3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 709     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought regarding the Kevin Donovan article about the gun photographs found on the same computer as the crack video.

IIRC the ITO stated that Anthony Smith was killed in retribution for a theft from a rival gang. It has been mentioned elsewhere that the stolen items were firearms. Is it possible that the photos found on the computer are of the stolen guns? While this still wouldn't prove a connection between Rob Ford and Smiths' murder, it would bring Rob a little closer to it.

I'm not really following how this would bring Ford closer to his murder?

I'm wondering if some smarty pants lawyer is figuring he can get some case law facts accepted in a civil case that he can later get accepted as "court proven" fact later on in a criminal complaint - kind of like a legal "round house" move...

I'm sure I'll be beaten to the punch, but...

it only works the other way around, as the standard of proof is higher for criminal accusations.

Edit: I'm used to reading a day behind. Guess my work must have suffered today

2nd Edit: Actually, it might be possible for specific facts, of which the court in a civil proceeding has taken judicial notice, to be introduced as facts at trial. If I remembered Civ Pro better I would be able to tell you. I guess the search for a smarty pants lawyer is still on.

Last edited:
I've never really worked anywhere that people have to literally run across the office for any reason, but I've seen people get accidentally injured in minor ways, even in negligent and preventable ways, and all it ever took was a sincere apology. Yeah it's juvenile that he ran across the council chamber like he was playing football, but come on. That's grasping at straws. I don't think any place I've ever worked at would fire or even discipline a person for accidentally running into someone else.

That whole thing was played up because it was funny, but calling it assault and all that... Come on. Get real. That's not how the real world works.

Come on? Get real? Seriously? It wasn't funny. You have a 300+ pound man barrelling into an older lady, and she could have really been hurt. He wasn't running for a fire. He wasn't running to save a choking victim. He was running to help his idiot brother in a stupid argument. Right into a group of people, of which McConnell was one of them. Not sure where you've worked, but yes, at my work place, that kind of poor judgement wouldn't be tolerated, apology or no. We're expected to conduct ourselves with professionalism on company time.

I'm sure ill be beaten to the punch, but...

it only works the other way around, as the standard of proof is higher for criminal accusations.

While it doesn't meet the standard for disqualifying Ford from office, I'd love to see this civil suit go against him. I'm not really all for trusting McIntyre, but given the lack of trust in Ford (on paper and with rational folk) but it could go somewhere.

I'm not really following how this would bring Ford closer to his murder?

It's a tenuous connection at best - are you ready for some wild speculation and leaps of logic?

We've heard rumors of a picture of Ford passed out on a pool table with Dixon Bloods (possibly including Smith) brandishing weapons. What if this picture made the rounds in the neighbourhood and the rival gang recognized the stolen weapons. This could have been the cause of the "street level beef" that lead to Smiths' death. This wouldn't implicate Ford in the murder, but it would connect him to it.

Come on? Get real? Seriously? It wasn't funny. You have a 300+ pound man barrelling into an older lady, and she could have really been hurt.
If you look at the photos/videos of the incident, everyone except for one (other than Ford) is showing concern for what happened. That person is Hotmail lawyer. He's grinning ear to ear. That begs the question. euler, are you Hotmail lawyer? (not a serious question)

Last edited:
In the document Ford filed today he:

3) Ford says McIntyre then defended Ford to the Star, specifically to Robyn Doolittle in July 2013, saying the Fords treated him as one of their own and were more than fair given the things he did, and that everyone should put it behind them, and why don't they do a story on how Rob is saving the taxpayers money? :rolleyes:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ailhouse-beating-lawsuit-accusation-1.2580712
In response to that, from Doolittle:
After my book was published, the Globe and Mail asked MacIntyre about the comments. The article quotes him as saying:
Asked Sunday about his remarks to Ms. Doolittle, Mr. MacIntyre told The Globe he sent the messages with the intention of deterring the journalist from contacting him. He said he believed that if he told Ms. Doolittle he only had nice things to say about the mayor that she would leave him alone. “It was one of those off-the-cuff remarks and I wish I’d never said it,†he said.
http://robyndoolittle.com/category/blog/

Would the council chambers not be considered a work place? And as a work place, wouldn't his "coworkers" be afforded some measure of protection, by law, that they would not be physically assaulted? I get that he probably didn't start out thinking "I'm going to knock McConnell ass over tea kettle" but still. His batshit, juvenile behaviour in a crowded workspace ended up injuring a coworker. If someone at my workplace did that, they'd be shown the door.

It's City property, so the City could be held liable for any injuries sustained. Likewise, if an employee or elected official were to injure someone off City property, the City could be held liable.

March 4, 2014:

[Video of Ford threatening to kill someone.]

Now somebody who is clearly not your friend videotaped you without your knowledge here. Who are you talking about in that video?

RF: [Shrugs.]

JK: You don’t know? You have no idea?

RF: Exactly.

March 20 2014:

"To the best of this Defendant's knowledge the Video depicts... the pre-match rant of a professional wrestler... The Defendant is mimicking... that professional wrestler"

Remarkable Recovered Memory Syndrome?

Sadly these statements happened in unrelated jurisdictions.

I wonder how safe will reporters feel covering the Ford campaign rally wingnuts in April (assuming the brothers get that far) when many of these reporters have already been tackled, punched and kicked personally by the mayor himself?

It's a tenuous connection at best - are you ready for some wild speculation and leaps of logic?

We've heard rumors of a picture of Ford passed out on a pool table with Dixon Bloods (possibly including Smith) brandishing weapons. What if this picture made the rounds in the neighbourhood and the rival gang recognized the stolen weapons. This could have been the cause of the "street level beef" that lead to Smiths' death. This wouldn't implicate Ford in the murder, but it would connect him to it.

If this picture was making the rounds in the neighbourhood (by internet presumable) we'd all have seen it by now. No way something like that doesn't get leaked if you have all kinds of random eyes on it…

I'm sure I'll be beaten to the punch, but...

Edit: I'm used to reading a day behind. Guess my work must have suffered today

2nd Edit: Actually, it might be possible for specific facts, of which the court in a civil proceeding has taken judicial notice, to be introduced as facts at trial. If I remembered Civ Pro better I would be able to tell you. I guess the search for a smarty pants lawyer is still on.

But that was my point - a slim thread could be backed up by other case accepted evidence.

Here`s a theory: Anthony Smith and Mohamed Siad were business partners for years when they get the idea to film Ford to extort money and to “have†something on him. Plan goes through and Smith and Siad tape Ford and, the same night, also the record the “guns and Ford†video we`ve heard tell about. They confront Ford but he cheaps out. All the players know about the video and begin to fight amongst themselves over its perceived value. Smith and Khattak get shot by Khattak`s own cousin, Hashimi on a night when Siad is not present. Siad gets frightened and continues to pimp the video to get out of town. When he gets threatened by Lisi and thugs he relents and deletes the videos, and pictures of guns, perhaps those used in the “guns and Ford†video.

Here`s a theory: Anthony Smith and Mohamed Siad were business partners for years when they get the idea to film Ford to extort money and to “have” something on him. Plan goes through and Smith and Siad tape Ford and, the same night, also the record the “guns and Ford” video we`ve heard tell about. They confront Ford but he cheaps out. All the players know about the video and begin to fight amongst themselves over its perceived value. Smith and Khattak get shot by Khattak`s own cousin, Hashimi on a night when Siad is not present. Siad gets frightened and continues to pimp the video to get out of town. When he gets threatened by Lisi and thugs he relents and deletes the videos, and pictures of guns, perhaps those used in the “guns and Ford” video.

Wow. Never thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back