3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 655     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
he would be organizing places for people to go to. He would be trying all ways possible to communicate with the people who had no phone or internet connections. He would be all over cbc, cp24. He would be telling neighbours to check on elderly and frail neighbours. He would be urging people not to drive on the roads.

Here is what he would not be doing - going on tv stating there is no emergency, then telling people to go to hotels.

Oh and i am sure david miller would also ask that neighbours take in neighbours and i am positive he would not talk about 20,000 housing units without heat and hydro by telling them to get a hotel. No. Miller would already understand they could not afford hotels and i bet he would have hooked up with a few community centres and churches to ensure those who needed shelter would have it. In short, he would do everything a smart, intelligent, compassionate person would do.

But we have a small-minded, idiotic child man whiner for mayor, also a coward.

Miller would never have said shit about having to cancel fucking kanye and what a hard ship that would be.

Yeah i am pissed that some people seem to think ford, fucking ford is better than miller. Millers toenail is better than an entire ford.

this.

He would be organizing places for people to go to. He would be trying all ways possible to communicate with the people who had no phone or internet connections. He would be all over CBC, CP24. He would be telling neighbours to check on elderly and frail neighbours. He would be urging people not to drive on the roads.

Here is what he would not be doing - going on TV stating there is no emergency, then telling people to go to hotels.

Oh and I am sure David Miller would also ask that neighbours take in neighbours and I am positive he would not talk about 20,000 Housing units without heat and hydro by telling them to get a hotel. No. Miller would already understand they could not afford hotels and I bet he would have hooked up with a few community centres and churches to ensure those who needed shelter would have it. In short, he would do everything a smart, intelligent, compassionate person would do.

Miller would never have said shit about having to cancel fucking Kanye and what a hard ship that would be.

Yeah I am pissed that some people seem to think Ford, fucking FORD is better than Miller. Millers toenail is better than an entire Ford.

Toronto really deserves a much better mayor. Ford HAS to go.

Pretty revealing family dynamics if he has spent time in a hotel since the outage instead of taking the family to spend the night (or two) at Doug's, Randy's, or even his Mom's. And I doubt it if all of them have their power off also.

Think you're reading a bit too much into it. I'd stay in a hotel too, I don't have any issues with my siblings or parents, just why make my inconvenience theirs too?

Just a short aside - Mom Ford's is Randy's place. This was confirmed by journalists who went to the family's Christmas party, where they were given a tour of the house.

Ford pointed up to Randy's balcony. "Randy's got it made in spades." Repeated it twice. #TOpoli
source

Yeah I am pissed that some people seem to think Ford, fucking FORD is better than Miller. Millers toenail is better than an entire Ford.

Thank you, GG, I miss Miller. No matter how the political pundits would like to tear him apart he was a class act, and I know this from a very personal perspective. We went from having a shining beacon of hope for the city, to a chest thumping, lying, deceitful......ok, happy thoughts...sigh. It is Christmas Eve-Eve after all. May everyone at UT have a lovely holiday, free from Fordisms at least until Boxing Day. Merry Merry, all :)

Think you're reading a bit too much into it. I'd stay in a hotel too, I don't have any issues with my siblings or parents, just why make my inconvenience theirs too?

Because as the mayor you're supposed to set an example for the rest of the city. But that ship has sailed, who cares, the Fords can spend the storm in a hotel.

Because as the mayor you're supposed to set an example for the rest of the city.

You're supposed to provide leadership for the rest of the city. That doesn't necessarily entail setting an example. Pretty sure no one cares whether Norm Kelly's power is out, and if it was, no one would care if his family was staying in a hotel, because he doesn't shirk his responsibilities.

So my point is, I don't think we should criticize Ford for putting his family in a hotel. That's petty, and his supporters love the ammo it provides. What he should be attacked for is the real problem, which is that he's been MIA and using taking care of his family as an excuse when he has more than enough resources to not need to spend more than 5 minutes attending to the family.

He would be organizing places for people to go to. He would be trying all ways possible to communicate with the people who had no phone or internet connections. He would be all over CBC, CP24. He would be telling neighbours to check on elderly and frail neighbours. He would be urging people not to drive on the roads.

Here is what he would not be doing - going on TV stating there is no emergency, then telling people to go to hotels.

Oh and I am sure David Miller would also ask that neighbours take in neighbours and I am positive he would not talk about 20,000 Housing units without heat and hydro by telling them to get a hotel. No. Miller would already understand they could not afford hotels and I bet he would have hooked up with a few community centres and churches to ensure those who needed shelter would have it. In short, he would do everything a smart, intelligent, compassionate person would do.

Miller would never have said shit about having to cancel fucking Kanye and what a hard ship that would be.

Here here! Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back