4.5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 679     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found ManuvSteele's drop in here to be bizarre. Seemed like he wanted attention/credit, and wouldn't provide anything definitive to back up his claims. I think there was a screen-cap of a Keenan tweet floating around, but it could easily have been faked. This doesn't definitively rule ManuvSteele out as the hacker, but there's absolutely nothing ruling him in either.

The tweet was real, I looked for it. Also "smh" isn't a hip-hop thing, I see that term used all the time.

The tweet was real, I looked for it. Also "smh" isn't a hip-hop thing, I see that term used all the time.
which tweet? The Keenan one where he says he's never heard of DrunkSuperman? Because I recall the other tweet screen capture posted by manuvsteel was a DM, wasn't it? I didn't find either, but I certainly could have missed something.

which tweet? The Keenan one where he says he's never heard of DrunkSuperman? Because I recall the other tweet screen capture posted by manuvsteel was a DM, wasn't it? I didn't find either, but I certainly could have missed something.

i think you might be referring to a faked picture of keenan saying that, which i posted to prove it was easy to do.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Ford election donor list that looked as bent as a straw? That should have been a major story.

Before any paper publishes anything this contentious, you know they're running every letter of every word of it by a few different lawyers.

That would make a lot of sense. I should think too the police might want to know about this as I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use sex workers to get drugs. But I'm sure the police will let it go in order to find SOMETHING EVEN BIGGER! Right? That's how this works right? If I just convince the police I'm a mob boss I can basically get away with petty crime the rest of my days.

I was looking through the Lisi ITO and I found this little gem about Rob Ford's assistant Thomas Beyer: "BEYER claims to be the person that convinced the Mayor to run for Mayor."

So, you know, if you're looking for someone to blame.... :)

Last edited:

Ridiculous accusations like this are why the Ford brothers got elected in the first place!

Here we have an NDP Councillor - Sarah Doucette - accusing Doug Ford of "buying votes" because Doug has pledged $50,000 of his own money to go towards making improvements in 10 city parks across the city (not just Etobicoke). Doug isn't even running for re-election - how could he be buying votes? What is more Doug is planning on spending HIS money in wards that do not receive the benefit of section 37 funds (i.e. the re-election war-chest that downtown Councillor's use to buy votes for their reelection).

In the same article it says that Doucette herself is raising money for making improvements to a park. So it's OK for her to "buy votes" as long as she uses other peoples money?

This kind of idiocy on the left wing is going to get Rob Ford re-elected.

Ridiculous accusations like this are why the Ford brothers got elected in the first place!

Here we have an NDP Councillor - Sarah Doucette - accusing Doug Ford of "buying votes" because Doug has pledged $50,000 of his own money to go towards making improvements in 10 city parks across the city (not just Etobicoke). Doug isn't even running for re-election - how could he be buying votes? What is more Doug is planning on spending HIS money in wards that do not receive the benefit of section 37 funds (i.e. the re-election war-chest that downtown Councillor's use to buy votes for their reelection).

In the same article it says that Doucette herself is raising money for making improvements to a park. So it's OK for her to "buy votes" as long as she uses other peoples money?

I don't think people can be blamed for being skeptical that Doug is giving away 50 grand for parks out of the goodness of his heart.

But I'm sure the police will let it go in order to find SOMETHING EVEN BIGGER! Right? That's how this works right? If I just convince the police I'm a mob boss I can basically get away with petty crime the rest of my days.

Right! Hahahaha! That's a good joke, but it's a joke with an agenda, as they say. (I wish I could remember who "they" are--"joke with an agenda" is terse and useful in a lot of contexts, so it would be nice to be able to make proper attribution.)

Just don't be too convincing, lest you attract the unwelcome attention of (a) Crowns and (b) real mob bosses who might perceive a rival ... :p

Idiocy is believing one Doug Ford is spending 50 grand of his own (I assume after tax money) to upgrade city assets????? And out of the goodness of his heart??????

Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells.

What...that's the cash he was going to use to pay for all those drug tests for City Hall? ha ha

Peepers your colours are showing.

First, Doucette said it might and that it's a dicey issue. She also said it’s going to a very worthy cause.

Second, if Doug Ford only cared about donating money to parks there is annonmous ways to do it.

Thirdly, Doug has political aspiration at the provincial level and is heavily involved with his brother munincipal re-election so to say he doesn't have a horse in this race isn't completely genuine.

Fourth, it will be interesting to see if Doug lets Toronto Parks choose which parks get the money or if he specifies.

If at any point in the elections (municipal or provincial) some one linked to their campaign brings up this donation than I would count it as vote buying.

I have no issue with anyone being charitable with their money, time or skills. It's just that the Fords have history of trying to use their charitable actions as metaphorical get out of free jail cards.

Now let's talk about your absolutely rediculous statement about section 37 money. If it wasn't for sections 37 funds there would be a lot more opposition to development. Even downtown nighbourhoods get riled up at new development. Section 37 funds help alleviate the stress brought to neighbourhoods with increased development.

Now guess what, guess what increased density downtown does?

It allows for the city to have a larger pool of properties that they can collect tax from. Now guess where that tax money goes?

ALL OVER THE CITY from Etobicoke to Scarborough, From the lake to steeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back