792     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 717     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 304     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that Rob should have the authority to unilaterally remove the chief for investigating him.

In political science, I think this argument is called The Cocksucker Principle.

Just reading The Sun's thing. It's nothing NEW for people who have been following this but to see everything so brazenly laid out (no pun intended) in THE SUN strikes me as extraordinary. It's just 100% unsympathetic: asking why gang members would be afraid of the mayor; questioning why this moron would go get more drugs at 15 Windsor AFTER he knows he's on a video for which he is being blackmailed; laying out all the accusations as straight-up fact. Arguably it's too little too late for The Sun but, on the other hand, better late than never. There may yet be a few of their readers who look at this and go, "Well, if Michele Mandel says so, maybe I should reconsider my vote..."

You're kidding. Dougie's forgetting about the TPSB and how things are supposed to work?

No, it makes total sense! Because the chief saying he's "disappointed" is him being political. Which logically means that the mayor - one elected person - unilaterally deciding when to hire/fire the chief (especially if the latter is investigating the former for alleged crimes) is clearly removing the politics from the equation..........right?

If I was Doug, I'd enjoy the ride the next few months but not print up too many "Doug Ford: Campaign Manager," business cards. It might not be a solid career path for him.

Just reading The Sun's thing. It's nothing NEW for people who have been following this but to see everything so brazenly laid out (no pun intended) in THE SUN strikes me as extraordinary. It's just 100% unsympathetic: asking why gang members would be afraid of the mayor; questioning why this moron would go get more drugs at 15 Windsor AFTER he knows he's on a video for which he is being blackmailed; laying out all the accusations as straight-up fact. Arguably it's too little too late for The Sun but, on the other hand, better late than never. There may yet be a few of their readers who look at this and go, "Well, if Michele Mandel says so, maybe I should reconsider my vote..."

That struck me, too.

Plus, if part one of a seven-part series summarized events right up to the beginning of the crack scandal, there may well be more to add. It'll be interesting to see what they come out with while waiting for Doolittle's book!

He's definitely drunk or analog (which is why I suggested the G). From everything I know and have personally experienced, there is no way he was high on stimulants in that video. He would not be as incoherent. Stimulants GREATLY attenuate the effects of alcohol.

I don't actually think he was anything but alcohol in that vid, I just thought it would be another downer, if anything. Definitely not a stimulant.

That being said, it is possible that he's on some sort of weak stimulant dose coupled with a high dose of a disassociative like K.....but, yeah, he just looks drunk to me.

Though, as I've said before, he's looked like he was having negative reactions to stimulant use in some of the photos made public. Psychosis would be one of these. He could be having an alcohol-triggered psychosis episode in the video.

I don't know......he's fucked. Another thing I've said before: he sure as hell uses drugs as irresponsibly as a stupid 17 year old.

I have no personal experience with stimulants, but during the 90s I was in a band and witnessed a fair amount of cocaine use backstage from other bands or hangers-on... and that video to me looks pretty much exactly like the type of behavior I saw out of people on coke/crack. I saw a lot of those sort of incoherent, sped-up speech patterns.

I have no personal experience with stimulants, but during the 90s I was in a band and witnessed a fair amount of cocaine use backstage from other bands or hangers-on... and that video to me looks pretty much exactly like the type of behavior I saw out of people on coke/crack. I saw a lot of those sort of incoherent, sped-up speech patterns.

Yup, I spent time with bands in Kensington Market area late 80's- early 90's. Have seen stuff....

Video 1- "murderous rant"- RoFo is high on crack cocaine.
Video 2-"Steak Queen"- RoFo is high on weed, bit drunk.

Yup, I spent time with bands in Kensington Market area late 80's- early 90's. Have seen stuff....

Not weed, no way in hell was Ford high on pot. I've smoked a lot of pot in my days, while drinking, and it has never made me act like that. I have been around a lot of people smoking weed while drinking and they've never acted like that. I would bet money that it wasn't pot.

How insane is it that we now have to qualify which video we're discussing?

Regardless of what he was on during the Steak Queen video, the first thought I had was "this guy is mentally ill".

So Ford can pretty much do whatever drug he wants now and if a video is made public while he is high he can just say "yeah, I drank last night. Minor set back".

My guess is he was on coke at Steak Queen. He will never admit to doing coke. Yes, he admitted to smoking crack but only because he was under the influence of alcohol. Society can tolerate alcohol. Almost everyone drinks. Hard drugs are another story. I'm sure Ford's team has told him to keep alcohol the main focus whenever he's exposed in an inebriated state.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. It depends on where you fall on the bipolar spectrum, and it can be rapid cycling.

Alcohol and any illicit drug usually causes mania in a person who falls into the catch-all diagnosis of bipolar disorder, and the mania doesn't dissipate when the drug or alcohol wears off. ADHD maybe, but I'm doubting bipolar.

I loved "Tip toe through the tulips"....

Not necessarily. It depends on where you fall on the bipolar spectrum, and it can be rapid cycling.

From my own experience dealing with bi-polar "Hyper-Manic" individuals they do not cycle "that fast" (in the space of time of having a meal) and especially in men - when they do cycle - they are EXTREMELY coherent (in thought) and you need an elephant tranq gun to simply slow them down to the speed of light. They will mumble and trip over words but that's only because they are trying to communicate two thoughts simultaneously.

In this video what is happening to Rob Ford is definitely not a "bi-polar" cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back