News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget garbage collection

Toronto Mike back in November
Mr. Beach, November 5, 2013 / 13:25
So, Ford's biggest achievement are privatized garbage pick-up and (maybe) a tax increase for subway construction.
How come no one is asking, who's the Tony Soprano of Toronto and how close is he to Rob Ford or Ford's friends?
Look, now Toronto really has passed Montreal....
@Mr Beach - There is a Tony Soprano Mr. Beach. And when it's opened it'll make Crackgate pale in comparison. #trustme
@Mr Beach and @Anonymous who replied to Mr Beach...
I'd put my money on Romeo DiBattista being Toronto's Tony Soprano

Greg McArthur @ December panel (paraphrased) "How many people know who Romeo DiBattista is?" (Show of hands) That`s surprising, as he really hasn`t come out yet in the story"

And the push for the subway. Find out who owns the land that is effected by Ford's (Snitz's) subway and and you may find some answers.

Not so much the land, but the contractors providing the work for the subway. GFL is already suing the City for the hole they dug for the Pan Am Pool. Yes, that's right, the same company that got the garbage contract with a very low bid. They also dig holes and move dirt, bet they get the subway job too.

"Anti-Mafia prosecutors in Italy probing a powerful international crime network say they have uncovered the new face of the Mafia in Toronto, alleging there are seven dominant mob families in the city, each with a boss who sits on an influential board of control."

"The Italian authorities allege that the seven primary ‘Ndrangheta families in the Toronto area are led by: Vincenzo Tavernese, 44, of Thornhill; Cosimo Figliomeni, 45, of Vaughan;Antonio Coluccio, 40, of Richmond Hill; Cosimo Commisso, of Toronto; Angelino Figliomeni, 47, of Woodbridge; Vincenzo “Jimmy” DeMaria, 56, of Mississauga; and Domenic Ruso, 65, of Brampton."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/24/a-new-mafia-crime-families-ruling-toronto-italy-alleges/

I am suggesting people do their own research into Toronto criminality. This Ford fiasco has piqued my interest in Toronto crime. I've stated in this thread that I have no direct information, just an ability to delve into archives of Toronto and crime.

What I have deduced is that what we see on the surface, is not the whole picture. There is always more serious issues underlying something like a mayor caught doing drugs.....kinda like seeing an iceberg....the true size of it lies under the surface.

Have I piqued your sleuthing interest? :)

I can imagine that the Fords are linked - somewhere, somehow - to a mob-type organization. And I can easily imagine the 'Ndrangheta being active in the GTA. I just don't see the evidence that the two groups actually are connected. It's just speculation at this point, unless, say, someone in the ITO can be shown to be linked to one of the crime families.

Mob associations would go a long way in explaining the Ford's generally extremely bizarre and overconfident behaviour.

From the Star:

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 32 mins
#ford #torpoli the Star's chief investigative reporter Kevin Donovan will have new details on the Ford search warrants tomorrow.

Doug's sudden interest in the Portlands last year came out of left field. Who knew that Doug had ever even heard of the Portlands? There is something going on under the surface.

"Anti-Mafia prosecutors in Italy probing a powerful international crime network say they have uncovered the new face of the Mafia in Toronto, alleging there are seven dominant mob families in the city, each with a boss who sits on an influential board of control."

"The Italian authorities allege that the seven primary ‘Ndrangheta families in the Toronto area are led by: Vincenzo Tavernese, 44, of Thornhill; Cosimo Figliomeni, 45, of Vaughan;Antonio Coluccio, 40, of Richmond Hill; Cosimo Commisso, of Toronto; Angelino Figliomeni, 47, of Woodbridge; Vincenzo “Jimmy” DeMaria, 56, of Mississauga; and Domenic Ruso, 65, of Brampton."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/24/a-new-mafia-crime-families-ruling-toronto-italy-alleges/

Man, I went to grade and high school in Brampton with a guy whose last name was Ruso. His family owned a garden centre that, if I remember correctly, had two or three separate fires due to "electrical problems".

Commisso as in the bakery/sandwich place that's allegedly a mob front?

Toronto Mike back in November ...

FWIW, several months back some contributor to this forum laughed off the idea that Romeo DiBattista is connected; claimed he just operated an after-hours club. But maybe investigating Robbie's connection to Romeo would nonetheless lead one to find out more about Robbie's shady activities.

And the push for the subway. Find out who owns the land that is effected by Ford's (Snitz's) subway and and you may find some answers.
Except that Ford's desire for a subway has moved all over, depending on where plans existed to run an LRT (aka "fancy streetcars"). He demanded a subway on Shephard, then on Eglinton East, and not getting satisfaction on either of those, a subway extension up to the Town Center (which would run under or over existing TTC land, wouldn't it?) He wants a subway now on Finch West. I think his various pushes for subway can be explained more simply as those of someone who has always relied on a personal automobile, and wants the car to remain the dominant form of transportation in the city. If you need an example of a subway that will reward land owners, you might do better to look at Sorbara's work.

Last edited:
Except that Ford's desire for a subway has moved all over, depending on where plans existed to run an LRT (aka "fancy streetcars"). He demanded a subway on Shephard, then on Eglinton East, and not getting satisfaction on either of those, a subway extension up to the Town Center (which would run under or over existing TTC land, wouldn't it?) He wants a subway now on Finch West. I think his various pushes for subway can be explained more simply as those of someone who has always relied on a personal automobile, and wants the car to remain the dominant form of transportation in the city. If you need an example of a subway that will reward land owners, you might do better to look at Sorbara's work.

I'd agree with this. Ford's position on transit is to just talk about it. He has not done anything beyond that. He would be just as happy if nothing gets built in his lifetime.

Now garbage.......that's a different matter and way easier to peddle his influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back