639     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 576     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's Norm Kelly, keeping a critical eye on the Federal Budget. Rob Ford wouldn't even understand the proceedings.

When all this is over (Soon, please!), Norm Kelly deserves a huge freaking pat on the back for remaining involved, insightful and informed. And for helping our sad city hang on to its last shred of dignity.

And there's Norm Kelly, keeping a critical eye on the Federal Budget. Rob Ford wouldn't even understand the proceedings.

When all this is over (Soon, please!), Norm Kelly deserves a huge freaking pat on the back for remaining involved, insightful and informed. And for helping our sad city hang on to its last shred of dignity.

Yup, there are a lot of really good people in this big mess and Kelly is definitely one of them. He's restored sanity to a crazy situation and he's done it with a sense of humour.

Sorry to get back to the garbage but, yuck. Q & A with GFLs Pat Dovigi

So is your bid cheap because you work your employees that much harder?

You gave $1,000 to Rob Ford’s campaign. How do you think he’s done so far?

There’s a clip of you online pummelling another goalie. You could throw a punch.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2012/01/31/qa-patrick-dovigi/

Yup, there are a lot of really good people in this big mess and Kelly is definitely one of them. He's restored sanity to a crazy situation and he's done it with a sense of humour.

I don't think Norm Kelly is exceptional in any way, it's just that he's not a complete fuckup so he seems like a saint compared to Frod.

Sorry to get back to the garbage but, yuck. Q & A with GFLs Pat Dovigi

So is your bid cheap because you work your employees that much harder?

You gave $1,000 to Rob Ford’s campaign. How do you think he’s done so far?

There’s a clip of you online pummelling another goalie. You could throw a punch.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2012/01/31/qa-patrick-dovigi/

*fun fact* Article says he was an NHL Goalie... He was drafted. By the Oilers. Never played higher than ECHL, though. */fun fact*

I wonder how many other things he's, ummm, exaggerated.

I don't think Norm Kelly is exceptional in any way, it's just that he's not a complete fuckup so he seems like a saint compared to Frod.

He may not be exceptional but he is doing things the way they should be done. I'm happy with him even though I disagree with the subway that he wants.

To give you maximum benefit of the doubt, I hope you're trying to criticize those who would vote for RoFo because they're closed-mindedly creeped out by LGBT people the same way he is.

Because otherwise, WTF? Yeah, same-sex marriage laws, etc., get decided in the Supreme Court and House of Commons, but how welcome and safe a citizen feels walking down the street she or he lives on is most definitely affected by the attitude of municipal politicians, especially mayors.

If RoFo were (a) not an idiot and (b) not abusing substances to the verge of 24/7 unconsciousness, I would accuse him of using an evil and destructive strategy for his selfish electoral benefit.

yes (to you and the other poster) I was kind of looking at this from only the point of view of someone saying "I'm going to vote for Rob Ford because he doesn't like gays and won't march in the parade, and this makes my life better by ______ " (how, exactly?). I was not thinking of any higher principles because I was calculating in the same "bottom-line" way as those who voted Ford just to save $60 on the VRT (hey, at least they got $60!).

Well, to be fair he did say "The Edmonton Oilers drafted me 41st overall, but I never really made it beyond the minors."

You'd think after a year, and with that quote and a couple of the comments, calling them on it, they'd have changed the headline. (As a hockey fan, and not recognizing the name hockey wise, I had his stats up just from the headline.)

It's really making sense now.
The Fo's have bosses.
Important bosses who don't take kindly to being told "no". That would help explain why Ro is refusing to yield to crushing public shame and anxiety. As for Do, I don't know... Maybe a streak of Steven Segall or something where he can take any shitstorm, while staying Zen-y.

If us internet PIs can connect these dots, why haven't the cops? Is Taverner really that good at putting out fires for the Fo's?

i also wonder why (correct me if i'm wrong) robyn's book didn't suggest this as a reason for their tenacity, but instead, seems to think it simply comes from their "being born to lead" delusion.

You'd think after a year, and with that quote and a couple of the comments, calling them on it, they'd have changed the headline. (As a hockey fan, and not recognizing the name hockey wise, I had his stats up just from the headline.)

in a way... dovigi's hockey "fame" comes more from his cousins Phil and Tony Esposito.

i know of at least one investigative reporter who works in broadcast media looking into the Ford bros, and the possibility of Deco being used as a front for heroin trafficking.

I'm very surprised that more media (or individuals) have not researched the dealings of Deco. Knowing how the Fords operate, I'm pretty sure, there could possibly be something fishy, going on there too. Someone does need to investigate, to make sure things are on the up & up.

I'm very surprised that more media (or individuals) have not researched the dealings of Deco. Knowing how the Fords operate, I'm pretty sure, there could possibly be something fishy, going on there too. Someone does need to investigate, to make sure things are on the up & up.
The Star editor Michael Cooke said a few months ago that some Star reporters were sent to Chicago to look into Deco operations there and they found nothing suspicious. But that's not to say there isn't anything there. Or that the media aren't in the process of writing an expose. After all, didn't the Globe and Mail's Doug Ford drug dealer story take about a year's work before it was published? There might be something in the pipeline. Who knows. Also, didn't Kevin Donovan write an article awhile back about the mafia? If so, that is reassuring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back