still facing a $30 million bill for basic repairs in the near future. By contract, that amount would be split between MLSE and the city.

So it’s either a $10 million loan to make something better, or a $15 million bill to keep something standing.
“The thing that riles me the most is when someone accuses us of a gravy train. It’s exactly the opposite,” Leiweke said, his consonants sharpening. “This is simple, smart math. And great leadership on behalf of the city manager to find a solution where the private sector steps up and takes all the risk. I’m not embarrassed by this deal. I will not let it get in the middle of a political race.”
Too late. He’s there now.

Leiweke's mistake is obviously in believing that Ford can do even basic math.

I wonder if he's going to show up on the Danforth today for the Greek parade. Returning to the scene of the crime, so to speak. Other politicians are there and I think it was to start at 11 so if he does go, he should be showing up in 15 minutes or so.

I am seriously considering a round of public mischief at the night of the campaign kick–off to cover all the cars in the parking lot with fridge magnets. After all, there is free parking!

21ay3jp.gif

Do it! I think the city is ready for some real old-fashioned agitprop. It's surprising to me how little there has been so far....

In a perfect world the sides of City Hall would be used for projection bombs like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back