374     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 678     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which lies? I didn't watch the interview but I'm glad he sounds disgusted at the interviewer.

I also liked this tweet:

man, he's starting to seem really creepy...weird 'faux-relaxed' demeanour, barely focused and glassy eyed, doing a very off-putting pursed-lip thing with his mouth while he's listening to the questions. he is just so f--ked up.

I know several defence lawyers, and they all (none of whom, as far as I know, have inside information) share the same thoughts.

Obviously it's all speculation and hypothesis. I'm interested to hear their take on why the OPP would want to attach themselves to this case if it were a go-nowhere proposition, or a case with only minor charges facing Ford.

As far as has been reported, Blair was under no legal obligation to pass off the investigation of Ford, and it also hasn't been shown that the OPP was obligated to take the case on Blair's request. The decision to pass off oversight in a very public fashion seems to be based on political prerogatives.

I'm surmising that Blair's motivation was to shut down insinuations of bias and conspiracy. If he were doing so merely for the sake of his own reputation, I'm still at a loss to understand why the OPP would be so charitable as to expose themselves to the shit-storm that would result. What's the political advantage for the OPP, and the province at large, for attaching themselves to such a high profile failure?

Last edited:
Obviously it's all speculation and hypothesis. I'm interested to hear their take on why the OPP would want to attach themselves to this case if it were a go-nowhere proposition, or a case with only minor charges facing Ford.

As far as has been reported, Blair was under no legal obligation to pass off the investigation of Ford, and it also hasn't been shown that the OPP was obligated to take the case on Blair's request. The decision to pass off oversight in a very public fashion seems to be based on political prerogatives.

I'm surmising that Blair's motivation was to shut down insinuations of bias and conspiracy. If he were doing so merely for the sake of his own reputation, I'm still at a loss to understand why the OPP would be so charitable as to expose themselves to the shit-storm that would result. What's the political advantage for the OPP, and the province at large, for attaching themselves to such a high profile failure?

Could have just as easily been the RCMP.

Enough with the subways, please...

reporterdonpeat 4:11pm via Web
"I'm putting in subways on Sheppard ... I'm going to put them along Finch, I'm putting them downtown ... it is going to be done" Rob Ford.

Why stop there? Why doesn't he keep "putting in" subways? Steeles, York Mills, Lawrence, Kipling, Islington, Royal York, Vic Park, Warden, Kennedy. Puttin' subways subways subways everywhere!

I just saw someone from Stintz's campaign on CP24 bring up the "subsidized housing" thing, a conservative asshole talking point that's been so thoroughly debunked (here and in other places) that any mention of it is flat-out trolling at this point.

When you get a check from the Government to pay for your living expenses, that's a subsidy (which clearly is indicated). How they got that check in the first place, and why they kept receiving it is a mystery and should be the issue.

Just because you pay 'lowered market price' in one hand, but receive a subsidy check in the other, the net effect is paying lower then market rent. Even though you are technically paying 'market' rent from your checkbook.

It's like saying you paid full price for your computer (housing), but fail to mention that you got a rebate after (Taxpayer Check). Worsened by the fact that they were both government paid individuals.

How people cannot connect that is pretty mind boggling. Them paying 'up' $325 to cover that subsidy is hard evidence.

What's funny is, people denying and justifying this double dipping getting the same treatment from Ford when trying to give his Crack explanation "you didn't ask the right questions". lol.

I just watched the CP24 interview and he didn't say a single original thing, other than that they were putting a coat of paint on the Scarborough office and soon would be opening an Etobicoke office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back