374     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 678     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unhinged? The show went just as planned: RF got to be a celebrity.

People under estimate the intelligence of the Fords--just because they don't sound like English professors doesn't mean they're stupid.

Think of an election campaign like you would a marketing campaign. eg: GM says their truck is the best etc meanwhile the other guy is outselling them 4-1.

I saw this comment in the Sun:

WhenLibsWynneWeLose Fred • 2 hours ago

"Always Private Sector -
I get paid for landing good people in professional jobs.
That's why I know the truth about traffic, commuting and job creation / destruction and what goes on in Board Rooms
I remember lies and bogus ideology politicians have used to screw us.... and can't be fooled again.
What do you do?"

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/13/mayoral-candidate-olivia-chow-embarks-on-media-blitz

The commenter sounded like someone mentioned a while back in this thread who had sent a string of e-mails to some blog demanding that her picture be removed from it. She said she was a recruiter who lived in a posh neighbourhood. Anyone have that link?

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/...ntos-crack-smoking-mayor-179.html#post4587496

The ring got too small, huh? I've been having that same problem with my pants. I blame cheap materials.

We got married when we were 22, bodies unfortunately change as you age, his ring no longer fits and we haven't bothered to resize it as I've never felt threatened by his not wearing a ring.

Unhinged? The show went just as planned: RF got to be a celebrity.

People under estimate the intelligence of the Fords--just because they don't sound like English professors doesn't mean they're stupid.

Think of an election campaign like you would a marketing campaign. eg: GM says their truck is the best etc meanwhile the other guy is outselling them 4-1.

None of this was planned. You're giving them WAY too much credit. Rob is a celebrity because he got caught being stupid, clumsy, and engaging in bad behaviour. They did not plan that.

Yes, unfortunately. They're millionaires, famous and have way more fun.:p

I'm just a dreamer...err NimbyTect...err armchair critic. A failure in this town.

They aren't millionaires because they're smart. Well, they were smart enough to stay in their parents' good graces, I guess.

I've spoken to several lawyers who work in the criminal justice sphere who said it would be unheard of for the OPP to take a dud case off the hands of another force, particularly in a situation like this where the political fallout would be massive if charges were never laid. One criminal defense lawyer (who did not claim inside information), said that it seemed possible that the police were going to lay some sort of charge of murder, given the pace of the investigation and the public statements made by police thus far. Another remarked that the OPP views itself as the best police force in Canada, and wouldn't take on such a high profile case if it were not to enhance the image of the organization.

I know several defence lawyers, and they all (none of whom, as far as I know, have inside information) share the same thoughts.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4h

I count nine Ford lies or exaggerations, all unchallenged, in the disaster of a seven-minute CP24 interview this afternoon.

Does anyone know which lies? I didn't watch the interview but I'm glad he sounds disgusted at the interviewer.

I also liked this tweet:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 6h

"I'm the only candidate who has a proven track record of 14 years," Ford tells CP24. Chow was a councillor for 14 years.

Unhinged?

I knew a guy with a grade 3 education who managed to teach himself how to fix construction machines, cars, engines of all types. He couldn't write his own name and he never learned to read. He certainly didn't talk like a professor but his intelligence was quite obvious. I'd be the last to underestimate anyone for intelligence because there is more than one way to measure smarts.

However, stupid is as stupid does. By that measuring stick, they've done a lot of stupid. They are either deliberately obtuse, or stupid. I figure they are somewhere between those two things. They've gotten by so far because they began life with privilege, money, a powerful father, and they intimidate, lie and excuse their way out of bad situations. They've squandered any goodwill that came their way, made enemies of allies and in general acted like a couple of pre-teen bullies.

That's not smart. That's stupid.

Just did a Forum Poll. Asked about a wide range of issues in addition to Voter preference... brothels, jets, Gardiner,

BROTHELS? Seriously? Can you remember the exact question?

Nothing about, you know, TRANSIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back