431     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 943     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of which is beside the point, which is: if Ford REALLY wanted a Canadian flag up, why didn't he put in a request for it with the city clerk's office beforehand? It's so obviously disingenuous political posturing.

Aren't there people with bisexual orientation which theoretically can go either way? Couldn't they be influenced to choose one way vs the other? Also, how about "straight" people turning to homosexuality in prisons? Doesn't it prove that under certain condition many more people can chose homosexual lifestyle?

Last summer my wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary, but I admit, I've been "on the fence" all my life. This afternoon, walking past City Hall and seeing that rainbow flag flapping so flamboyantly in the crisp winter wind, I was influenced to leave my wife, Eve, and move in with my best friend/hairdresser, Steve. No doubt I've made a terrible, terrible mistake -- one that I wouldn't have made if Mayor Ford had been able to do things his way.

Could be. Or could be that journalists made it up to put him in a bad light. I can imaging that by cutting workforce and benefits as well as fighting unions he has made lots of powerful enemies. For some reason, newspapers are full of his bad behavior and rarely speak about his accomplishments.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. In this case, they rarely speak of his accomplishments because he has so few, and what few he has to his name get drowned out by his unparalleled and unending shitstorm of incompetence, hypocrisy, bigotry and criminality.

So, you are saying if somebody disagrees with you, this by definition is a troll?

You're obviously a past troll returning under a different name. I don't remember the past names by I clearly remember the belligerent obtuseness.

Could be. Or could be that journalists made it up to put him in a bad light. I can imaging that by cutting workforce and benefits as well as fighting unions he has made lots of powerful enemies. For some reason, newspapers are full of his bad behavior and rarely speak about his accomplishments.

Apparently you've never actually heard Rob Ford speak. No journalist would ever have to make anything up when it comes to Rob Ford. He supplies a steady diet of insane quotes nearly every time he opens his mouth.

Sorry, but you are missing the point. He didn't want the Canadian flag there in the first place, he'd just prefer that instead of adding a rainbow flag there we would put a Canadian flag there. I.e. either there is no flag there, or there is a Canadian flag.

Actually, I think you're claiming the exact opposite of what he's been trying to. He's been trying to say he's not against Pride, but FOR Patriotism. You're trying to say he doesn't care about having the Canadian flag represented, just that he wants the Pride one to NOT be represented. Okay, well, that's kind of awful: all it's about for him is preventing a marginalized community from getting their flag flown?

Yes, the ignore feature is fantastic! Too bad the UT mods aren't moderating city hall. Rob Ford would get banned lickety-split!
What would have got RF banned if city hall lived in UT land? Before he became mayor by attacking every chance he got? By making racist and homophobic comments? By saying that cyclists have only themselves to blame if they get run over by a car?
Or would the UT mods have waited until Ford was mayor to ban him?
Definitely the 'having enough to eat at home' would be insta-ban. But what else, before that, would have brought down the ban hammer?

But it also means that we are onto something here, that the trolls come a-calling.
We should feel proud that trolls leave their dungeon domains and attempt an attack on UT!

yes... they do seem to pop up more when this thread is discussing toronto mafia families and the like.

I guess the question is how you'd explain his popularity among voters? 40-50% of Toronto is a pretty sound supporting base.

First, you're relying on one poll with questionable methodology.

Next, you're confusing approval rating with voter intention. Many agree with Ford's talking points (not aware that his record reflects failure to achieve his goals) and answer that they approve of his agenda.

Also, ipsos did a poll that found more than 2/3rds would never consider voting for him. This is not solid support for Ford.

It's about focusing people on Olympics and Canada as a whole, not on a very small community, which views he doesn't share.
"Mayor Ford said it should be about patriotism and not someone’s sexual preference."
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...pite-allegations-of-homophobia-against-mayor/

Again, this has never been the function of the courtesy pole at City Hall. I have still yet to see you explain why Ford didn't oppose raising the flags of Bolivia, Ecuador, and Jamaica during the 2012 Olympics, when this objection would be equally if not more valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back