175     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 371     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are they implying that Ford was molesting the football players with Sandro? Or that he had a relationship with Sandro?

1) if it's the latter, then Ford is kind of vindicated. No way people can go after him for that without looking like gigantic hypocrites. Although Ford Nation will look like hypocrites for all of a sudden being tolerant of homosexuals because their lord and saviour has turned out to be one. I for one welcome them to eat their words and finally understand that gay people are people who are deserving of fair treatment. It still doesn't mean that Ford's a good mayor or a good person though, but anytime people say anything to the contrary, they'll be accused of being homophobic and hypocritical. That's going to be fun.
2) if it's the former, Ford Nation will declare "witch hunt". They'll accuse people of lying, or paying people to make false claims. Even if it's on video, they'll just claim the video was faked (like they tried with the crack video).

Curious to see where this goes, but I don't think it's going to rock Ford Nation very much if these are the only options.

I think they don't even qualify as opinions. Just a bunch of silly twitter chatter between people with vivid imaginations and time on their hands.

I also saw that coming and I realized I should have made things a little more clear. It isn't a gay trait, but it is a trait of a man who has been potentially hiding his real self for all these years, faking at a marriage, straight sex... overcompensating by being macho and feeling resentment at the woman he has been pretending with for years. She is the easy target for his anger, and so are other women. It's fits in with his out of control angry frat boy demeanour.

This is, after all, Rob Ford we are talking about here. Regardless, gay or straight or in-between, he's a horrible person and a horrible mayor.

It also ties in with what he said in the crack video, something about everyone expecting him to be a right wing conservative, at the time we all thought it was about the dope, but maybe it's his whole life that's a lie.

Please don't let him be a crossdresser. Because then there would be pictures. *shudder* The ones of him dressed as a man are bad enough.

I've heard from a separate source that Giroux is closing in on Ford. I'd love to know what they've got on him but I suspect it won't take long for details to leak. I'm patient as long as the TPS release what they've got before the election. My one wish is that Ford is relegated to third place or worse early on in the election so that we can get on with a serious debate about the future of this city.

I'm optimistic that things are going to get hot again because Brazen 2 is still being investigated and they already have enough on Lisi to prosecute him -- this isn't about him, it's about Ford.

Plus Giroux is due to retire, I bet he'd like to leave with a bang, not a whimper;)

Sandro was one of my best friends for years. I'd be shocked if he was gay. Never showed any signs. The guy's always had a beautiful girl by his side.

I think we need to take all of this with a giant grain of salt.

having said that...

eyewonder
I don't want to learn any more about this dude.
I want him to have just done what we know he has done and get booted out of city hall for it.

Also, be careful.

You are implying what he has of Dale. Let's not BE rob ford

It would not be the first time Rob was actually doing some something that he accuses an 'opponent' of doing. But keep the bolded part in mind.

Sandro was one of my best friends for years. I'd be shocked if he was gay. Never showed any signs. The guy's always had a beautiful girl by his side.

Was he violent and/or abusive to women when you knew him, or did that happen later on?

It also ties in with what he said in the crack video, something about everyone expecting him to be a right wing conservative, at the time we all thought it was about the dope, but maybe it's his whole life that's a lie.

The whole "football", and communal shower of sports, are quite the stereotype. Ever watch "Victor Victoria"?

It's easier to promote a lie if no one is looking for the truth.

Was he violent and/or abusive to women when you knew him, or did that happen later on?

Sounds like someone acting out due to self loathing.

sno man

I agree completely about that grain of salt. Unfortunately with Rob and Doug, we seem to reach a new low every few weeks. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does.

Ford's sexuality, like anyone else's, is his own business. But if he's not being honest with himself and with the electorate and whatever's going on in his personal life is detracting from his performance as an elected official, to say nothing of the apparent and numerous links to the world of crime, then he has no business presenting himself as an upstanding, honest family man and all-round straight-shooter (npi).

All this source and rumour stuff can be very circular. Someone sees one of Metroman's posts here about something supposedly coming done sometime soon, goes to Twitter and posts 150 characters with some little embellishment based on that, someone sees that post on Twitter and comes back here thinking that's added information to what Metroman said a couple days before.

I thought Ford's fawning admiration of some young guy's muscles on drunken walk down the Danforth night was a big red flag. But who knows. I've been surprised that no one, except a social worker broker trying to sell the Star a video, has really stepped forward with any dirt on Ford. Not former football players, not relatives (including the sister's exes) or friends of family, no prostitutes or party pals, not anyone in Ford's office (except when questioned by police), not any small-time drug dealers or gang members, not any desperate friends who live in their parents' basements. You'd think given all the attention, including from international media, and the aimlessness of many of Ford's associates, that there'd be lots of people rushing forward to tell their crazy Rob Ford stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back