1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 540     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy spring everyone! I have been sitting on a beach all week (90F here) and missed the revelations on Wed. Now trying to catch up while this sketchy wifi connects.
Any dates/times/posts I should look out for specifically?
What I have learned so far: the cops called RoFo the Traffic King, he does a poor Hulk Hogan impression,and now finally, the docklands will finally get the ferris wheel a certain criminal,narcississtic drug addict always wanted.
Anything else? :D
Sending y'all sunny vibes.

I hate to gossip, but the folks at the sit-in think Ford may have had an LCBO bag under his arm when he entered his office 40 minutes ago. Drunk-dialing constituents again?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford needs to have a few drinks before he talks to the public. I've always wondered how someone as socially awkward as him can spend so much time speaking with constituents.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/03/22/mlse_boss_tim_leiweke_calls_rob_ford_out_over_bmo_field_opposition.html

“The thing that riles me the most is when someone accuses us of a gravy train. It’s exactly the opposite,” Leiweke said, his consonants sharpening. “This is simple, smart math. And great leadership on behalf of the city manager to find a solution where the private sector steps up and takes all the risk. I’m not embarrassed by this deal. I will not let it get in the middle of a political race.”

Too late. He’s there now.

Pisses me off that a guy who's only been in Toronto for a year is the one who's going after him. Where is everyone else (The Star excluded, of course)?

I would love it Robbie and douggie got into a pissing match with Leiweke. The guy is an articulate genius with an incredible amount of business success.

Business-friendly Ford?

ddale8 4:18pm via Twitter for iPhone
MLSE CEO says 1) Ford told him he'd support BMO expansion; 2) He's happy Ford isn't supporting him.

And the enemies list grows longer...

Last edited:
Digressing from the Lisi theme, perhaps something like this might make for a nice t-shirt (my first meme, sorry I don't have fancy photoshop skills):
View attachment 24060

Even better (my concept; Marc Lostracco's execution via Facebook)
1484154_10153590721875486_1214068007_n.jpg

Business-friendly Ford?

MLSE CEO says 1) Ford told him he'd support BMO expansion; 2) He's happy Ford isn't supporting him.

In my looking up the developer in my last post, I came across a very long and detailed article from Toronto Life two years ago, "The weirdest mayoralty ever—the inside story of Rob Ford’s city hall" *well worth a re-read*
Anyway, had this sentence regarding Rob Ford (top 10 pages in)
" Faced with the awkwardness of trying to make conversation with the mayor, many lobbyists and real estate tycoons preferred to take their case to his brother."
I think that says about all we need to know about his business acumen.

Last edited:
In my looking up the developer in my last post, I came across a very long and detailed article from Toronto Life two years ago, "The weirdest mayoralty ever—the inside story of Rob Ford’s city hall" *well worth a re-read*
" Faced with the awkwardness of trying to make conversation with the mayor, many lobbyists and real estate tycoons preferred to take their case to his brother."

I was at the Guild Inn on Thursday when Rob made his appearance, albeit 2 hours later than planned. Doug showed up over half an hour after Rob and Rob just stopped talking. I still am not sure why Doug was there and from what I read, Rob wasn't at all up to speed with what was happening at Guild Park so being there was a waste. But I barely heard Rob say a word while he was there, he was talking really quietly when he spoke at all. Doug and Paul Ainslie (it's his ward) showed up and I had no problem hearing Doug.

That and his social graces. As in, he clearly has neither. How appalling and embarrassing for us.

Business-friendly Ford?

It would be funny if they tell him to stop showing up at Leaf games/ or not let him in

"because the BOSS says so and we don't want you here" - and refund his ticket price to him.

From Goldsbie in Now: "From this, most have inferred that Ford's lawyer was referring to his arm-wrestling match with Hulk Hogan in August 2013. But that was a publicity stunt for Fan Expo, not a charity event. In the video, Ford does say "If I win, I will fucking donate…" but he is not known to have ever been involved in a proposed charity fight of any kind."
He was with Payman in the video (assistant coach at Don Bosco) and allegedly the eventual beating was carried out by Aedon Petros (former Bosco player). Maybe Ford was going to donate more money and or equipment to Don Bosco, as he had done in the past.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197187

From Goldsbie in Now: "From this, most have inferred that Ford's lawyer was referring to his arm-wrestling match with Hulk Hogan in August 2013. But that was a publicity stunt for Fan Expo, not a charity event. In the video, Ford does say "If I win, I will fucking donate…" but he is not known to have ever been involved in a proposed charity fight of any kind."
He was with Payman in the video (assistant coach at Don Bosco) and allegedly the eventual beating was carried out by Aedon Petros (former Bosco player). Maybe Ford was going to donate more money and or equipment to Don Bosco, as he had done in the past.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197187

"I win" doesn't sound like the outcome of having someone else beat up a guy though. I think when you ask someone to beat up a guy you don't think of it as a contest -- you pick someone you expect to deliver the beating, not get beaten up himself. The "if I win" seems more likely to refer to something like a council vote, the election, or a lawsuit.

It's not that I think the Hulk Hogan defense is plausible -- just that I don't see "If I win" referring to the beating itself. And I am not sure that even a former Bosco player would accept a donation to his old football team as payment for a jailhouse beating, although they are clearly a very altruistic bunch. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back