News   Jul 17, 2024
 560     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 952     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see.
Some of the higher ups have cycled through prison, but most are very smart...and, yeah, not really paranoid at all. The distribution networks are ridiculous, but even some higher ups who do their own sales are smart enough to avoid detection without resorting to patvdowns and mobile phone drops.

Really, Dixon Bloods type dealers are too loud and stupid to be effective.

PS: to this day it blows my mind that there are so many pharmacists clearing multiple thousand profits weekly. Where are all the customers?
Anyway, war on drugs: gigantic failure.

But what I really want to know is: how do you happen to know more than one of this kind of drug dealer? I still think it's unusual. It doesn't really matter, of course, I'm just curious. Maybe you don't want to get into it, and that's fine.

Jon Kay on Twitter says "Tomorrow's @nationalpost will contain a rather blistering attack by Conrad Black on @TorontoStar and its recent treatment of him & Rob Ford".

Pretty appalling that the Post would let him use his position there to comment on a potential lawsuit in which he would be a defendant. But they do seem to have a soft spot for their old Proprietor.

But what I really want to know is: how do you happen to know more than one of this kind of drug dealer? I still think it's unusual. It doesn't really matter, of course, I'm just curious. Maybe you don't want to get into it, and that's fine.

Why don't we just let it go? MTown seems a thoughtful, sensitive person. Why should we judge him by - or even care - who he knows? His posts tell me more than I need to know about his strength of character.

And frankly it's another tangent that this forum could do without.

Nothing like having a convicted criminal to blister about anything after allowing a sociopath to insinuate his critic is a pedophile on his TV show without a smidgen of proof.

AoD

I don't follow this thread very closely anymore so I apologize if the following question has already been asked.

Has it not occurred to the Star that they have a little 'splaining to do with regard to defamation etc. They charged that Ford beat up a football player a couple of years ago who popped up and volunteered that the whole story was nonsense but no apology ensued. I am not a lawyer or a Latin scholar but the situation may be identified as a case of "tit for tat".

I would be a little nervous if I were the Star.

Before the Troll machine is fired up may I say in my defence that no opinions were stated on the merits of any of these activities.

I don't follow this thread very closely anymore so I apologize if the following question has already been asked.

Has it not occurred to the Star that they have a little 'splaining to do with regard to defamation etc. They charged that Ford beat up a football player a couple of years ago who popped up and volunteered that the whole story was nonsense but no apology ensued. I am not a lawyer or a Latin scholar but the situation may be identified as a case of "tit for tat".

Before the Troll machine is fired up may I say in my defence that no opinions were stated on the merits of any of these activities.

What happened in that case, IINM, is that Ford didn't want to go forward with the whole process. He just served them the notice that he would be suing if they didn't apologize and then he let his own deadline expire.

The Star stood by those allegations and does to this day. Ford on the other hand allowed his opportunity to pursue and kind of defamation suit to lapse. There is no possibility for that now. And in any case, Ford was guilty of abusing that player.

Jon Kay on Twitter says "Tomorrow's @nationalpost will contain a rather blistering attack by Conrad Black on @TorontoStar and its recent treatment of him & Rob Ford".

Pretty appalling that the Post would let him use his position there to comment on a potential lawsuit in which he would be a defendant. But they do seem to have a soft spot for their old Proprietor.

well, I'm not sure it will be all that effective since:

a) nobody reads the post

b) if they do (accidentally, or otherwise), a vast majority of readers give up on any conrad black article after a paragraph or two (unless, of course, it is conrad himself reading aloud to barbara as I'm sure he does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back