374     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 678     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father is a steelworker and doesn't wear a wedding ring because it's dangerous around the machinery he works with.

We all know that Rob Ford is a regular, everyman blue collar worker... so maybe he doesn't wear one for the same reason.

Because the magnets tend to get stuck to it?

He could be wearing the ring on his right hand. I believe that's customary in some cultures/religions. Or just more comfortable for some people.
I looked at both hands in some pics and put '2008' and '2005' in the image search to try to get older photos, but yeah, never saw any ring. Renata has some bling on her hands but I can't tell if it's a wedding band type of ring or just an accessory.

Well, if you turn the clock back by an hour twice each year, eventually you will be somewhat behind the times.

LOL! ;)

Electrical hazards and sharp pointy things that it can get caught on mostly....

I think the poster meant Rabbie, sarcastically, as we all know Gold isn't magnetic.

I wear a ring, even after seeing that hyper Italian soccer player jump around in that YouTube after his finger was caught on the net.
I at first thought he was just being a typical flamboyant Euro, but nope. He was justified in his reaction.

Maybe RoF not wearing a ring is his secret to getting it on with Alana (who looks to be way out of his league)?

Again, while dual ring weddings seem now to be very common across the board (eg, high, mid and low income), many married men have never worn a wedding ring. (Even photos of Cllr. Robinoccio from a decade ago show no wedding ring.)

and yet Renata does wear one

and yet Renata does wear one

Many, many married couples wear and/or do not wear rings in all configurations. My Mum never takes hers off, but my Dad has never had one, despite being neither a safety-conscious steelworker nor a philandering crack-smoker. The Ford 'men' have never worn wedding rings, and there is no significance in a photo of Rob Ford without one.

Unless anyone has any stunning revelations to the contrary, this is a complete non-topic which we should drop and not pick up again.

Unless anyone has any stunning revelations to the contrary, this is a complete non-topic which we should drop and not pick up again.

It was well worth the side-trip to be reminded about Homer's colonoscopy. (Props to casita.)

Many, many married couples wear and/or do not wear rings in all configurations. My Mum never takes hers off, but my Dad has never had one, despite being neither a safety-conscious steelworker nor a philandering crack-smoker. The Ford 'men' have never worn wedding rings, and there is no significance in a photo of Rob Ford without one.

It might be interesting if he'd always worn one and then suddenly wasn't, but we seem to have ruled that out.

I don't wear my wedding ring, but it is because it was stolen from the gym and I haven't replaced it.

My husband doesn't wear is either as it got to small and we haven't bothered to resize it. I wouldn't read too much into Ford not wearing his, it's fairly common.

Regarding that quote from Doug above about Rob's support: his delusion knows no bounds. They constantly put down people on the left in incredibly insulting ways, why would anyone who identifies as left wing vote for them? They use the terms "left wing" and "progressive" as insults and create an incredibly hostile, divisive environment. They intentionally alienated progressive, left wing voters, and now they think they can count on our votes. Redonkulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back