321     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Doug has a nice speaking voice, but whoever installed his "smile" subroutine should really be docked some pay.

Thank you for posting this, I didn't want to pay the National Post and therefore couldn't get through the paywall.

But this explains what I saw on the CTV clip from last night, namely, Dougie was hovering close by but in the background the whole time Rob was out of his car handing out t-shirts. He only got back into his own car after Rob's was taking off. I'd thought that was kind of strange, overprotective and over the top even. This puts things in context.

Was just going to comment on Do's completely punchable face. Irritating even if he were a good human.

Speaking of annoyances... Are those folks in the bar photos standard TO taxpayers?

I wonder if Randy's purse matches his snakeskin boots?
Randy Ford boots.jpg

Attachments

• Randy Ford boots.jpg
    Randy Ford boots.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 445
Thank you for posting this, I didn't want to pay the National Post and therefore couldn't get through the paywall.

But this explains what I saw on the CTV clip from last night, namely, Dougie was hovering close by but in the background the whole time Rob was out of his car handing out t-shirts. He only got back into his own car after Rob's was taking off. I'd thought that was kind of strange, overprotective and over the top even. This puts things in context.

They can't watch over him every day. He'll get loose eventually.

Was the wall of photos really necessary?

As loathesome as they were, I'm going to go with YES, precisely because of how loathesome they were. I have no problem judging Ford by the sort of tacky, tasteless, moronic douchebags that he seems to feel a natural kinship with. His deliberate seeking out of these environments, and the hearty welcome he always appears to receive in them, is a healthy reminder of his complete lack of the intellect, bearing and seriousness his office requires.

For what it's worth...I live in the area of 3030 and spoke to someone who was there last night.

I walk past it regularly. Never been inside, but the story reminds me of how not so long ago the Junction was dry. ( Back when they had the slaughterhouses, before the big box stores. )

My wife and I used to dine across the street at Vesuvio's. No beer or wine in the area back then. ( And certainly no bars. ) Had to settle for a Coke instead! :)

This mayor, and those he hangs out with, exemplifies how much Toronto has changed, and not for the better!

Last edited:
They can't watch over him every day. He'll get loose eventually.

Given his adolescent views regarding such things as self-restraint, I daresay our Slob is more than a little resentful of all the high maintanence he currently has to put up with. It's only a matter of time until he starts rebelling. We can probably expect a typical self-destructive meltdown any day now.

And those photos. My God, those photos! Wall-to-wall scumbags.

A few years ago, on the Finch West bus, I overheard the conversation of a couple of younger, college-aged dudes. One lad was telling his buddy about a "40 year old creep-o" (his term) who'd been harrassing some of his female friends at a club the previous evening, and how he and some of his buddies had to step in and "encourage" the asshole to bugger off. I would assume this is a prevalent attitude, and as such, it's faintly mystifying that so many younger people are willing to put up with the Fords sliming around them like this. Then again, celebrity probably explains it, even the tabloid tv/train wreck style of celebrity personified by the Fords.

And from the evidence of those pics, it looks like Thug and Slob are seeking out their own kind in these situations, i.e. douchebags galore. But I wonder if even that kind will continue to tolerate Fatso after he loses the next election and is put out to pasture. (Assuming he isn't sent to prison, of course.)

the people in the photographs from the nightclub don't look like the kind of folks i hang around with, but good grief UT we are a judgemental and snippy bunch. i'm sure these folks are fun, bright, decent, interesting people in their own right. tarring them by the attendance of the ford brothers does nobody any good. and of course they are going to be all smiles when getting their picture with the mayor or his brother(s)! the mayor is an international celebrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back