2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 787     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I call April 1? Although it's seemingly early, having it all break on April's Fools' Day would be perfect

Even better would be if Blair called a presser on April 1 and said "just kidding, there is no crack video". Then he, Rob and Doug could all high five and point at the scrum and say "gotcha".

March 18th. They'll give him one last major drunken hoorah before hauling his ass in. Hopefully it will be nice and early so he'll be hungover.

Even better would be if Blair called a presser on April 1 and said "just kidding, there is no crack video". Then he, Rob and Doug could all high five and point at the scrum and say "gotcha".

It would the perfect kind of cruel, right before an airtight arrest laden with evidence, to joke with rob and doug that they are vindicated only to then drop the cleaver on them. Oh, to watch dugg's ear to ear grin turn to red-faced anger as he realizes what just happened.

But why on earth was Blair running interference for Mayor Assclown in the case of the infamous 911 call? Was it just him underestimating how crazy Ford really was? Any thoughts?

I've been pondering that question for years now! In the end I concluded it was an unspoken "you owe me one" in the common language of power and politics. A chance to put Ford in the back pocket for a future occasion.

p.s. put me down for May 22!

Last edited:
I've been pondering that question for years now! In the end I concluded it was an unspoken "you owe me one" in the common language of power and politics. A chance to put Ford in the back pocket for a future occasion.
'
What if Blair used that as leverage to try and appeal to Ford, through his men? He could have told Ford: "take a break, you're hurting and need to tend to your wounds."
And Ford blew him off.
So Blair stepped up the game.
He made sure Ford was tried in the court of public opinion first, so it didn't look like it was coming from him.

Not sure if this makes sense. I am half asleep. :)

I can't believe Paiken didn't press Doug on his billion-dollar savings BS. Is he worried he's going to be accused of bias? A buddy of mine remarked that it might as well be LeDrew lobbing softballs. This is even worse than the Mansbridge interview.

I thought Paikin did a decent job for the most part (certainly better than Mansbridge, who didn't seem half as informed as the average UT member). Paikin was polite but he asked pointed questions and gave Dougie enough rope to hang himself with.

One thing I didn't like was when he pressed Dougie for some examples of what the Star had gotten wrong about Rob Ford. Dougie had to reach all the way back to the accusation about Rob roughing up one of his football players. Paikin should have come back with, "Okay, but that was many years ago, when your brother was still a councillor. What have they got wrong about Rob Ford in the three and a half years he's been mayor?"

Anyway, the clip is up on youtube:

[video=youtube;e5FaLAByje0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5FaLAByje0[/video]

Well, now. This is a burbling cesspool of mangled syntax and paranoid fantasy from Doug. He's come undone. Eight months of jollity to go!

Since Paikin did not, I'd love to hear Daniel Dale ask Doug: "If Blair says he's going to hit the gym and lose some weight will you put this animosity to the chief in the past and move on?"

I thought Paikin did a decent job for the most part (certainly better than Mansbridge, who didn't seem half as informed as the average UT member). Paikin was polite but he asked pointed questions and gave Dougie enough rope to hang himself with.

One thing I didn't like was when he pressed Dougie for some examples of what the Star had gotten wrong about Rob Ford. Dougie had to reach all the way back to the accusation about Rob roughing up one of his football players. Paikin should have come back with, "Okay, but that was many years ago, when your brother was still a councillor. What have they got wrong about Rob Ford in the three and a half years he's been mayor?"

Anyway, the clip is up on youtube:

[video=youtube;e5FaLAByje0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5FaLAByje0[/video]

Same BS but at least this was civilized. Doug looks really strained though. It's not looking good for them right now.

Maybe this just dawned on DoFo.
Images /audio of Lisi with Dougie etc....

Doudie Ford looked really rattled at news scrum today. He had baggy, blackish eyes and saggy cheeks today.... to stressed for makeup today...i guess.

Spotlight must be dimming on the Ford brothers future illumination.

I wasn't sure if today's commotion was confidence on the part of the Fords or a freak out. Apparently it's the latter. They're freaking out about what police have found on Sandro's phone.

Had the same feeling. Dougie Ford wasn't looking prepared or made up for media in morning yesterday.
Probably lost sleep thinking about Lisi's phone files and his possible appearance within them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back