1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 613     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting book on the mayor's reception desk:
BbUiUnPIIAMpRt4.jpg:large

I wonder how long that's been there, and who's been reading it to the Mayor(?)

Dale's lawyer said on CP24 that when she showed up at the mayor's office to deliver the libel documents she was asked to leave her cellphone outside and sign a paper declaring that she doesn't have any recording devices on her.

Our mayor's office, ladies and gentlemen.

If I recall correctly, paranoia is a side effect of crack use. I might just be mixing Peep Show up with reality though. I have to wonder if Ford was just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. What could possibly be recorded during the delivery of libel documents that would be damaging? Did they frisk her too?

All this from a public figure "dedicated" to transparency.

How did the lawyer seem to feel about the ridiculous security precautions?

Paranoia is a side-effect of all stimulant overuse.

His dedication to transparency reminds me of that of Harper, Dear Leader.

If I recall correctly, paranoia is a side effect of crack use. I might just be mixing Peep Show up with reality though. I have to wonder if Ford was just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. What could possibly be recorded during the delivery of libel documents that would be damaging? Did they frisk her too?

Well, the Mayor has been secretly recorded a bunch of times, so it's not that paranoid.

I believe she refused so only the process server ended up going into the Mayor's office.

TOperson said:
Well, the Mayor has been secretly recorded a bunch of times, so it's not that paranoid

Good point. I almost followed with: "what could the mayor be doing in his office that'...." before I stopped myself for obvious reasons :D

I believe she refused so only the process server ended up going into the Mayor's office.

Thanks. I'm glad she refused.

That you know of is right. You'd be surprised. The Dixon Bloods don't exactly illustrate what a typical dealer looks like or how they behave. The war on drugs has made many into entrepreneurs.

So, do you know Dixon Blood types of drug dealers? I mean dealers that would have reason to be paranoid about being recorded etc?

I'm sure I'm acquainted with people who could connect me with a small supply of weed, I just never asked around. But that's low-level stuff.

Can't say I agree with that. he didn't engage in ad hominem attacks and was polite as far as internet forum life goes. I don't know why people felt the need to refute every post and keep replying endlessly. He didn't even spam with 10 posts a day or anything (at least not since I've been here). Strange rules here.

i agree. no one was forcing anyone to read what peepers said, but now, we have all been forced to not hear what peepers has to say. and it was ironically done right after peepers was defending free speech. sad.

I'm sure you could hear the hearty guffaws and manly snorts throughout the rotunda after the server left and they wiped butt with the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back