867     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 578     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone: I watched the Robyn Doolittle interview myself on Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" on Comedy Central today and I agree with her feelings on Toronto
and about how much of an embarrassment RF has been for Toronto...This Macleans interview was interesting also...

See: www.thedailyshow.com and look for the February 6th episode...

With the "Cops" mention by Jon Stewart I thought of these lyrics for the COPS opening song:

"Rob Ford,Rob Ford what you gonna do,what you gonna do when they come for you?" noting his interest in reggae...
(with apologies to the band "Inner Circle")

LI MIKE

Last edited:
The end result is actually a document that breaks down the methods used, the questions asked, and exactly the responses for each. It's just that different numbers are reported by different people to fit with their own narrative. It's very easy to lie with statistics, so if Forum wants to advertise themselves by posting an explosive statistic all they have to do is publicize that one shocking number like the 'approval rating' instead, while quietly putting the entire details of the poll results somewhere few people will find them.

I think polls have a use if you know how to read them and understand when someone's twisting them for nefarious purposes. Regardless, I was just saying that the sample size was correct.

i know we've kinda move past the stats talk, but i gotta share a quote i love...

people use stats like a drunk uses a lamp post... more for support than illumination.

With about 10k pot holes in Toronto I wonder if we can blow out the Mayors voice mail... LOL

i'm thinkin'... maybe we can use his 'returns all calls' thing in our favour.

anyone happen to have a crackhouse in their neighbourhood that's an issue? let's all call rob to address something like that. we would either be able to prove that he doesn't address all calls, or we'd see how he handled trying to fix the situation.

anyone happen to have a crackhouse in their neighbourhood that's an issue? let's all call rob to address something like that. we would either be able to prove that he doesn't address all calls, or we'd see how he handled trying to fix the situation.

That. Is. Brilliant!

Rob Ford: "Ladies and Gentlemen, that crackhouse won't be bothering you anymore! I made them an offer they couldn't refuse!" (waddles away, pockets bulging...)

That's good.

Also, not to get all Ol' Fort York or anything, but I find it interesting (given the whole 'Kir' thing, which I missed - thankfully) that enthusiastic new contributors like '905Region' reveal zero posting history when you go into the profile. Surely it's just a lag in the platform?

In a recent interview Ford claims he's lost 40lbs, which is a lot even considering what he started with.

Did anyone notice a difference?

Or is he exaggerating again?

Almost nobody outside of Canada (aside from urban planners, transit planners, and transit enthusiasts) ever seem to talk about Toronto's transit problems.

They just focus on Rob Ford's personal problems, rather than urban issues.

Most people who watch Rob Ford on late night comedy shows don't even know Toronto has an impressive streetcar system (what do you expect from said comedy shows being full of car commercials?).

Many people know about New York City's subway and Chicago's El, but not the Toronto streetcar or subway system. In fact, even Atlanta's famously overbuilt MARTA is more notable among Americans than our public transit system.

Last edited:
In a recent interview Ford claims he's lost 40lbs, which is a lot even considering what he started with.

Did anyone notice a difference?

Or is he exaggerating again?

If Ford says he lost 40, I would bet he's actually gained 10. That's how Ford math works.

I've been finding issues around Quebec corruption interesting as of late and I recently watched this documentary on a guy who exposed their biggest union as being linked to organized crime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0wOOCh0xes

Have any of you ever heard of stories of similar corruption with any of the unions here?

:))

Have you ever not heard stories of similar corruption with any of the unions here?

Not that the available evidence presents evidence of Ndrangheta (sp?), but if you've got the stomach for it, try reading up on Liuna.

I'm actually feeling inclined to measure my words here (which is disconcerting and wrong, but real). In answer to your question, "yes" and no more.

CheapAir's Rob Ford Rehab Offer Is The Latest Stunt To Get Toronto Mayor 'Help'

Dear Rob,

With horror we've watched the incidents of the past year. The crack smoke, the slurred, inebriated episode at Steak Queen, the crashing of the Board of Trade dinner.

Listen, we're not saying you have a problem (a unique leadership style, perhaps?) but, CheapAir is here for you. We sometimes hear from individuals with heart-wrenching stories who ask for assistance with flights, but your story has struck a chord like few others.

We're offering you a FREE roundtrip ticket to the rehab of your choice, courtesy of CheapAir.com!

You'll be bathed in luxury onboard with features like recline, seatback pocket, underseat storage, wall-to-wall carpeting and personal reading light. Let's just keep it to seltzer water onboard, eh?

We can't promise that our world-first voice recognition flight search app will understand your Steak Queen ramblings, but in sober tests we've found it works great.

Sincerely,

CheapAir.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/03/cheapair-rob-ford-rehab_n_4719423.html

I know you have trolls before but not one. Have visited Toronto Sick Kids for several years and they have been so great to my family as well as the people of Toronto. I really do hope you get a more compassionate Mayor and not the bully of a mayor you have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back