374     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 678     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which, if you believe Mad Men, is before they were born (the very first episode, set in 1960, has a discussion between an older man and a younger man about the younger's decision to wear a wedding ring). They have the vocabularies and speech cadences of much older people, too. It's bizarre.

Yeah, Doug's only a couple of years older than me but he talks like he could be my Dad. Very strange. Rob---I don't really know how he talks, because his words don't connect together and make sense. He sounds like a radio when you're spinning the dial trying to find a station.

They have the vocabularies and speech cadences of much older people, too. It's bizarre.

Well, if you turn the clock back by an hour twice each year, eventually you will be somewhat behind the times.

Last edited:
From Daniel Stein, "Meet Your Candidates!"

"Rounding out our top five contenders for mayor is the current occupant of the executive seat and perhaps the least likely to replace himself, Rob Ford."

"So instead, we may simply have to watch Rob Ford lose in October then die sometime in 2015, by which time he will no doubt have gone crazy from having to go back to work at his father’s company under the condescending direction of his older brother Doug, who knows full well that younger brother Rob is going down in flames."

http://steinsgeist.com/2014/03/13/toronto-meet-your-candidates/

Or maybe Renata makes him wear one in a less visible place - say, where it's not as easy to remove in a bar washroom or the mayor's office couch?

Reminds me of when Homer Simpson's wife sent him for a colonoscopy, and that is where they found it! ( Homer had told Marge he was getting it polished. ) ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I looked for a few photos of Rob showing his right hand ... no ring in any of them. Hmm.

Again, while dual ring weddings seem now to be very common across the board (eg, high, mid and low income), many married men have never worn a wedding ring. (Even photos of Cllr. Robinoccio from a decade ago show no wedding ring.)

Last edited:
Doug Ford...."Ford offered a breakdown of where he believes his brother's support will lie on the political spectrum: He probably has 40% of the NDP traditional vote, 47% of the Liberal vote and 60% of the fiscal conservatives. Rob's a populist- he covers the most diverse group of people I've ever seen in politics."
www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/4409092-ford-chow-makes-david-miller-look-like-a-conservative-/

'“I’ve never met an NDPer that doesn’t like to tax and spend,” said Ford.' Does not compute.

Reminds me of when Homer Simpson's wife sent him for a colonoscopy, and that is where they found it! ( Homer had told Marge he was getting it polished. ) ;)

[video=youtube;CIbHiWvRl6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CIbHiWvRl6M[/video]

Doug Ford...."Ford offered a breakdown of where he believes his brother's support will lie on the political spectrum: He probably has 40% of the NDP traditional vote, 47% of the Liberal vote and 60% of the fiscal conservatives. Rob's a populist- he covers the most diverse group of people I've ever seen in politics."
www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/4409092-ford-chow-makes-david-miller-look-like-a-conservative-/

Wow, that photo. HE'S SO FUCKING PINK. Did he fall asleep under a heat lamp at Harvey's or something?

Again, while dual ring weddings seem now to be very common across the board (eg, high, mid and low income), many married men have never worn a wedding ring. (Even photos of Cllr. Robinoccio from a decade ago show no wedding ring.)

My father is a steelworker and doesn't wear a wedding ring because it's dangerous around the machinery he works with.

We all know that Rob Ford is a regular, everyman blue collar worker... so maybe he doesn't wear one for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back