329     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 505     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm trying to imagine what that would look like!:)

And maybe full makeup and lipstick? Wow!

A couple of possibilities

mimi.jpg

bravado_little_britain_yeah_but_no-.jpg

All this source and rumour stuff can be very circular. Someone sees one of Metroman's posts here about something supposedly coming done sometime soon, goes to Twitter and posts 150 characters with some little embellishment based on that, someone sees that post on Twitter and comes back here thinking that's added information to what Metroman said a couple days before.

Yep. Well said.

@adma LOL.

All this source and rumour stuff can be very circular. Someone sees one of Metroman's posts here about something supposedly coming done sometime soon, goes to Twitter and posts 150 characters with some little embellishment based on that, someone sees that post on Twitter and comes back here thinking that's added information to what Metroman said a couple days before.
It is much easier to write an unsubstantiated rumour than to write a factual statement backed with evidence on Twitter, especially given the length restrictions.

It would be unsurprising that the news would take stories from fictitious (not to be confused with fictional) people.

For the record - i find the last few postings to be completely tactless.

Cross dressing has much to do with sexuality and very little to do with homosexuality.

Insinuations that someone is gay because their "fawning admiration of some young guy's muscles on drunken walk down the Danforth night was a big red flag" and they coach football is ludicrous. There is enough $hit to use about against Ford, including his general incompetence in running the city, that rumours mongering and relying on outdated stereotypes about gay people to further tarnish his reputation, is in my mind wholly unbecoming of this forum.

He's a drug addict and has no concept of how to manage a balance sheet. These are facts. Lets stick to facts or salient rumours.

Insinuations that someone is gay because their "fawning admiration of some young guy's muscles on drunken walk down the Danforth night was a big red flag" and they coach football is ludicrous.
Okay then, "big red flag" is the wrong term. I don't know what it says about his interests, and it's not a big deal to me. I did however at the time find this particular incident amusing given Ford's hostility to the gay community. He looked lecherous to me, certainly would have seemed that way talking about the body of some young female who was hooting with her friends at his drunken stupidity on the street. Maybe more just another episode of Rob Ford's strange unpredictable awkwardness and leave it at that.

For the record - i find the last few postings to be completely tactless.

Cross dressing has much to do with sexuality and very little to do with homosexuality.

Insinuations that someone is gay because their "fawning admiration of some young guy's muscles on drunken walk down the Danforth night was a big red flag" and they coach football is ludicrous. There is enough $hit to use about against Ford, including his general incompetence in running the city, that rumours mongering and relying on outdated stereotypes about gay people to further tarnish his reputation, is in my mind wholly unbecoming of this forum.

He's a drug addict and has no concept of how to manage a balance sheet. These are facts. Lets stick to facts or salient rumours.

^Agreed.
Ford may drink because he is suppressing his true identity. But his sexuality is not our business. And he should not be made fun for it.
It is akin to the posting of all those women in skimpy outfits: salacious gossiping.

However, if the 'rumour' was that Ford was involved with under-aged teenagers, that needs to be clarified/investigated. But we needn't make fun of that either.

> Was he violent and/or abusive to women when you knew him, or did that happen later on?

Reminds me of the old, "Have you stopped beating your wife?". :)

There is absolutely nothing in your post which would warrant the use of a smiley face. Spousal abuse is in no way, shape or form, funny.

^Agreed.
Ford may drink because he is suppressing his true identity. But his sexuality is not our business. And he should not be made fun for it.
It is akin to the posting of all those women in skimpy outfits: salacious gossiping.

However, if the 'rumour' was that Ford was involved with under-aged teenagers, that needs to be clarified/investigated. But we needn't make fun of that either.

Fair enough, but the point still stands, can Robbie's decisions be trusted if he is only using subterfuge?

What an interesting article, with some salient points that I am projecting onto Ford Nayshun.
[Ernst Rohm] had no political beliefs, only prejudices - particularly hatred of Jews. Historian Joachim Fest describes Rohm's generation of alienated, demobbed young men humiliated by defeat as "agents of a permanent revolution without any revolutionary idea of the future, only a wish to eternalize the values of the trenches."
Ford, and his failed state, have no vision. They only yell a reactionary NO to ideas. They feel victimized and alienated, and their vote is a protest against some mythical downtown elite political body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back